• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pandering sorry chuck

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pandering sorry chuck

Never gonna end.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-06-27/the-simpsons-to-stop-using-white-voices-for-characters-of-colour/12399760 https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-06-27/the-simpsons-to-stop-using-white-voices-for-characters-of-colour/12399760

In what context are you using the word "sorry"?

An adjective, describing the noun(Chuck)

Or an interjection, as in an apology?

Sorry Chuck, .....as an interjection!

😉

Comment

Its only ever a fúcken one-way street, isn't it!

Next there will have to be a public apology to the blackman, Eddie Murphy, for voicing "Donkey" from Shrek.

What a belittling role for Eddie Murphy, voicing a dumb-ass annoying donkey but with other redeeming characteristics that make him likeable. So I guess it balances.

Unless you want to debate who the real lead role is....

Comment

ROFLMAO.
        So, they get an India Indian American to voice Apu with what accent?? Racist!
        Sitcoms funny for all because they amplify characteristics.
        No more accents allowed I guess.
        Orwellian.
        Only grey allowed now. Only electronic voices too. Eunich TV.
        Well I'm not yet afraid to laugh.
        Hell, today I called my son ( with a laugh) a fat bastard. Unafraid. Unapologetic to own balls.
        Maybe the meek shall inherit the earth but not the nuetered.
        Bahahahaha.

Comment

Occurred to me after another drink and a cigar listening to 1940s radio. How far away are we from burning books?? The sane should be laughing. And keeping their powder dry. (If anyone still knows what that means.) Whatever ain't banned. Bahahahaha.

Comment

But really, only the SJWs like Chuck are allowed to bait. The rest are knuckledraggers. GFYS!

Comment

So, no more impressionist comedians?

I knew a Chinese guy who looked more native than most natives, because everyone assumed he was native, he decided to play the part too. Is that acceptable, when one minority ( who is actually a majority) portrays another minority?

This literally could paralyze commerce, entertainment, medicine, policing, courts etc., as everyone will be afraid to say or do anything for fear of being labelled a racist by Chuck and friends, with all the consequences that entails.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                But really, only the SJWs like Chuck are allowed to bait. The rest are knuckledraggers. GFYS!
                You better go have a few more drinks, you're on a roll.

Comment

That's why I would never get elected.
                  People can't handle the truth.

Comment

And how are all these changes going to affect you negatively?
                    Last edited by chuckChuck; Jun 28, 2020, 10:15.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                      And how are all these changes are going to affect you negatively?
                      I am not a victim of racism, so how this affects me is irrelevant. The relevant question is, how will this positively affect people suffering from racism. If Simpsons removes the visible minorities from their show, does that in any way help other visible minorities?

I guess the difference is, some of us think results actually matter.

Comment

I think the solution is nobody should be allowed to have children with someone from their own race.

In afew hundred years there will only be one race.....the human race.

Too schtoopit....

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                          I think the solution is nobody should be allowed to have children with someone from their own race.

In afew hundred years there will only be one race.....the human race.

Too schtoopit....
                          I expect you say this in jest, but I actually agree. Not sure I support the "allowed" part, but slowly, we will eliminate races. Just look at the average white north american. A few generations ago, our ancestors were segregated into enclaves of their fellow former countrymen, and the racial slurs of the day (and actual discrimination) were against Irish, or Polish, or Ukrainians etc. Fast forward to today, and try to find a young person who still identifies as a single European ethnicity, let alone experiences systemic racism.

We will get there eventually. Lots of inter racial, and inter cultural marriages (My own included) around here, mostly thanks to the dispropportionate number to males to females from the oil boom days, forcing us to look further afield.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                            I am not a victim of racism, so how this affects me is irrelevant. The relevant question is, how will this positively affect people suffering from racism. If Simpsons removes the visible minorities from their show, does that in any way help other visible minorities?

I guess the difference is, some of us think results actually matter.
                            That easy. By giving acting and voice jobs to people who are being represented.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                              That easy. By giving acting and voice jobs to people who are being represented.
                              Refer to post #3 in this thread.
                              Do you think they couldn't find a Caucasian to voice "Donkey"?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.