• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCR

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This about sums it up here!

Comment

Rain just tapered off here ...
      right at 4 inches since 10 pm last night
      Water all over

Sorry , just under 100 mm for the scientific crew lol
      Last edited by furrowtickler; Jul 8, 2020, 11:13.

Comment

Between 11/2 and 4 inches South of Biggar, 4" antelope park over by Kindersley, 21/2 at Perdue. Don't think I've seen this much precip in July either.

Comment

CHance of showers yesterday and overnight. Has rained non stop here since late afternoon. That makes 53 consecutive days of rain according to the environment canada( actually 46, they show 0 on July 1, but there a widespread storm that rained all night and morning here, for a total of 25mm, so I suspect an error).

Only 16 days without precipitation since March 1. Only 2 days without from April 29 to today.

Crops were taking it well until the last event at the end of June. Quantity became quality. Water table is now above ground level in many places, not overland accumulation in low spots, but on slopes. Yellow and purple and late are the best way to describe crops in the general area. With pockets of excellent mixed in, not sure if it is soil, or spotty thunderstorms that account for the big differences.

Yet in spite of that, it looks nothing like a typical wet year. Very little if any water running through the drainage ditches. Some areas that normally drown out due to heavy soil are fine, yet the slightest depression or flat area on a hilltop is a write-off. Water is oozing out of the hillsides in places( what I consider a hill, ~1% slope).

I sure am excited about haying again this year. These light droughted out hay crops should be easy to get dry in the couple hours of sunshine we get between rains....

Still trying to dry fall and spring crops with fans alone. 1 step forward, 2 steps back.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
            Still trying to dry fall and spring crops with fans alone. 1 step forward, 2 steps back.
            Gave up on that. Now saving the environment at the rate of 4.64 cents per liter of LP

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
              CHance of showers yesterday and overnight. Has rained non stop here since late afternoon. That makes 53 consecutive days of rain according to the environment canada( actually 46, they show 0 on July 1, but there a widespread storm that rained all night and morning here, for a total of 25mm, so I suspect an error).

Only 16 days without precipitation since March 1. Only 2 days without from April 29 to today.

Crops were taking it well until the last event at the end of June. Quantity became quality. Water table is now above ground level in many places, not overland accumulation in low spots, but on slopes. Yellow and purple and late are the best way to describe crops in the general area. With pockets of excellent mixed in, not sure if it is soil, or spotty thunderstorms that account for the big differences.

Yet in spite of that, it looks nothing like a typical wet year. Very little if any water running through the drainage ditches. Some areas that normally drown out due to heavy soil are fine, yet the slightest depression or flat area on a hilltop is a write-off. Water is oozing out of the hillsides in places( what I consider a hill, ~1% slope).

I sure am excited about haying again this year. These light droughted out hay crops should be easy to get dry in the couple hours of sunshine we get between rains....

Similar situation here except the seasonal creeks are like small rivers. Dog has a 2 gallon pail of water to drink out of, havent put water in it yet this year, rain has kept it full even with her drinking and evaporation.

Not sure you should waste your time drying grain unless you gotta hold it for tax reasons. Feedmills and feedlots crying for grain, not discounting much. Even the elevators have had some good immediate delivery premiums for canola, I suspect they might make a sweet deal on tough stuff also. Not far away from what they consider new crop harvest pressure and empty feedlots and you know what that means for pricing.
              Last edited by GDR; Jul 8, 2020, 11:14.

Comment

We are down at least 50% yield, fields are water from one end to the other, literally! Grade and disease will kill us even further.

The only upside is that the fields can’t hold anymore and the 6/10 we got this morning will have to run off.

An example for those that think I might exaggerate and that ruts still produce.

Comment

We at Ghetto Central are better off than the guys drowning.
                  Let me make it clear I'm only speaking for myself
                  The crop might be smaller but easier to manage here.

Comment

Got that right Farma but....... the year ain’t over. Just our luck the pattern will shift east about the time the harvesters hit the field.

Comment

The 4 inch was not terrible but this just changed ......

Time will tell I guess next 12 hrs where we end up

Just moved on to “Bad Moon Rising “ lol
                      Last edited by furrowtickler; Jul 8, 2020, 13:50.

Comment

Unity area , varies a bit
                        My gauges 2 1/4 -3 1/4
                        In unity 4 , I wonder how much more
                        Is on the way.

Comment

Any body have a total for that Lamont Waskatenau area?
                          They were at 18" two weeks ago already.
                          Yikes!.

Comment

I guess I'm the "Fortunate Son" with 8/10s last night, 9/10s a week and a half ago.

Comment

124 mil in 24 hours

Comment

1.5” here so far. Kinda an anomaly compared to surrounding area. Lloydminster general area anywheres from 2” to 5.5” last night and today.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...