Grain Marketing ...

Commodity Marketing

Tools

Grain Marketing ...

Jul 8, 2020 | 14:29 1 Everything put on hold now here for the next month. Will see what happens with current weather events going on .
ADM had $10.50 fall canola on for 15 min or so this morning. Was full fast .
Wheat still a dog locally.
Other crops hanging in there .
Crop projections will vary wildly the next 3 weeks Reply With Quote
Jul 8, 2020 | 14:57 2 I’m not selling any lentils . Too much rain for them. Grains buyers think they look awesome from the road. Cereal crops and canola look good. Time will tell. Reply With Quote
Jul 8, 2020 | 15:55 3 https://www.barchart.com/story/futur...ains-for-wheat

saying - Kansas w wheat showing some frost damage, -10 mbu.
--------- trade guessing USDA will reduce America's total wheat production by 29mbu(friday's report day).
--------- France reducing it's wheat production by 21%

Great moves in wheats today. Reply With Quote
Jul 8, 2020 | 16:27 4
Quote Originally Posted by beaverdam View Post
https://www.barchart.com/story/futur...ains-for-wheat

saying - Kansas w wheat showing some frost damage, -10 mbu.
--------- trade guessing USDA will reduce America's total wheat production by 29mbu(friday's report day).
--------- France reducing it's wheat production by 21%

Great moves in wheats today.
What ?????

The admit now there was frost damage from 2 months ago ?????
Sooner or later the truth comes out Reply With Quote

• ajl
    Jul 8, 2020 | 18:08 5 Sold spring thrash canola for 10.54 yesterday but seeing some of the canola fields out there in the Camrose and Wetaskiwin areas today, I may have sold too early. It will be a small crop of canola this year. Don't want to hold the spring thrash any longer though. Reply With Quote
    Jul 8, 2020 | 18:28 6 Lentil market is not responding to what you guys are seeing. Reply With Quote
    Jul 8, 2020 | 18:39 7 Went to Ritche Bros Rouleau today.
    There are some fantastic looking lentil crops from the road.
    But it wasn't that many years ago they literally rotted in the feild.....not at harvest but during the growing season.
    Nothing is in the bin yet. Reply With Quote
    blackpowder's Avatar Jul 8, 2020 | 20:44 8 What!!? A marketing thread!!!??
    Well, we'll lose Chuckass that's a big 10-4!
    Just my situation, for logistical purposes and opportunities.
    44 bu wheat sold off combine so far.
    No peas. They usually go all in one shot early winter. No canola, yet...
    Hoping to do more wheat. If goes high enough will try sell some for next year.
    Watching canola close though. Like to crack all bins before Xmas. Reply With Quote

• blackpowder's Avatar Jul 8, 2020 | 20:50 9 AJL
    You need to get east of Camrose buddy.
    I've been from Drum to Vermillion in last week. Dandy.
    Lamont north half gone tho yup.
    IMHO, you did good with your spring thrash. Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• Jul 9, 2020 | 14:58 10 Momentum. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Jul 9, 2020 | 21:39 11
    Quote Originally Posted by ajl View Post
    Sold spring thrash canola for 10.54 yesterday but seeing some of the canola fields out there in the Camrose and Wetaskiwin areas today, I may have sold too early. It will be a small crop of canola this year. Don't want to hold the spring thrash any longer though.
    Seems like a good price for spring thrash canola. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Jul 10, 2020 | 08:23 12 Got a few thousand bu of good # 1 durum left on the farm here. Going to leave it in the bin and wait. Not going to be a bin busting type of year down here anyways , so space will not be a problem. Besides , the money us farmers make , the more the government seems to "need" !

I wonder what kind of creative math those bastards in Ottawa are going to come up with in the near future to carve away at the expense of all of us. After all , who else is going to pay for the debt? Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Jul 10, 2020 | 08:35 13
    Quote Originally Posted by GALAXIE500 View Post
    Got a few thousand bu of good # 1 durum left on the farm here. Going to leave it in the bin and wait. Not going to be a bin busting type of year down here anyways , so space will not be a problem. Besides , the money us farmers make , the more the government seems to "need" !

I wonder what kind of creative math those bastards in Ottawa are going to come up with in the near future to carve away at the expense of all of us. After all , who else is going to pay for the debt?
    Oil industry will be shut down....Potash could be fulfilled by the Ukraine mines ....the only business to tax is agriculture and only farmers are the target....the rest makes their margins off us....and get funding from the government ...

Protein industries canada is funding the pulse processing....

So you are taxing farmers to give money to industry that " says" it will be a 40 billion dollar industry....but can't finance themselves....

Primary farming is a multibillion dollar industry every year and we don't receive shit. Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• Jul 10, 2020 | 13:48 14
    Quote Originally Posted by ajl View Post
    Sold spring thrash canola for 10.54 yesterday but seeing some of the canola fields out there in the Camrose and Wetaskiwin areas today, I may have sold too early. It will be a small crop of canola this year. Don't want to hold the spring thrash any longer though.
    Crops are certainly variable depending on area and amount of rain. In my area canola and wheat look very good but the barley and peas are suffering a bit from wet feet. Sprayed fungicide this am on first field of wheat looks really good from the drivers seat. Reply With Quote
    Jul 10, 2020 | 15:01 15
    Quote Originally Posted by wiseguy View Post
    I can't SHOVEL grain due to covid !
    I ran out of masks Reply With Quote

• Jul 12, 2020 | 07:57 16
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpowder View Post
    What!!? A marketing thread!!!??
    Well, we'll lose Chuckass that's a big 10-4!
    Just my situation, for logistical purposes and opportunities.
    44 bu wheat sold off combine so far.
    No peas. They usually go all in one shot early winter. No canola, yet...
    Hoping to do more wheat. If goes high enough will try sell some for next year.
    Watching canola close though. Like to crack all bins before Xmas.
    So what do you do if you only combine 25 bu of wheat? Reply With Quote
    Jul 12, 2020 | 08:26 17 You get out the checkbook
    Thats what were gonna be doing right away with hailed out peas and barley
    You know , you win some and lose some,
    Cant win them all , but we have won far more than we have lost , you know its farming
    Last edited by caseih; Jul 12, 2020 at 08:30.

• Jul 12, 2020 | 18:10 18 So if no one pre-sold, would prices go up? Reply With Quote
  • 3 Likes

• GDR
    Jul 12, 2020 | 18:16 19
    Quote Originally Posted by tweety View Post
    So if no one pre-sold, would prices go up?
    Sure it would but it would also drop like a rock once the first guy sold at harvest time. Higher highs and lower lows. Reply With Quote
    Jul 12, 2020 | 22:06 20
    The problem here is if you dont presell you dont haul from combine Reply With Quote
    blackpowder's Avatar Jul 13, 2020 | 01:21 21
    So what do you do if you only combine 25 bu of wheat?
    Likely, at the price I sold it at they will fill it with someone else's. Reply With Quote
    blackpowder's Avatar Jul 13, 2020 | 01:23 22
    Not sure how you would even achieve that scenario.
    A world wide wheat board and no futures markets I guess. Reply With Quote
    Jul 13, 2020 | 03:11 23 Info FYI

Name:  2E224ABF-AC1F-48CB-9191-DBBFD4090D78.jpg
Views: 540
Size:  19.6 KB Reply With Quote
    Jul 13, 2020 | 21:26 24
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpowder View Post
    Not sure how you would even achieve that scenario.
    A world wide wheat board and no futures markets I guess.
    Sorry, i mean if farmers never pre-sold.

I always fear not having the pre-sold grain, along with everyone else and the price going crazy. Reply With Quote
    Jul 14, 2020 | 05:01 25 Sounds like you guys are averse to FowarD sales.

30% of aph

So 325 on farm for wheat wasn’t there for you guys in April

Ps I didn’t get on it presale week before 10 less Reply With Quote
    Jul 14, 2020 | 06:16 26 We generally do 25% of average production
    Like case IH said , need crop movement and cash flow.
    Markets have already changed a bit since I started this thread . Will be watching for opportunities for the next two weeks . Reply With Quote
    Jul 14, 2020 | 09:55 27 Russian wheat harvest update:

Wheat - 5.8MHA, 19.7mmt, 3.37MT/HA.

Yield per hectare down 14% on 2018, and 12% on 2019, adjusted to the same hectares cut. Reply With Quote
    helmsdale's Avatar Jul 14, 2020 | 10:25 28 Some peas booked. Will look to book more the closer we get to harvest.

Some durum booked. Likely bin the rest and see what shakes.

Mustard in production contract.

Utility wheat unpriced. Waiting to see what happens in the feed market, and whether its saleable for milling or not. Reply With Quote
    Jul 14, 2020 | 10:49 29 Appears worldwide wheat yields were pegged to be large yet every time I check Twitter yields prospects are getting dropped. Big crops get bigger. Can big crops get smaller. Another tidbit I see Brazil has moved 92% of their corn vs 72% last year. I don’t know much but I find that interesting. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Jul 14, 2020 | 13:05 30 Just Sold 3/4 of last years lentil crop at 28c. Price now 26c. Buyers waiting to see what comes through. Not hearing great things about the coming crop.

Holding. Reply With Quote