• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GPO

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GPO

Do any of you put out the same grain on grain pricing orders to multiple grain companies. Then what happens if it get picked up at the same time. When it gets picked up by a company you still have to sign for it. It should be first guy gets it and the others should be able to cancel. Don't like GPOs as it ties you to one company.

One of the 100 reasons I hate growing wheat. Doesn’t seem as bad in canola but wheat makes me crazy when they tell me “price is 6.25 but they’ll probably hit a $6.40 target” it doesn’t allow you to shop around.

To answer your question if I am having an unusually stupid day and decide to use a GPO I only put it in with one grain company as the collusion, manipulation, front running, and outright thievery will ensure that they would all get accepted at exactly the same moment.
    Last edited by Grahamp; Jun 30, 2020, 18:05.

Comment

In my opinion you should be able to sign as many as you want on the same grain. If ten triggered at the same moment you should get to decide were you want to sell it and haul it. Or like poker the "Companies" have to up their bid if they want it or fold and get away from the table.

But that would resemble COMPETITION, Can't have that now can we.

Think of GPO's as a fruit tree, all the "low hanging"(cheap) fruit that meets their specs gets picked first. The stuff higher(more expensive) up that is harder to get gets left till later, if it ever gets picked. The LIMBO tree of GPO's..... your stuff is supposed to just hang there in LIMBO waiting.

I hate those stupid one sided "contracts". Was anyone at the table for farmers in the transition from single desk to open market?

Comment

NO, everyone else MUST be profitable!. Primary producers are peasants/modern day slaves, to legally abuse.

Comment

I usually put them in for a short time period like a few days or a week at a time. I figure the buyers must have a report on the expiring targets and take it or leave it. Would not put more than one in at a time. Usually pretty easy to tell who's interested and who's not on a specific crop.
          Last edited by GDR; Jun 30, 2020, 18:51.

Comment

When a train needs to be filled GPOs are great mechanism for graincos to grab a stack off their desk....

Good for farmers... not so sure...I thought the market was for determining price. ...

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...
            X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
            You agree to our and by clicking I agree.