• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hope this is ok here and you grasp it

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope this is ok here and you grasp it

Some figures. And ps this ain’t a show and tell, just huge differences

Click image for larger version

Name:	335B0877-B90C-49F5-B4EB-ED89A68DCE8F.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	779414

Name:	95E9CFBD-6FD4-4024-9652-DD4FCA78CF59.jpg
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	779415

Name:	A05D296B-344A-499B-A328-075822488A1A.jpg
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	779416

Name:	E666C745-710B-415F-B261-12BC2B7967A7.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	15.5 KB
ID:	779417
    Last edited by malleefarmer; Jun 28, 2020, 01:29.

Shit graphics

Comment

What it’s telling you my total crop expenses are from summer spray jan feb, knockdown spray and pre seed spray fert and operations and seed costs are $149 per ha thus far.

Another in crop weed spray most l8kely needed $6 to 8 per ha , maybe a dose of urea 40 kg per ha.

Then harvest costs job done.

If it yields 2.5 to 3 tonne per ha all good. More is wow. Less is well let’s cover costs.

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
        Some figures. And ps this ain’t a show and tell, just huge differences

[ATTACH]6285[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]6286[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]6287[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]6289[/ATTACH]
        see if I reply to this if the size increases

We might spend too much money trying to grow too big a crop in Western Canada.
        Our risk is stoopid.
        Insurance isn't all its cracked up to be, barely adequate. Meant to LIMIT "LOSS".
        Last edited by farmaholic; Jun 28, 2020, 07:35.

Comment

So you are expecting revenue of roughly AUD $656 per ha and deducting cost of roughly $180 per ha for a gross margin of $476 per ha. The only additional cost would be your own cost to seed and harvest? SA looks like the promised land. Around here costs are close to double per ha. but that would include a bit more fertilizer and crop insurance. However, my revenue per ha. is not much higher than that due to 5 years of God awful weather we have enjoyed at this location. This year is the same as we have a lot of flood damage to the young crop already. There will be crop insurance claims for my wheat and peas this year I know already. Weather or not they pay may be a question now as the system is going broke. East of here, where there was less rain, crops are significantly better. Wheat is not a significant money maker around here as canola has traditionally been the profit generator but that is no longer the case thanks to chinese trade war. Anyways this goes to show that we are getting hosed on inputs here in western canuckistan.

Comment

Rain can stop any moment.

Frost at heading flowering a risk.

Stones subsoil risk.

She ain’t all bells and whistles, I could ramp up inputs but don’t I’m sort of a medium in medium out type of guy.

But yeah you got basically.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...