• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rain totals?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well. Looks like we’re on the way to produce more! For less....

Comment

Two things to be thankful for this July 1st.
      First is getting enough rain to alleviate drought situation.
      Second is direct seeding and standing stubble to hold snow.
      Used to be when we depended on tillage for weed control, erosion and moisture for germination were bigger concerns.
      Gully washer and slough filler rains still right up there with drought as a concern.

Comment

1.5 in last 3 days, South of Biggar. This puts us over 6 " since snow went. Lentil guys are in for a fight, but peas and canola starting to bloom will need attention also. Cows are smiling.

Comment

0.97 since June 28. A big difference maker here although we could have used more, maybe later!?!?
          Bonus is it never dried out between the rains it took to make up that total.

Very greatful! Wheat looked like it was suffering already. But everything might surprise us in the end if it doesnt forget to rain again before its too late for an average crop. Some potential has already been lost.

Comment

Another inch over night. Peas looked rough before this rain. Barley and oats had recovered from the last rain but will struggle again with this.

Comment

It was like....

Anticipation
              Excitement
              Climax
              Repose

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                0.97 since June 28. A big difference maker here although we could have used more, maybe later!?!?
                Bonus is it never dried out between the rains it took to make up that total.

Very greatful! Wheat looked like it was suffering already. But everything might surprise us in the end if it doesnt forget to rain again before its too late for an average crop. Some potential has already been lost.
                Will you have enough money left over to buy a Nitrous Oxide System for the Lada.

I think Chuck is envious of you for owning a car from the old country.

Comment

Originally posted by rumrocks View Post
                  Will you have enough money left over to buy a Nitrous Oxide System for the Lada.

I think Chuck is envious of you for owning a car from the old country.
                  No laughing gas for the Lada, it's my main vehicle not a performance car....going to keep it stock.

The back forty is full of parts cars.

Chuck can private message me if he wants one, afew of them are nearly drivable.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                    It was like....

Anticipation
                    Excitement
                    Climax
                    Repose
                    Sounds like your evening was more fun then mine. I was in the basement with my ears plugs in!
                    Suns out today so hopefully tonight!

Comment

Another two tenths in a quick storm this evening. I’m surrounded by Canola this year and it’s starting to bolt. Will be loving the sun (if it appears) in the next few days. The amount of water around I can only imagine what storm season is going to bring with it. Should get some good photos at least.

We’re over 8” since May 1. Have to be damn close to 9.

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
                        Sounds like your evening was more fun then mine. I was in the basement with my ears plugs in!
                        Suns out today so hopefully tonight!
                        I'm that way with wind but if I sat in the basement with earplugs in everyday it was windy I'd be whiter than an albino and nothing would get done.

Comment

2 gauges 7.5 mm in one 10 mm in the other ticking along ok.

Back to winter tommorow 14 to 15 c showers and cold wind most of day will be 12 or 13 gonna die

Comment

A little storm hit late last night early today and we got 2/10. Slow and steady wins the race. I don't know but at least its something.

Comment

Temps for the next two wks look to be in that 25 degree range. That will make for good growing conditions. We don’t need those 30 days, well maybe a couple. Crops are behind so might need a little push.

Comment

Another 1 7/10” here. We stopped adding (I think we are around 17” since May long). Crops are finished. Never got a chance to root

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.