• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Not to Deal with a Pandemic

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are absolutely nuts if you think Trump is responsible for what each individual state does!

Comment

Rallies in the USA - no those would not have spread the virus - they were taking precautions and social distancing.

For the life of me I can not figure out why Trump didn’t decree mandatory stay in place orders. He should have put the military in the streets to enforce it, should have welded shut apartment complex doors. The sheer arrogance of that man...

Why would a government not do all the thinking for the people? I mean he should have bought off the media, had a state broadcaster filtering information to the people. He should have had a morning address to the nation where he said nothing, gave away free money, took questions but didn’t answer them. I mean what a failure...

I don’t know I like to gather my own information for multiple sources, then make an educated guess at how to proceed. Maybe I am to independent and should just take anything the media, politician, doctor or some expert proclaims as the the truth and never question...

Never once did I think to myself “yep old Trump has all the answers” nor do I expect him to have all the answers but I believe more he says than Blackface...

The American people value there freedom of choice and good for them it will serve them well in the long run.

Comment

Daily deaths are plummeting - the only stat that matters. Rest is just media noise.

As the article fjlip posted about patient zero being in Portugal in march 19, this was spread to the world long before anybody even knew about it. Nothing trump would have done could have changed that. But he sure could have done a lot more damage by keeping society locked down.

Comment

Canada has created a leper colony of national proportion and half the population due to their political beliefs is cheering, well 39%~ is. We gave up jobs, freedom of association(unless endorsed by govt), freedom of movement, all in exchange for $2k/ month. Nuked the service, restaurants, travel, hospitality industries, the energy industry, meat processing, and possibly incited a debt and pension default. This is how it's done? Quit dancing you idiots, we blew ourselves up! All time highs in gold at present in CAD(and numerous other currencies), the hedge against government, i wonder why?

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
            Daily deaths are plummeting - the only stat that matters. Rest is just media noise.

As the article fjlip posted about patient zero being in Portugal in march 19, this was spread to the world long before anybody even knew about it. Nothing trump would have done could have changed that. But he sure could have done a lot more damage by keeping society locked down.
            It's like you get paid to post lies to support your buddy Trump. 51,000 cases today, 35 states hit records of cases. Considering you said there won't even be 30,000 deaths, just wait a couple weeks.

Canada, 67 cases. Nothing at all he could have done, just like here.

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
              It's like you get paid to post lies to support your buddy Trump. 51,000 cases today, 35 states hit records of cases. Considering you said there won't even be 30,000 deaths, just wait a couple weeks.

Canada, 67 cases. Nothing at all he could have done, just like here.
              Considering you said there would be 2.2M deaths like the bogus Fauci models, I would say 100k is a win.

Macdons graph is a 4 month snap shot. For a virus that kills in 3 weeks, you would have seen the death spikes a long time ago. New York still has 25% of the cases. Ask Cuomo about it.

You are watching a couple things. Flawed testing and death reporting, MSM hysteria and propaganda, (like we are supposed to believe one country has all the cases), while at the same time the virus has attenuated like they all do (re: SARS, MERS), combined with the early indication of herd immunity being established just like Sweden proved with no lockdown.

Comment

Here's a couple more courtesy of Trinh. WTF Europe you are shitting the bed, but maybe that's because you are ancient. Demographics matter

https://twitter.com/Trinhnomics/status/1278497374491471873?s=20

Her data source is Bloomberg. Don't think he's politically affiliated. Lol
                Last edited by macdon02; Jul 1, 2020, 23:20.

Comment

Originally posted by dmlfarmer View Post

But you are missing my point. How can you justify a health care system that charges one person US$199 and the next person's insurance US$6400 for the same Covid test?
                  There is no justification to different rates.... but if you think that's only a US problem you are wrong. Always 2 prices to everything in Canada too, an insurance price and a consumer paid price. That's why health plan premiums are so crazy high.

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
                    There is no justification to different rates.... but if you think that's only a US problem you are wrong. Always 2 prices to everything in Canada too, an insurance price and a consumer paid price. That's why health plan premiums are so crazy high.
                    Thanks, I was about to say the same thing. Go to your dentist, or body shop, eye doctor, even a hospital, and get a quote with and without insurance.

Comment

What is worse than the death rate? Those infected in the U.S. are getting younger . They may not be dying but they will be left with lung and heart damage. This will be called a pre-existing condition. Under the Trump regime they will be denied health insurance. Doctors in the hardest hit areas are making life and death decisions on who gets intensive care.. Healthcare workers are on the verge of burnout.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
                        What is worse than the death rate? Those infected in the U.S. are getting younger . They may not be dying but they will be left with lung and heart damage. This will be called a pre-existing condition. Under the Trump regime they will be denied health insurance. Doctors in the hardest hit areas are making life and death decisions on who gets intensive care.. Healthcare workers are on the verge of burnout.
                        How many of these young people are vapours that got infected bad ??? How many are chronic drug users or alcoholics ?
                        Let’s see those stats .
                        Age and health of lifestyle is huge in the vast majority of those worse case scenarios .

Comment

The why does not matter much . They will be a future drain on healthcare. This may push down life expectancy.

Comment

Originally posted by dmlfarmer View Post
                            How can you say the Trump team did as well as could be expected when with 4% of the world population they have 25% of the cases and deaths? Why have positive tests gone up for the last 23 days in a row; and topping 52,000 in one day today? Why if they are doing such a good job have 8 states have set new highs for hospitalizations? And why has Arizona set a new high today for deaths at 88 in that state alone? And why is the median age for deaths from Covid in America 48 years of age whereas in italy the median age is 63. It may kill more old people in both countries, but in the US more young people are also dying. Why are bars and restaraunts in a number of states now being ordered to close again if Trump did such a good job?
                            When you are not a totalitarian regime, you have to respect individual liberty so you must err on the side of personal freedom over lock downs. The main thing that has the US with high rates is that politically in the US, overstating is the name of the game especially with the death rate. In china, understating is the choice for obvious reasons. The age of death is likely a bit younger in the US than say Italy because of a number of factors: one a younger population to begin with but also it is more racially and culturally diverse than Italy. That can be both a strength and weakness but there are differences in social activities and cleanliness for one. So in light of this the Trump team did as well as could be reasonably expected. In addition, Trump is aware that the economy has to get going in order to pay bills although this may prove to be too little too late.

Comment

Sorry to say ,but Americans have had the attitude that " we can beat anything or anybody , and nothing can ever happen to me because I am from the USA". Despite the media blowing everything out of proportion , I don't doubt that their numbers are increasing for Coronavirus. The border better be kept shut for the next 6 months or longer or good old Canada is going to be put through the wringer again.

Both sides of the border dropped the ball on halting flights , which should have been halted in January. That would have helped , but both Governments were sleeping at the wheel.

Since March , every time We have seen something of our normal everyday lives get cancelled , postponed , altered or taken away , I always tell people to "thank China" because it started there and as far as I am concerned the free world needs to MAKE THEM PAY !!!

Comment

Originally posted by GALAXIE500 View Post
                                Sorry to say ,but Americans have had the attitude that " we can beat anything or anybody , and nothing can ever happen to me because I am from the USA". Despite the media blowing everything out of proportion , I don't doubt that their numbers are increasing for Coronavirus. The border better be kept shut for the next 6 months or longer or good old Canada is going to be put through the wringer again.

Both sides of the border dropped the ball on halting flights , which should have been halted in January. That would have helped , but both Governments were sleeping at the wheel.

Since March , every time We have seen something of our normal everyday lives get cancelled , postponed , altered or taken away , I always tell people to "thank China" because it started there and as far as I am concerned the free world needs to MAKE THEM PAY !!!

Do we know where it started?

https://globalnews.ca/news/7119856/coronavirus-sewage-barcelona-march-2019/

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...