Friday Crop Report on a Thursday.

Commodity Marketing

Tools

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday.

SASKFARMER's Avatar Jul 9, 2020 | 05:38 1 Well what a wet week of storms for most, hail rain, winds. Major system went over Sask, but our area was left alone. Total rain fall 1/3 to 1/4 of a inch.

Total for the year for the farm, 2.74. Just checked we got our usual 1/10 last night.

So I call 2020 the year of the tenth. Because ever time I check the station it’s 1/10.

Ok here we go.

Hrs is in heading or flag and guys are really using quite a bit of Ace. We had a Demo last year were happy with it and will do some of our wheat with it. It this year I am picking only some fields that show good potential. Yes it’s from a Chinese company but I think it works. You can go earlier than your prosaro. Midge to east of us closer to boarder and south about a hour. Wheat looks not bad considering. Early seeded has less potential as first rain came about five days to late.

Barley is thinner this year but still is doing ok and getting ready to head.

Oats is filling in nice.

Flax in area is thinner than normal, no real 10/10 fields any place.

Peas wow most farms have really nice peas and lentils, oh yea we’re dry not flooding like usual so this is what it’s like to not flood. All fields sprayed for disease just to keep them standing nicer for peas and lentils well you sneeze and they get a cold.

Canola the over priced crop to grow needs to have seed prices dropped just a little as some early look ok those seeded around the 16 th to 25 are wow and those in June are wtf. But ground was dryer.
Nicest catch is seeded June 18 on pea stubble that was worked last fall. Flowering on early and middle but late is struggling.

Canary in area quite a bit looks good and is getting sprayed not sure disease or aphids.

Fall seeded rye is thin, not sure these new varieties are as good as old. Our sand ridge when I was a kid grew a better stand. But I can bet your paying way more for seed.

Pasture came back a bit or are just hanging in.

First cut is less than last year and newer fields of hay are doing better.

So again guys are busy starting to spray some fungicides. Not every one is gearing up as very little to no dew in mornings and min rain so canopy not really wet.

Bugs so far are min.

Basically I can’t believe the crop is doing as good as it is on the tenth rain system we’re getting.so here is to another tenth.

Yes the rain every day in harvest is what’s helping the 2020 crop as established crops roots are going down like a hooker on the job.

Have a great week and keep safe and watch the sky it could be a storm or a drop hitting you in the eye. Reply With Quote
SASKFARMER's Avatar Jul 9, 2020 | 05:46 2 So on politics if one liberal is left I will be amazed.

Andrew finally took the gloves off yesterday and called CBC a spade. They were worried about him wearing a mask not Trudeau’s We and deficit of 343 billion.

Canada is waking up. Reply With Quote

• Jul 9, 2020 | 07:00 3
    Quote Originally Posted by SASKFARMER View Post
    So on politics if one liberal is left I will be amazed.

Andrew finally took the gloves off yesterday and called CBC a spade. They were worried about him wearing a mask not Trudeau’s We and deficit of 343 billion.

Canada is waking up.
    Andrew got a couple great barbs in at Trudeau yesterday.
    I really liked when asked if Trudeau should have been at the trade meeting with Trump and Mexican president, Andrew said with his track record of when he leaves Canada or meets with Trump we are probably better off that Trudeau stayed home. LOL Reply With Quote

• Jul 9, 2020 | 07:07 4
    Quote Originally Posted by rodd View Post
    I really liked when asked if Trudeau should have been at the trade meeting with Trump and Mexican president, Andrew said with his track record of when he leaves Canada or meets with Trump we are probably better off that Trudeau stayed home. LOL
    Maybe JT can’t leave Canada .... lol Reply With Quote
    Jul 9, 2020 | 07:14 5
    Quote Originally Posted by rodd View Post
    I really liked when asked if Trudeau should have been at the trade meeting with Trump and Mexican president, Andrew said with his track record of when he leaves Canada or meets with Trump we are probably better off that Trudeau stayed home. LOL
    This Andrew should have shown up a couple years ago....he might not be on his way out now. Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• Jul 9, 2020 | 07:17 6
    Quote Originally Posted by furrowtickler View Post
    Maybe JT can’t leave Canada .... lol
    The Focker walks on water you know. And has Prime Moronic immunity from laws that apply to everyday peoplekind. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Jul 9, 2020 | 07:22 7
    Quote Originally Posted by bucket View Post
    This Andrew should have shown up a couple years ago....he might not be on his way out now.
    No matter which way you go on Trudeau you cant win. If you are reasonable with him, he goes all dictator, if you criticize him and go on the attack, the MSM just tries to tell everyone CPC is so mean to pretty Justin.

Man do we have some idiots in this country. People with the critical thinking skills of a gnat.

The experts are saying Canada blew its load on this virus, we spent more per capita than any other G7 nation, we have the highest unemployment rate and will for 2 more yrs at least and we put zero money into shoring up the industries that can take us out.

Trudeau snubbed our 2 biggest trading partners yesterday to boot.

If you have any loans I would be locking those down.

Once a Fiscal Stalwart, Canada Suddenly Looks Vulnerable Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Jul 9, 2020 | 07:32 8 The spending spree might have to do with buying Liberal support.

Create the crisis and provide a remedy. Some will think they're heroes! Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Jul 9, 2020 | 07:33 9 SKF, I like reading your report .. but please don’t do a political report. We all know what a dough head we have running this country.
    Seems the actual topic gets off topic pretty fast.
    I’m so tired of Trudope and Covid. Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• Jul 9, 2020 | 07:35 10
    Quote Originally Posted by bigzee View Post
    SKF, I like reading your report .. but please don’t do a political report. We all know what a dough head we have running this country.
    Seems the actual topic gets off topic pretty fast.
    I’m so tired of Trudope and Covid.
    ........sorry. Reply With Quote
    Jul 9, 2020 | 07:39 11 This was the scene at the WH yesterday. Canada totally removed from the picture. None of our flags and Trudeau couldnt even be bothered to send a lower level rep like our deputy PM or Ambassador or anyone.

God helps us with a depression on the way and on the outs with two of our biggest trading partners due to our imbecile PM.

Name:  usm.jpg
Views: 1294
Size:  68.8 KB

I’m so tired of Trudope and Covid.
    BZ, we cant turn our back on that weasel. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Jul 9, 2020 | 07:41 12
    Quote Originally Posted by farmaholic View Post
    ........sorry.
    Three strikes your out!!! Reply With Quote
    Jul 9, 2020 | 07:50 13
    Three strikes your out!!!
    ....then I should have been kicked off the team a long time ago. Reply With Quote
    Jul 9, 2020 | 07:58 14
    ....then I should have been kicked off the team a long time ago.
    You have been hitting foul balls. 😂 Reply With Quote
    SASKFARMER's Avatar Jul 9, 2020 | 08:15 15 Yea I agree I’m so sick of Trudeau it just makes me crazy.

The man is sick and needs to be put down.

Oh inside head voice.

Hrs looks good with min rain

I think the peas look good

Lentils are loving the dry conditions Reply With Quote
    SASKFARMER's Avatar Jul 9, 2020 | 08:20 16 Liberty 501 as it was last year one heck of a plant

Oh for shits and giggles we work on old Deere tractors and rebuild and keep for our collection.

Our 830 diesel electric start is just about done.

Any one have a R or 730 deere

Jul 9, 2020 | 09:18 17 I have a couple R's and a set of 730 gas and diesels. PM if you are interested Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• SASKFARMER's Avatar Jul 9, 2020 | 11:35 18 I just love when I catch a crop rep for the neighbours in our field.

Jul 9, 2020 | 11:43 19 How did that work out? Reply With Quote
    SASKFARMER's Avatar Jul 9, 2020 | 12:15 20 It was fun let’s just leave it at that Reply With Quote
    Jul 9, 2020 | 18:51 21 Is that Endura primer?

What do you use for top coat? Reply With Quote
    Jul 9, 2020 | 19:00 22 Wow, SF3. All I can say. Reply With Quote
    SASKFARMER's Avatar Jul 9, 2020 | 19:06 23 Thanks

On the paint I got a guy in Regina to paint it. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Jul 9, 2020 | 20:47 24

#oldguysrule #under$500/bag Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Jul 9, 2020 | 21:13 25 A NZeelander, Eric Watson set the World Record Wheat yield, 7.49 T/ha. Beat that SF3. 🤑 Reply With Quote
    Jul 9, 2020 | 21:38 26
    Quote Originally Posted by macdon02 View Post
    #under$500/bag
    This is the P501L?

Might have to switch it up next yr. Reply With Quote
    Jul 9, 2020 | 21:39 27
    Quote Originally Posted by jazz View Post
    This is the P501L?

Might have to switch it up next yr.
    Lol no. H75 Reply With Quote
    Jul 9, 2020 | 21:59 28 You don't see canola like that in the Slum of the Ghetto. Especially the variety and herbicide system we're growing.
    Sloooooooooow and darker yellow flowers....not the vigorous plants with the vibrant yellow flowers of the other two systems. But I hope to make it up on price on a respectable yield for what it is. Really hard looking at some.of the pics posted and comparing them to our "overall" crop.....but if I look hard enough I'm sure I could find a plant or area that could compete.....until then I'll accept what's here and keep my expectations low. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Jul 9, 2020 | 22:26 29
    You don't see canola like that in the Slum of the Ghetto. Especially the variety and herbicide system we're growing.
    Sloooooooooow and darker yellow flowers....not the vigorous plants with the vibrant yellow flowers of the other two systems. But I hope to make it up on price on a respectable yield for what it is. Really hard looking at some.of the pics posted and comparing them to our "overall" crop.....but if I look hard enough I'm sure I could find a plant or area that could compete.....until then I'll accept what's here and keep my expectations low.
    The "can" is a cherry pic. It's a low spot. But looking across the top, it's flat as a pancake even. Similar to holding a big fish as close to a camera with out stretched arms..... if you know what im saying. The field is good, but pictures lie. Every angle is different, the cab of the sprayer, boots on the ground, and the internet. Trust the first 2 angles.

No dry P in this seedrow, all sideband, there's a difference when you do a test strip
    Last edited by macdon02; Jul 9, 2020 at 22:29.
    blackpowder's Avatar Jul 9, 2020 | 22:33 30 Been awhile since I've had canola leaves the size of my hands. XXL. One of my liberty's this year, a Brevant of se number I think. Ya, the latest greatest not always best, but here we have to keep up with clubroot resistance. Reply With Quote