• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want to borrow more MONEY? BG has your Drll

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Want to borrow more MONEY? BG has your Drll

And Need your money... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YQFtjHaTcg https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YQFtjHaTcg

As Lawrence Welk use to say....

Wuunderfull

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
        God bless Seedhawk and Seedmaster !

with their mrb and paralink they can turn out the lights in St Brieux !!
        I know you want to be the first "wise"guy to have the first one off the production line.... don't do it, wait at least three years so you don't have to be the commercial guinea pig and help get all the annoying bugs worked out.
        Last edited by farmaholic; Jun 23, 2020, 23:27.

Comment

Now thats innovation....Dual shank with Mrb’s....hahaha

Can we say perfected or still pursuing perfection?...

Comment

Well I guess placing canola at 1/4 inch is the next trend, because you cant get more than a couple tenths of rain for a 6 weeks. Gotta start it with the morning dew.

Might as well just use the harrows.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
              Well I guess placing canola at 1/4 inch is the next trend, because you cant get more than a couple tenths of rain for a 6 weeks. Gotta start it with the morning dew.

Might as well just use the harrows.
              Interesting comment ...my father in law use to deed his canola with a 41 foot cultivator ....canola was broadcast with a mounted beeline applicator and he had harrows on the back....At 1.99 per pound seed ...he made money with a 25 bpa canola crop.

Comment

As I have discovered in the past two yrs, these varieties and with the coating cannot start without sitting in wet soil from a actual rain. Winter soil moisture wont do it, or wont do it evenly, unless you are going to seed Apr 25. By the time it is warm enough to seed, you have lost half of that winter moisture.

And even the guys with the best drills are finding that out. Lugging around another couple thousand pounds of iron isnt going to change that.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                  As I have discovered in the past two yrs, these varieties and with the coating cannot start without sitting in wet soil from a actual rain. Winter soil moisture wont do it, or wont do it evenly, unless you are going to seed Apr 25. By the time it is warm enough to seed, you have lost half of that winter moisture.

And even the guys with the best drills are finding that out. Lugging around another couple thousand pounds of iron isnt going to change that.
                  Another good comment....every year I go in to the retailer on the fall and ask if I can buy a canola variety without the treatment on it...I say judging by bare mustard seed the canola would do better coming out of the ground and most are spraying for flea beetles anyway..

No but why? Bare seed would be a good trial.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                    Another good comment....every year I go in to the retailer on the fall and ask if I can buy a canola variety without the treatment on it...I say judging by bare mustard seed the canola would do better coming out of the ground and most are spraying for flea beetles anyway..

No but why? Bare seed would be a good trial.
                    Bare seed is in ur bin. Need I say more?

Comment

Everything will yield fk all without rain and soon.

Comment

We were a little short of both drill power and money this Spring, and as much as I hated to we bought a cheap borgault cultivator and a 6450 tank. I had drank the PHD koolaid long ago and was sure we wouldn’t have as nice of crops on the fields we seeded with the cultivator. Well here we are in late June our crops are in general nice (we are Yorkton area) and I can’t tell the difference between which drill seeded which field. Years of flooding, ruts, difficult trash management, flea beetle pressure because seed treatments don’t work, and it turns out that having a half inch of variance in your seeding depth isn’t the factor that is yield limiting. Especially when eliminating that little variance is a half million (or more).

Comment

Originally posted by Herc View Post
                          Bare seed is in ur bin. Need I say more?
                          yes but I still want the best genetics...lol.....the seed treatment seems to be worthless when everyone sprays after the fact....and slows the germination and pop up ...

Comment

We have been trying to seed canola into wheat stubble for the extra winter moisture and some protection against winds and beatles.

Now my dad tells me the tiny rains cant get through the straw and we should start seeding on last yrs lentil fields which were dry as a bone in the top inch.

F who knows anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Grahamp View Post
                              We were a little short of both drill power and money this Spring, and as much as I hated to we bought a cheap borgault cultivator and a 6450 tank. I had drank the PHD koolaid long ago and was sure we wouldn’t have as nice of crops on the fields we seeded with the cultivator. Well here we are in late June our crops are in general nice (we are Yorkton area) and I can’t tell the difference between which drill seeded which field. Years of flooding, ruts, difficult trash management, flea beetle pressure because seed treatments don’t work, and it turns out that having a half inch of variance in your seeding depth isn’t the factor that is yield limiting. Especially when eliminating that little variance is a half million (or more).
                              The math on 500k plus seeding rig plus the tractor.....more must be doing the math...

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...