• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winnipeg plant gets $100M in federal financing to pull protein from peas, canola

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winnipeg plant gets $100M in federal financing to pull protein from peas, canola

https://www.realagriculture.com/2020/06/trudeau-announces-90-million-in-financing-for-manitoba-pea-and-canola-protein-plant/ Trudeau announces $90 million in financing for Manitoba pea and canola protein plant

You can do the research on that company yourself and find world conglomerate Nestle as an co owner and other companies with large chinese contingents.

This wasnt about canola or ag at all it appears. Always something stinks with Trudeau.

Comment

Interesting how this fits in with the other subject that pisses me off ...

See how these gigantic projects all of a sudden need government money when all the while people talk how these projects are help the economy....

Why can they never use the same financing that farmers are forced to live within...

The protein cluster is on the tit....where is the return to either the taxpayer or to the farmer that starts the process.

Comment

National Post June 22/2020

"LOANS of $25 million and $55 million are coming from Farm Credit Canada and Export Development Canada, while the AgriInnovate Program is contributing a $10-million repayable grant."

I do see the word "Loan" at the beginning of the news release.

Being built at Winnipeg's Centreport, another place for growers to sell to, with 80 new jobs.

Gee what happen to all the value added, local processing, and end user promoters on Agriville.

Braveheat I'm I missing something, or are you not farming in Manitoba anymore????

Comment

A bunch of farmers that get free loans (CCGA advance), subsidized loans (fcc, afsc, masc) complaining about a plant getting loans at par from EDC and other agencies...

Kind of ironic...

EDC can be very difficult terms... Farmers have huge latitude and most don't even know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Zephyr View Post
            A bunch of farmers that get free loans (CCGA advance), subsidized loans (fcc, afsc, masc) complaining about a plant getting loans at par from EDC and other agencies...

Kind of ironic...

EDC can be very difficult terms... Farmers have huge latitude and most don't even know it.
            No offence, but Fcc rates suck. How can that be considered subsidized, when bank rates are lower?

Comment

I almost got a loan at farm credit, then BSE hit and cow guys had a hard time getting a new loan, it was probably for the best anyway but BSE toughened me up and changed the way a lot of ranchers think.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
                National Post June 22/2020

"LOANS of $25 million and $55 million are coming from Farm Credit Canada and Export Development Canada, while the AgriInnovate Program is contributing a $10-million repayable grant."

I do see the word "Loan" at the beginning of the news release.

Being built at Winnipeg's Centreport, another place for growers to sell to, with 80 new jobs.

Gee what happen to all the value added, local processing, and end user promoters on Agriville.

Braveheat I'm I missing something, or are you not farming in Manitoba anymore????
                I'm here. I'm just doing what we do.

I know where you're going and yes I support value added but I liked the post because with justin there's always a hidden agenda or a friend of "The Party" waiting to get palms greased.

My conspiracy theory though runs to supporting an industry aiming to steal market share from meat. The Libs and wealth transfer via climate change friends especially view beef as an evil unsustainable industry. So, plant protein it is.

With the deficit heading so far south it's off the cliff is this the time for even more handouts? Would this plant not be viable without gov't help, because if not it never will be.

BTW, most pea crops here fail because of disease.

Comment

Conspiracy, the meat industry isn't going anywhere, way to many meat lovers in the world and is to well established to be over thrown by fake meat. As a so called supporter of value added you would have seen this a win-win for both producers and the province of Manitoba. Centreport is a perfect location and the job spinoffs for this plant is great.

Again it's a loan, if not in Winnipeg would you have preferred it in Sk or Ab. Brave do you not grow canola anymore or just beans?

Comment

Last week I picked up my half of a cut and wrapped beef that was fed and finished by a local STO feedlot.

I like real meat but can honestly say I've never tried any fake meat anything yet. So I can't say I don't like it but can't help to think what they do to it and add to it to simulate beef/pork/chicken flavor.

The protien fractionators can't be a bad thing for the pulse industry, but let those that want to eat fake meat, eat it.

I'd rather eat a bowl of hardy homemade lentil soup, at least I know what's in it. Don't like pea soup. I like just about anything made with chickpeas.

Comment

its pretty simple ...are peas hitting 10 or 11 bucks?

Oh yeah we are at the mercy of the market....who is the market????Oh yeah it companies like Roquette or Merit Functional foods....the companies that get money from government but farmers are suppose to wait for it to trickle down...

I would say they will take the government money and buy peas as cheap as they can....

Roquette set up in Manitoba due to government help...not a lot of peas in Manitoba compared to Saskatchewan...

Comment

I agree with Bucket the pea market should be 10 or 11 a bushel and then farmers could make some decent money but its not. Its 7 and these kind of parasites love a cheap supply. Add in freight from Sask to get to this plant and your getting paid less than the shit going to india.

It would be a great plant and i would support it but when it's built-in a non-pea area its a joke.

Oh and I think these guys want you to buy certified seed every year. Part of the BS plan.

So everyone makes a billion except the farmer.

**** off already with this bullshit.

Comment

Here is a perfect example of what's wrong with the sask party.

While I don't agree with government subsidies to large projects....

How did Roquette end up in Manitoba.

The sask party supporters don't question what happened on this file.

In the heart of Canada's pea growing area....

It's like thinking the cattle industry will expand without a slaughterhouse in the province.

As far as the loans for this project.....I will put the outcome in the same class as ILTA and Morris industries....give it time.

These pea companies can buy cheap....cover the production costs and correct a good profit on their finished product....why government help?

Comment

Since some here think I am "out there" on this government subsidy crap whether it be irrigation or this pea thing through the protein supercluster funding...

Let's say the pea company ...merit functional food handles 100000 tonnes of peas a year....

It would take close to 100000 acres of farm land to supply that plant....

What kind of capital expenditures are done on that much land to make it happen....

And are those farmers subsisized to the same level as what happening in the secondary industries...

You want protein fractionization to be the new market...

Better make it profitable for the guys growing peas to make that happen....

BTW 36 billion and counting in direct payments to US farmers....that is closing in on 50 billion Canadian. ...and is now accounting for 36 percent of American farmers income....profitable farmers will help the American economy....

And in Canada. ...farmers are peasants but still propping up the economy...

The railways are having a pretty good year moving grain when everything is slow....interesting factoid?

Comment

I thought Murad had fractionation sewed up.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...