• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it “do or “die” week?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rumrocks View Post
    Have you ever had crop damage the following year from carryover Pursuit residue.
    The rate I use is a bit higher than the rate of the same active ingredient as is in Odyssey. Last year was the first time I used Pursuit(with Poast) post emerg on peas(applied Edge the fall before). But last year we had a over a foot of rain most of which came after the third week of June so there was plenty of time and moisture to break it down. If we continue to be dry til freeze up this year I will be very concerned.

I have been using Odyssey on peas for ever and recently on Clearfield canola and can't honestly say I noticed damage, maybe I don't know what to look for. Our wheat yields have decent for the area we farm in.

Comment

Well I’m in the Southeast and luckily today I had 67 drops on my doorstep. Not nearly enough to wet the step but a good start. 67. Quite remarkable. Pars

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
        Well hopefully some of you are getting rain and the radar not lying .....

Comment

Comment

Holy crap!!! Woke up this morning to a strange sound..... it was raining. Finally we got a good one😁😁😁

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200628-060926.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	769876

I played with historical radar imagery, do you see that gap that runs south west of Fort Qu'Appelle between the green patches, we're in there.

What could I possibly say that wouldn't sound ungreatful?

So I will say "it's better than nothing" up til now and there is a "chance" for more over the next two days.

Comment

Accurate?

Name:	BE062820.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	769877

Comment

101, Looks fairly accurate for us.

I adjusted, played and paused the historical radar imagery until it looked like it was at it's peak rain over us then stopped it and made a screenshot of it.
                  Good thing I never slept in otherwise I would have lost the short time frame images!
                  Should I go back to bed now?

Comment

Name:	Screenshot (21).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	769878

Courtesy of World Weather Inc.

Looks similar to what 101 posted.

Comment

Good chances for more but maybe not enough? Will have to wobble to the west to give Regina an inch by Wednesday morning

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
                        Good chances for more but maybe not enough? Will have to wobble to the west to give Regina an inch by Wednesday morning
                        Desperate beggars can't be choosers, I'll take what I can get.

Comment

Had good reserve moisture from last fall rains, most crops now look good to excellent.
                          Winter wheat maybe not so good, early snow melt and extended cold after not so good for it.
                          Spring wheat and barley nearly free of leaf disease so far, wondering about fungicide.
                          June rainfall now two and three quarter inches, heaviest showers a half inch.
                          Could be turnaround time and have to worry about too much moisture rather than too little.

Comment

"Fortunate rain recipients", don't be afraid to report. It is what it is....

How can someone be pissy if someone else gets a better shot of rain?
                            Its all luck.
                            I won't envy you for a good rain if you don't suffer from schadenfreude over some people's lack of rain.

Edit in for Hopalong:

0.67 for the month.
                            0.12, 0.17 and 0.19 three biggest rains in June.
                            1.80 for the season starting April 1.

Wind probably hurt us significantly.
                            Last edited by farmaholic; Jun 28, 2020, 08:48.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
                              According to that I should be in a drought instead of making ruts spraying unseeded ground, maybe true but don't account for losing a month of spring and heat.

Comment

Global News reports violent Sunday evening storms south of Winnipeg, an area including Virden and Brandon. Tornadoes and up to 175 mm. of rain can be expected. Now 175 mm. translates into about 7 inches, That’s a lot of rain. Ahoy, yee water lovers! Send it back our way' we could use a couple of those inches (but no thanks to the tornadoes). Isn’t anybody on Agriville from that region?

I just went to Environment Canada and there is a heat warning for Brandon with 32 degrees expected Monday.
                                Last edited by sumdumguy; Jun 29, 2020, 03:53.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.