• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCR

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CCR

Who will stop the rain ...
    sums it up for a lot areas now

First big rain in July for us in a decade

I can stop the rain. Big system moving toward us and boom piss all.

What a year 2020 is 2/10 isn’t rain it’s piss.

Comment

A better question would be " who will start the rain"....

Hard to believe with a system of that magnitude coming at us and we only managed to get three tenths out of it.
      The intense line of showers fizzled a bit and a gap developed over Ghetto Central as it passed over us.
      The rest was probably just moving to fast for a greater accumulation.

....but I will take it please and thank you.

Better than nothing in the Slum of the Ghetto.

Comment

It is interesting that 2 of you are dry and 1 is wet. It started raining here about 2 in the morning and it raineth still. It would be interesting to hear from Helmsdale, Blaithin, AB5, Woodland and Ajl as to whether they are getting rain. I realize I missed a few of the regular Alberta posters but radar shows this rain covering a good sized area in a Alberta. I read an article the other day from Alberta agriculture not sure where that stated 80% of Alberta crops were good to excellent, I thought this was a bit optimistic. Many areas getting to the point of excess moisture imo.

Comment

Good thing the radar doesn't work, it just causes stress watching it come to flood you out! That radar is a giant piece of shit.

Comment

Originally posted by sk_wheatking View Post
            Good thing the radar doesn't work, it just causes stress watching it come to flood you out! That radar is a giant piece of shit.

Radar works here. It lives two miles from my in-laws and thirty miles from me. In case I can’t hear it currently raining on the roof I can watch it.

Worst part is I have only seen one rainbow this year since it’s been sooooo gloomy.

Comment

10.5in since may 1,, 1 1/4 since july 4 .6/10 last night and still raining. No hay made anywhere around here so far,crops look good considering amount or rain and no heat,but that may change yet.

Comment

Already wet and didnt need more. Forecast yesterday said 60% chance of showers and the rest of the week looked better than all year so far. Well started raining at 5pm yesterday and hasn't quit yet at 8am.

Comment

I have never seen such huge angry systems approach from Montana/Idaho and pass over like a light spring shower. 2/10 from all that?

Comment

.52" last night. Crops had been drawing hard on surface moisture lately. The odd spot was starting to show moisture stress. But then in this area I've only ever seen one year, 2016, where crops never hurt for moisture at least once in the growing year.

Comment

Possibly by the end of today if this keeps up we’ll reach our “normal” rainfall total for July. Over 3 inches last week and an inch that’s since Monday morning. Haven’t kept a running total as it would be more depressing.

Obviously I can’t stop the rain.

Comment

Stick a Fork in 2020 it's done. Poured all night again. Makes me sick the total amount since May 1st.

Comment

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8459.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	769915

Sahara Slum of the Ghetto rain gauge modification.

Patent pending.
                            Last edited by farmaholic; Jul 8, 2020, 09:09.

Comment

Anyone in need of rain water, bring your trucks and tanks and pumps. Plenty lying around here!

Free to good home.

Delivery not available.

FCFS.

BYOB.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.