• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Auto steer thinking...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto steer thinking...

So when I shut the radio off or just resign to my own thoughts in the prison cell called a tractor or sprayer cab....This is what i ponder.....

In the last couple of weeks there has been a couple of grand announcements about the large grain trains on the rail lines...one from somewhere in Alberta to Vancouver with the new cars and one from Gull Lake to Thunder Bay...wonderfull accomplishments....

I ask this question.....so the railways can get a grainco to build the siding to handle 200 plus cars load in 24 hours but after decades and numerous rail yards they can't figure out how to hook two 100 car trains together and do the same thing???

The fact that 224 cars left Gull Lake is an accomplishment????? when they could have loaded 100 cars one day and 100 cars the next and hooked them together in the yards in Swift Current????

Sometimes 100 car spots at elevators sit a week loaded....

I too,,,,am not sure where I am going with this ....but my point is I think the railways could have been doing 200 cars trains long ago ...if they wanted to.

That 224 car train probably gets priority in order for it to work out to Thunder Bay as well..

Or double the tracks

Comment

Bucket, it's not easy to have to do all the thinking is it.

Comment

What is really problematic with it all is the reporters can't or won't question the report ....they just gobble it up and report it...

ZERO critical thinking skills...

Same goes for the Merit deal....No one is able to do simple math and ask if its worth it....

They get caught up in job creation and the whole plant based diet thing...no discussion on the processing side of things.

Comment

What I like about bucket is he doesn't swallow the bait hook, line and sinker then wash it down with Industry Kool-Aid.

Comment

Sometimes it's good to use the organ between the ears. ..

In my case it's just hamster wheel...

Always spinning....

But when can't people that report use their brains and ask a question or two.....even just to play devils advocate?

At least then more people would start to ask for some accountability. ...

Comment

No need to ask hard questions Ag Ministers or representatives don't have the knowledge to answer.
              Everything is so scripted and heaven forbid a challenging question contrary to the narrative is asked.

Comment

Most people behind the mic also don't have a clue, probably dont even know the pros and cons of any news release announcement. That's where farm groups or opposition parties are to hold government to account..

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...