• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heat units ??

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heat units ??

I am curious as to were western Canada currently sit in different regions to date
    May / June to date now .
    Hard to find up to date real data or current heat unit maps ..
    anyone got links ??

GDD and CHU. GDD base 5
    https://farmwest.com/climate https://farmwest.com/climate

Click image for larger version

Name:	GDD NB June 1720.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	769847

Name:	CHU NB Jun 1720.jpg
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	769848

Comment

Agree it is not too common to find real time data.
      Much easier to find where GDD's will be in 2050 and beyond

Furnace running since 9AM. As good an indicator as any I suppose

Comment

Thanks 101 👍👍

Shows the reality of what most of us are saying even though we are not scientific experts lol

Comment

Hottest winter, spring, summer on record and every place is heating up 7 times faster than everywhere else.

Comment

Low of +3 tonight with a risk of frost .............. our lack of heat units might not matter so much in the muskeg

Comment

Someone have old tires laying around might have to burn some keep frost away

Comment

This seems sorta phucky.....pretty big difference between here and NB. Err did i do something wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by macdon02 View Post

This seems sorta phucky.....pretty big difference between here and NB. Err did i do something wrong?
                  Sure that’s not corn heat units ??
                  Then much the Same here on that

Comment

Chuck seems to have been busy lately, and has allowed the blasphemy on this thread to go unchallenged too long already, so I will step in and put an end to this nonsense.
                    Here is irrefutable proof that our GDDs are increasing, and therefore your irrelevant graphs, and observational evidence is wrong. A map from 2080 showing how many for heat units we are already going to be enjoying here in Alberta. Models always trump evidence. Now quit being flat earther's, and start planting those pineapples and bananas.
                    Believe the science, a consensus of all the people who agree with me endorse this message, and you're just a bunch of dumb farmers farmers who clearly don't know how to read a graph or use a website, you probably have it upside down. And since you are all racist, I automatically win this debate.

Comment

Originally posted by macdon02 View Post

Set the base temperature to 5C. Should be right then.

Comment

The long range into the peak of summer is not showing a single day over 27 deg here.

I rememember cooking at 38 deg in 1988 about this time and the crops written off and being baled.

Name:	reg.jpg
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	769851

Comment

So it's counting all the time under 5C if not set accordingly? Cuz that's a really big variance and yes nothing grows under 5C but it's really cooking the data....

Comment

I have no idea why you can choose any base temp you want?

The standard for Western Canada is 5C. I think years ago wheat used to have a base temp of 42F

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                              The long range into the peak of summer is not showing a single day over 27 deg here.

I rememember cooking at 38 deg in 1988 about this time and the crops written off and being baled.

[ATTACH]6251[/ATTACH]
                              some of the models are even cooler than that. You might be right. Behind now and stay behind. Having said that, we are waaayyyy ahead of last year

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.