• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much time is left?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
    The old saying “grass up to your ass”.
    Be thankful, cow guys here will be hurting real soon. Won’t be much of anything for hay crop where I am.
    I’m very thankful that we have plenty of cow chow here. I just wish we could share and benefit everyone. After our 2001-04 drought I try to never gripe “too” much about mud.

Just started selling and loading out barley today. Is the price creeping up from everyone’s crummy conditions?

Comment

Just about done spraying and the risk is beginning to sink in.
      I'm all in and never really cut any corners.
      Next is hail insurance.
      Can't see fungicides being needed.
      June 19-21, 2019......1.99 inches!

Comment

Getting ready to go fishing as just about two weeks and I’ll be ready to call it a year. We have two weeks left to get moisture on the good land. Sand ridge is starting to show signs of stress today. Rest will be in two weeks.

So will I spray anything after in crop is done. Probably nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
          Getting ready to go fishing as just about two weeks and I’ll be ready to call it a year. We have two weeks left to get moisture on the good land. Sand ridge is starting to show signs of stress today. Rest will be in two weeks.

So will I spray anything after in crop is done. Probably nothing.
          A responsible "dedicated" farmer would stay home and use the money saved from the fishing trip to spray at least one quarter of something with something.

Comment

I fed cows until June 10 to hopefully let grass grow some well I moved cows today to a fresh pasture the grass is lucky to be 6” tall can see cows hooves from 20ft away! Less than 2” of rain since snowmelt. Hay is poor but crops are still holding in there, the forecast mid to high 20’s this week may change things for the worse.

Comment

After the wet spring and summer here the existing hay fields are good this year. I got darn near 90% winter kill on my alfalfa seeded last year. Pretty disappointed about that, looked good going into fall.

Comment

Owning cattle in a droughty area is the shits.
                Hay crops here are pathetic. Even slough hay is non-existent in sloughs that has little to no run-off.
                Some guys greenfeed and millet will be poor, some establishment issues and doesn't millet need moisture too!?!?!
                Pastures are changing color,

Comment

rain event for next week on WN.

Now they will start cutting it down everyday.

Comment

No faith in any forecast past 3 days.
                    Then within 3 days it's still a bit of a crap shoot.....amounts and system tracking.

With the thundershower season approaching, Mother Nature will be picking winners and losers around here. Sadly, with excesses, as the guys who are drowning can attest to, it works both ways.
                    Last edited by farmaholic; Jun 23, 2020, 13:40.

Comment

Waters are warming here to our north and north east.

Leading to increased chance of lanina weather event or enhanced amounts of rainfall.

Odds of this happening have increased a lot over last month.

I believe lanina is bad for you guys, not sure if it’s as simple as more rain in Southern Hemisphere and less in northern hemisphere probably more science to it than that..

O am I waffling shitas usual

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                        A responsible "dedicated" farmer would stay home and use the money saved from the fishing trip to spray at least one quarter of something with something.
                        Did Hobbyfarmer hack into your account?

Comment

I’m starring at the possibility of 70mm at the high end next wk.
                          If this was to “happen” for some unknown reason I hope the government will let the bars open to full capacity. I’m thinking every farmer will be in there with bells on.
                          Realistically I’m hoping for an inch, something I haven’t seen in quite sometime.

Comment

Flea beatle spraying still happening. Resistance is futile.

Comment

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
                              I’m starring at the possibility of 70mm at the high end next wk.
                              If this was to “happen” for some unknown reason I hope the government will let the bars open to full capacity. I’m thinking every farmer will be in there with bells on.
                              Realistically I’m hoping for an inch, something I haven’t seen in quite sometime.
                              You're already " bargaining" and willing to settle for "less"! Lol...sorry about that.

People, please don't set yourselves up for disappointment.
                              I like being pleasantly surprised rather than sorely disappointed.
                              Kinda a one day at a time mentality, it's easier on the constitution.

But be realistic at the same time, plan A thru Z. Hope we don't even get to plan B.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
                                Flea beatle spraying still happening. Resistance is futile.
                                They sure are horrible this year. As wet as it is here, you would think they wouldn't be a problem. Just finished spraying for them here as well.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...