• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rain totals?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rain totals?

Hearing some high numbers and then some next to nothing. Eastern side supposedly got heavy amounts 5 inches?
    Humboldt area was already wet wasn’t it?

In my area of south east Sask we got an inch and six tenths. We needed it but was wasn't serious as we caught rains in seeding time. Hopefully the guys west of me got some as things get dryer as you head west.

Comment

We are south south-east of Saskatoon about an hour. 8.5 tenths of the last 24hr. really nice light rain.

Comment

Since monday we have had 17.2mm or just under 7/10's. This brings us to 111mm or 4.5 inches since the snow left.

Comment

Way too Fu&$King much. Close to 10” since May Long. It’s a mess. Lentils are screwed. Oh yah and it’s still raining.

Comment

Originally posted by FarmerSmuck View Post
            Way too Fu&$King much. Close to 10” since May Long. It’s a mess. Lentils are screwed. Oh yah and it’s still raining.
            I assume this is west central sk? I was always wondering what the state of the lentil crop is up there after seeing wave after wave of rain spinning up there for weeks.

Comment

Just under an inch here in the last 24 hr. I'm happy for it. I think we still have good subsoil moisture but it was getting dry on top.
              I sure feel for the guys in the Brandon, Rivers and Minnedosa area. Some areas there got anywhere from 6 to 10 inches on Sunday and looks like they got another couple inches last night. Brutal.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay-mo View Post
                Just under an inch here in the last 24 hr. I'm happy for it. I think we still have good subsoil moisture but it was getting dry on top.
                I sure feel for the guys in the Brandon, Rivers and Minnedosa area. Some areas there got anywhere from 6 to 10 inches on Sunday and looks like they got another couple inches last night. Brutal.
                We about the same here
                Agree , that area in Manitoba is in real trouble

Comment

Last 2 days 1 1/10 unity.
                  Perfect so far.
                  Do not need 5 inches

Comment

Originally posted by Jay-mo View Post
                    We've been through that in SE Sask, 10 inches in 1 week on already saturated ground, or 6", or 8" at one storm. It's real hell, if you don't have natural drainage(I think for the most part, those areas should have decent drainage). Still trying to dry out here from all the rain in the last 10 years, besides all the disease problems to deal with, excess rain/wet causes plenty of damage to the land, rutting and salinity.

3.5" since April 1st,,, only 5.5 tenths yesterday, but water laying everywhere here.

oh ya,,, "Mud is a Dud", SF3
                    Last edited by beaverdam; Jul 1, 2020, 09:56.

Comment

2.5 in since yesterday over9 in since snow melt damm wet and cool, better be a good long fall or trere is a world of hurt coming to the BTOs

Comment

Too much. But hey, the high areas will make up for it, so no problems.

Comment

1.4" since 27th, about 4.2" since snow. Subsoil was DRY last fall. Just right ATM, need heat, breeze to prevent leaf diseases. Canola is best start in years, cool wet = happy plants.

Comment

Majority of land 7/10ths....4 quarters got an extra down pour that was several inches.

Comment

3.6 inches since Sat nite. Needed it badly.
                              Hardly any water sitting.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.