• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Monday, Im positive we will get rain finally today!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday, Im positive we will get rain finally today!

Well, it smelled like rain last night and felt damp for the first time in a while. So is today the day we will finally get the much-needed rain to grow a crop in 2020 or is this the start of the fishing season.

I have three hours of spraying and we are all caught up and done the first app.

All crops have a great catch for the most part and only damage so far is you can find the light spots in fields or spot gravel deposits from the drone overhead.

The storm is brewing in Montana and heading NE.

Fingers crossed and eyes also.

Total rain since Friday was 1/32 of an inch or a piss in the wind.

Here is praying, hoping and everything crossed.

Sorry to offend the religious haters or freaks or whoever.

Positive we are going to get rain today as well except that here it will make it necessary to pull trucks out the driveway in order to haul spring thrash wheat. Close to an inch here this weekend making a total of around 11 inches since May 1. Praying it will not rain here.

Comment

I have been there on flooding similar for 15 years it’s not fun. Dry you just give up

Comment

......how can you be so sure?

So far we at Ghetto Central got a short temporary stay of execution, which will give us time to lobby the Governor, Mother Nature, for clemency and mercy....

Comment

Next year country living on last years moisture.

Crops still look pretty good for all the abuse they have taken. Couple guys caught a few extra showers and have canola going into bolt. Most everyone else waiting for it to cover the ground.

Soon as this bit of moisture passes and the sun comes out again a lot of wheat is going to try to head out.

Comment

Brandon got 155 mm yesterday in numerous heavy thunderstorms. You don't want that.

Comment

Radar shows some wet stuff S of Regina/Fort Qu'Appelle ATM… keep fingers crossed

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                Brandon got 155 mm yesterday in numerous heavy thunderstorms. You don't want that.
                Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                  Radar shows some wet stuff S of Regina/Fort Qu'Appelle ATM… keep fingers crossed
                  Petering out before it gets here fj.

It got here but lost its intensity, unlike me.

Comment

NW of Maple Creek where we live we had 3/10 of an inch over the weekend. not as much as I would like but it makes stuff hang on for a little while anyways.

Comment

Not that we need any, but such a FINE misty foggy "rain" will NOT help where needed! 110% humidity, amounting to SFA.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                        Chuck made a post related to farming( almost), and 2 people even liked it. Well done.

Bonus points for not blaming it on global warming, or Stephen Harper, or Albertan separatists.

Extra bonus points for not ending the sentence with LOL, or LMAO, or any comments about flat earth.

How does it feel to actually join in the discussion, as opposed to lecturing from on high?

Comment

Finished spraying today zero rain now mist or piss all.

Comment

I think the WN is just fing with us now. This is the forecast as of right now. All we have had is 3 or 4 tenths.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fc.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	769883

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                              I think the WN is just fing with us now. This is the forecast as of right now. All we have had is 3 or 4 tenths.
                              I certainly hope they are just messing with us. If their 14 day comes true, we have 105 mm ( at the high end) coming in the net 14 days. The pattern of precipitation every day is still unbroken. Haven't missed a day in June, only missed 2 days in May, only missed 3 days total since we started trying to Combine in later April. And looks like we will get well into mid July without missing a day. You think spraying in wind is difficult, try this... Or try combining, or seeding, or drying grain with aeration etc.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.