• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mother Update

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mother Update

Been a while.

Well as you know she was in a bad way on Good Friday, hospital for 10 days then, further recooperation.

She basically did nothing other than quilting and sleeping till June 22nd so whatever that is 70 plus days.

Local doctor who she really likes got me in one day and said she really doesn’t need to be here, gotta get here home good for her mind and soul as long as she takes it easy.

She was adamant nope staying here.

Ok your choice ultimately of course it is.

Here house is right next to hospital can gaze out over her house and garden.

Anyway looked into private Health care , meals on wheels, Medication packets, home help cleaning gardening, people can shop etc, do washing. Basically she is checked on by some one 5 days a week I pick up slack one day each weekend be it sat or sun I take her up lunch , go through her mail etc.

She agreed, Been home for two weeks.

She is now glad.

Potters around in garden with frame for stability, and medical buzzer sound her neck for no more than two hours a day. She is sticking to it apparently.

Even said she doesn’t get out of bed till 9 am when it cold unheard o for her, but I said keep it up don’t feel guilty.

Last weekend said she’s glad she went home rather see my days out here.

Can have visitors couldnt in aged care facilities cv19 risk.

So alls goodat moment

👍👍👍👍👍

Comment

I hear you !!! its the day we all dread either as a child or a parent. I often wonder about those that chose not to have kids,will anyone care for them like we do for our parents nearing end of life.
      Good on you for caring!!!

Comment

Good point, we think of single men and women or childless couples in the community often. Compared to my parents, it will be a lonely old age for some.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...