• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much time is left?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much time is left? Time is up on headed durum. At least time is up for a big crop, there will be something but likely I will be harvesting it in July, and that has never been a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatlander View Post
      How much time is left? Time is up on headed durum. At least time is up for a big crop, there will be something but likely I will be harvesting it in July, and that has never been a good thing.
      Wow, here I'm hoping our cereals even get headed before the end of July!

Comment

Originally posted by Flatlander View Post
        My durum was stooling and stooling and hanging out waiting, then two nights at 5 deg she said f it and is now going into flag. That shouldn't be happening for another 2 weeks. Looks like some yield is going to get aborted.

Comment

Last year the leaves, tillers turned purple on our durum. You have time.

Comment

The drought has broken here this aft ... whopping one tenth. Lol
            Still staying somewhat positive.
            Section left to spray then park it till fungicide. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
              The drought has broken here this aft ... whopping one tenth. Lol
              Still staying somewhat positive.
              Section left to spray then park it till fungicide. Lol.
              Omg there will be sprayer ruts from end to end.
              Last edited by biglentil; Jun 24, 2020, 18:15.

Comment

A tenth of a tenth here. 0.01, more is T-showers around us but with keeping with the theme.....it slips past, dies before it gets here or develops behind us.

0.01 inches = 0.254 mms, Yup...a quarter of a millimeter.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                  0.01 inches = 0.254 mms, Yup...a quarter of a millimeter.
                  Good to see you are progressive now and working in metric because some people would be offended if you use the old imperial term - sweet fck all.

Comment

T storm warnings Wadena S and E. Any thing of measure? All evaporated before got from Humboldt. It only rains where it is WET...

Comment

Re-arranging some hopper bins in the yard. Moved them away from where they were set to put a decent rock and gravel base under them. Some were already anchored down, so we got a anchor driver and turned them out. There is moisture in the ground but definitely not enough to carry us through. Wheat is in the shot blade and rows haven't closed in(canopied). Tiller development probably will be aborted.

Living the dream.... just wishing it was a wetter one!

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                        T storm warnings Wadena S and E. Any thing of measure? All evaporated before got from Humboldt. It only rains where it is WET...
                        Yesterday we got a half inch and a bunch of pea sized hail in ten minutes. Luckily got in from checking fence before it started. No T storm warning issued for that...............

The trend continues here ...........

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post

The trend continues here ...........

As does ours, I used to call the Ghetto a "glorified desert".

Comment

As does ours, I used to call the Ghetto a "glorified desert".
                            “All we get is wind in the Sahara Slum of the Ghetto.
                            I'm starting a cactus farm and rattle snake ranch.”

Have you started rounding up some cacti seed and some rattlers yet?

My grandma used to have a cactus “borrowed” from Drumheller but it was under the south eave of her house. Got the odd garter snake but nothing bigger to start your collection with. Lots of frogs, caterpillars, and mosquitoes galore though. 😎

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
                              “All we get is wind in the Sahara Slum of the Ghetto.
                              I'm starting a cactus farm and rattle snake ranch.”

Have you started rounding up some cacti seed and some rattlers yet?

My grandma used to have a cactus “borrowed” from Drumheller but it was under the south eave of her house. Got the odd garter snake but nothing bigger to start your collection with. Lots of frogs, caterpillars, and mosquitoes galore though. 😎
                              I'm having trouble selling the idea to FCC and they won't lend me any money on that business plan.

Comment

I'm having trouble selling the idea to FCC and they won't lend me any money on that business plan.
                                Go fund me...............😉

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...