• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it “do or “die” week?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it “do or “die” week?

“Supposedly”, there is some good rain in the forecast ... if you want to believe it!
    Is this the one that could save the crop to give us an average crop? If it doesn’t materialize what state are the crops going to be in a week or two? From travels yesterday canola has taken it the worst, I’m not sure rain will make a 20bu crop. Leaves were cupped turning blue and flowering, very thin and small leaves.
    Heres hoping for an inch. 🤞🤞
    Have a good wk end everyone.

Just came in from the never ending rain disgusted and thinking of posting here about it. Yesterday was supposed to be sunny and 27 according to the forecast but 16 and rain instead. The forecast looked like decent spray days until Monday but now it just looks like just more rain all weekend and most of next week.
    Canola leaves are cupping and turning purple and yellow and its not from lack of rain.

Comment

Typical, only rains where WET, never rains where DRY! We are neither, no complaints ATM.

Comment

Very dry south of Moose Jaw, can canola flower at two inches tall?

Comment

Yep it can. And still run 40 bushels to the acre if you are the right guy 😜

Comment

Originally posted by TSIPP View Post
            Very dry south of Moose Jaw, can canola flower at two inches tall?
            Have had just that happen from too much rain, so yep, it can happen. It sucks.

Comment

I am checking the WN hourly just waiting for the eventually revision of 25 mm down to 2mm. Hasnt happened yet.

US based forecasts where they actually have a real functioning weather service linked to their ag industry are matching this time.

Comment

For a first world country weather forecasting sure is lacking. I wonder how much more accurate private forecasters are compared to govt. would be a great cost/accuracy study.

Comment

Around Kindersley every rain now will be expanding root rot in lentil fields.

Comment

So a scary dark cloud with 4 drops is 5mm one day, and 10-15mm the next, but a lighter cloud with just 2 drops is 20-25mm and 7 days out a partly sunny day with a 30% POP somehow results in another 20-25mm.

Like are 4 yr olds working at the WN?

Sounds like the are using the climate change and covid models. A blindfolded drunk with darts would be more accurate than our experts.

Click image for larger version

Name:	wn.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	769872

Now look at the env Canada forecast. Looks like they are forecasting just enough moisture to barely wet the leaves.

Click image for larger version

Name:	env.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	769873
                    Last edited by jazz; Jun 27, 2020, 13:36.

Comment

If we dont get a decent rain this week shes done.

Comment

My crystal ball says 70mm for us. Hope the ground can handle that much??

Comment

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
                          My crystal ball says 70mm for us. Hope the ground can handle that much??

Pattern better change soon. I wanna be kept awake all night moving eavestroughs. Like your crystal ball.👍🍀🙏🏼

Comment

Trying to get the sprayer empty in between rain showers

Comment

It appears the big rain is beginning to fizzle out. Big suprise there. F#ck.😡😡

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.