• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More Protein announcements....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More Protein announcements....

Farmer's returns on pulses should maintain profitable levels with the two latest announcements...

They should be able to get the supply from 2 farmers for the 113 million announced...but with 10000 tonnes annually for Merit and whatever for AGT ...my math says on 4 million acres it would only take 0.1 BPA to fill the demand....

Just imagine with the new genetics how many billions it would take for government to hand out enough money for 5 bpa increase in production....

Does no one question the math on the tonnage demand supposedly created on this nonsense...

And why does every announcement have .....benefits to farmers .....in it....

Farmers benefit when the price per bushel keeps their farms at profitable levels....just like the companies getting these taxpayers dollars...

They are not asked to foot the bill...government money kicks in to maintain CEO salaries or create a few minimum wage jobs...
    Last edited by bucket; Jun 25, 2020, 14:28.

Sorry Bill Gates, Gore and DiCaprio, the consumer isn't biting

Comment

So now I see an advertisement from Maple Leaf Foods of their 50/50 meats. Half plant based half real meat. Who the F***k figured that one out. Not only will vegetarians not buy it but neither will the meat eaters. I hope someone lost their job over that idea.

Comment

Did the 113 million buy enough demand to empty the bins?

Or did it just keep some CEOs with good paying jobs?

I didn't see any benefits to the farmer in these announcements ....did any of you?

The volume of demand within these two recent announcements only would take the production from friends or family of the businesses that received the money...not from the average farmer..

Over the production acres of pulses in western canada it amounts to a minuscule amount of production per acre...something like 0.03 BPA ...113 million for 0.03BPA...

Too bad the generation that wants to eat healthy plant based diets don't understand math or economics .

I rechecked the math....that's why it's 0.03 instead of 0.1 as stated above..

If you guys think the math through since we are always included in the press release under...." it's good for farmers. " ...is the 0.03 bpa going to help your farm....
        Last edited by bucket; Jun 30, 2020, 10:26.

Comment

Originally posted by Misterjade9 View Post
          So now I see an advertisement from Maple Leaf Foods of their 50/50 meats. Half plant based half real meat. Who the F***k figured that one out. Not only will vegetarians not buy it but neither will the meat eaters. I hope someone lost their job over that idea.
          Its called “filler”
          They will put this shit in the hamburger and charge more for it

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
            Its called “filler”
            They will put this shit in the hamburger and charge more for it
            And some people will feel good about paying more and through their taxes paying for it again...

Comment

The biggest problem with subsidies is that you help one company but penalizes another company . We went so far down this rabbit hole nobody starts anything no more unless it get subsidized bad bad bad

Comment

Yup """"a 40 billion dollar """"
                industry in one of the announcements but it can't fund itself....

Let the earth muffins or plant protein people pay for it....

Pulse prices to farmers are not keeping pace to what industry is making....and some of the industry is living on the government tit....
                Last edited by bucket; Jun 30, 2020, 09:46.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...