Quaker gets woke

Commodity Marketing

Tools

Quaker gets woke

Jun 28, 2020 | 12:44 181 A few days after the Floyd incident,a 3 yr old and a 1 yr old black children were gunned down by random gang violence in Chicago along with dozens of others in the ensuing days.

But you didnt hear about that did you. The silence of our MSM is deafening. Reply With Quote
Jun 28, 2020 | 16:00 182
Quote Originally Posted by chuckChuck View Post

But I hold little hope that you will reform your ways!
Well, hope is the last to die.

And there is good reason for some hope now. Completely off topic, but One of your fellow watermelons the head of Extinction Rebellion, did some independent research and discovered that she had been lied to all along, and green energy isn't actually green, and resigned to support Nuclear power instead.

If someone as indoctrinated and invested as she is can still change their opinion when presented with facts, then perhaps hope is not lost for Chuck either.

From your favourite website:

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2020/06/...nuclear-power/ Reply With Quote
Jun 28, 2020 | 17:58 183 Almost 4 years ago, JBP described perfectly how the left has pushed their diabolical, Marxist agenda on the majority of society which recognizes how the demented, leftist ideology will result in the destruction of their lives and culture.

A smallish minority, typified by the usual suspects here, has by the very process outlined by Peterson here in this video, succeeded in bringing our society into a state of moral and ethical paralysis, one step at a time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSDClxjcR-4







Question: Does the actual YouTube video work for anyone else? Cuz it doesn't on my page. Which is why I included the hyperlink.
Last edited by burnt; Jun 28, 2020 at 18:06.
Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Jun 28, 2020 | 18:51 184 Both links work with The iPad, Jordan Peterson has it figured out! Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Jun 28, 2020 | 23:01 185
    Quote Originally Posted by tweety View Post
    So why did you post your story you knew was misleading and completely false? Was it your plan all along to deceive? Call me anything you want, but this is about your post. You are the media here, not CNN, not FOX.

    Or did you not take the time and make sure on such a sensitive subject that YOUR story was factual?
    Gonna answer burnt? Reply With Quote
    Jun 29, 2020 | 02:43 186
    Quote Originally Posted by tweety View Post
    Gonna answer burnt?

    The sheer, self-proven hypocrisy of your question deems it unworthy of an answer. However, I will provide a response based on my integrity rather than yours, with the hope of enlightening you.

    How does removing a long-standing symbol of quality and trust, embodied in the picture of a black woman, improve the lot of black people?

    How does negatively emphasizing immutable differences and removing healthy representation raise the standard of better human relationships?

    Why do you gloss over the objections of the women’s families as of no consequence? Do you not believe that black voices matter? What does it say about you that you believe that erasing the documented story of a successful black woman or man is a good thing?

    “I wish we would take a breath and not just get rid of everything, because good or bad, it is our history.” Vera Harris, family historian for the Lillian Richard family (one of the black women pictured as Aunt Jemima).

    Are you really convinced that perpetrating a further injustice on those families is justifiable under the sketchy guise of ending injustice? (Maybe you caught the bitter irony?)

    Or are you just another shameless, empty leftist who ignores reality when it doesn’t fit your baseless perceptions and false narratives?

    tweety, I genuinely pity people like you – so well-intentioned, but mostly wrongheaded, usually misled. I hope you can grow into a healthier place and stop perpetuating the disease you incorrectly diagnose.

    It’s far worse than the CCP Flu.


    Further on this – “Aunt Jemima will no longer appear on packaging at the grocery store in the fourth quarter of 2021, and a new name for Quaker’s products will be announced soon after.” Quaker may well experience that “getting woke” is just steps ahead of “going broke”. Reply With Quote
    Jun 29, 2020 | 08:13 187 Don’t you find it funny that the family of the real aunt jemima is against the rebranding of the product? I guess it isn’t as racist as the leftards thought!! Reply With Quote
    Jun 29, 2020 | 08:19 188
    Quote Originally Posted by flea beetle View Post
    Don’t you find it funny that the family of the real aunt jemima is against the rebranding of the product? I guess it isn’t as racist as the leftards thought!!
    Either that, or it exposes the real bigots - and they are the ones screaming "racism" the loudest. Evil bastards.

    The left of center political strip has learned to profiteer from exploiting those whom they declare to be victims.

    They use the victimhood banner as a cover for pushing their Marxist agenda and don't even hide it anymore. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Jun 29, 2020 | 09:44 189 I appreciate an actual answer - but my question isn't about Quakers decision, but about your false and misleading post and why you posted it when meme's like that only purpose is to promote racism and cloud the issue. And that no one other then WD9 took the time to verify it, but so many just clicked "like" adding to the problem.

    Going forward when we all post we need to take the time to verify what we are posting. The post becomes our words, our philosophy in life, and if that post promotes racism, it needs to be called out. This does not make you left wing or right wing, it makes you a decent human being to acknowledge the error and make the change.

    We all post stupid stuff, racist stuff, stuff over the line, the initial pages of this thread show many symbols of racism that Agriville members heartlessly joke over.

    Katherine Hu says: Aunt Jemima, Uncle Ben, Land O’ Lakes, Trader Ming, Miss Chiquita and the countless caricatures of Black, indigenous, and other people of color baked into American popular culture are part of a long history of white people flattening “ethnic” culture and peoples into digestible, safe symbols that they can, literally, digest.

    What pushes me sideways is the overwhelming majority of Agriville trying to convince that those racist symbols should remain safe. They should not. Reply With Quote
    Jun 29, 2020 | 11:14 190 Maybe stop looking for stuff that triggers you. That would be a start.

    But lets look at the other side, Mr Clean a caricature of a white person, possible even albino, was dropped and right out replaced with a black person as the brand. I didnt hear a single white or albino person complain about that.

    So by those rights, we can convert Uncle Ben and Aunt jemima to white equivalents and the problem disappears.

    Michelin man looks white albino to me too. So does Pillsbury dough boy.

    Oppressed people built a lot of what we consider ancient world landmarks. By all means start rebranding them. I find the pyramids racist.
    Last edited by jazz; Jun 29, 2020 at 11:21.
    Reply With Quote
    wd9
    Jun 29, 2020 | 20:32 191 Burnt, is this story true?

    Quote Originally Posted by burnt View Post
    Attachment 6242

    "The world knew her as "Aunt Jemima," but her given name was Nancy Green and she was a true American success story. She was born a slave in 1834 Montgomery County, KY... and became a wealthy superstar in the advertising world, as its first living trademark.

    Green was 56-yrs old when she was selected as spokesperson for a new ready-mixed, self-rising pancake flour and made her debut in 1893 at a fair and exposition in Chicago. She demonstrated the pancake mix and served thousands of pancakes... and became an immediate star. She was a good storyteller, her personality was warm and appealing, and her showmanship was exceptional. Her exhibition booth drew so many people that special security personnel were assigned to keep the crowds moving.

    Nancy Green was signed to a lifetime contract, traveled on promotional tours all over the country, and was extremely well paid. Her financial freedom and stature as a national spokesperson enabled her to become a leading advocate against poverty and in favor of equal rights for folks in Chicago.

    She maintained her job until her death in 1923, at age 89.

    Nancy Green was a remarkable woman... and has just been ERASED by politically correct. Honor those who were successful."
    Reply With Quote
    Jun 29, 2020 | 22:13 192
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckChuck View Post
    Flea, you sound bitter too!

    Calling out member of my own race and occupation, hardly counts as racism or prejudice does it? LOL

    I usually qualify my statements and make it clear that not all member of a particular group are to blame. You should try that.

    Maybe you and A5 can have a little meeting to try to understand what sweeping inaccurate streotyped generalizations are.

    But I hold little hope that you will reform your ways!
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckChuck View Post

    But that is not a surprise coming from mostly white conservative minded voters who see first nations as an enemy or a liability and are mostly interested in self serving tax cuts and taking care of their own.
    That isn't a sweeping inaccurate stereotyped generalization? Did you qualify this statement and make it clear that not all members of that group were to blame?

    Again Hypocrite!

    And no, not bitter, just pointing out your slanted view of things. It is blatantly obvious. Reply With Quote
    Jun 30, 2020 | 08:10 193
    Quote Originally Posted by jazz View Post
    Maybe stop looking for stuff that triggers you. That would be a start.

    But lets look at the other side, Mr Clean a caricature of a white person, possible even albino, was dropped and right out replaced with a black person as the brand. I didnt hear a single white or albino person complain about that.

    So by those rights, we can convert Uncle Ben and Aunt jemima to white equivalents and the problem disappears.

    Michelin man looks white albino to me too. So does Pillsbury dough boy.

    Oppressed people built a lot of what we consider ancient world landmarks. By all means start rebranding them. I find the pyramids racist.
    Dripping with white privilege. You don't convert them to white equivalents, you remove the racism.

    I am slowly understanding that for some here racism is a very difficult concept to understand by the effort of the many unbelievable posts as above. Hard to believe someone today would even post this in public - but there ya go, for all the world to see. Reply With Quote
    Jun 30, 2020 | 09:08 194 Anybody want to comment on the family of the Aunt jemima lady coming out and saying that they are against the rebranding? Seems to have conveniently been skipped over, since it didn't fit the narrative. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Jun 30, 2020 | 09:49 195
    Quote Originally Posted by tweety View Post
    Dripping with white privilege. You don't convert them to white equivalents, you remove the racism.
    You aren't going to get very far with your mission if you are going to brand everything racist. Maybe you missed the tongue in cheek in my post.

    If you want to attack inequality, start with double standards and virtue signalling hypocrisy.

    Canadas entire democratic foundation, its economy, its institutions, its tax system and social policies are 100% discriminatory. Start there. Reply With Quote
    Jun 30, 2020 | 12:44 196 Mt Rushmore is now racist and a symbol of white supremacy. Even though the image of Lincoln is up there.

    Democrats Delete Tweet Targeting Mount Rushmore over ‘White Supremacy

    The linked story from the Guardian quotes Oglala Lakota tribe member Nick Tilsen, the president of local activist group “NDN Collective,” as calling Mount Rushmore a symbol of “white supremacy.”
    “Mount Rushmore is a symbol of white supremacy, of structural racism that’s still alive and well in society today,” Tilsen said, a message echoed by the Democrat Party’s formal Twitter account.
    The Guardian piece goes on to note that Tilsen wants to see Mount Rushmore torn down altogether.
    Reply With Quote
    fjlip's Avatar Jun 30, 2020 | 12:54 197 Absolutely NO end to the STUPIDITY of the LEFTIST/ANARCHIST/RACE card promoting bastards!

    Hey Columbus evil WHITE guy, need to cancel "America" Amerigo Vespuci evil white guy after which our continent is named!
    Huge backlash needed by sane reasoning majority, SOON! Reply With Quote
    Jun 30, 2020 | 12:56 198
    Quote Originally Posted by flea beetle View Post
    That isn't a sweeping inaccurate stereotyped generalization? Did you qualify this statement and make it clear that not all members of that group were to blame?

    Again Hypocrite!

    And no, not bitter, just pointing out your slanted view of things. It is blatantly obvious.
    Wrong again! I am only singling out "white conservative minded voters who see first nations as an enemy or a liability" . That's a distinct political group and does not represent all whites or conservatives. So it's not a sweeping generalization, it is a very specific point.
    Last edited by chuckChuck; Jun 30, 2020 at 13:23.
    Reply With Quote
    Jun 30, 2020 | 13:13 199
    Quote Originally Posted by fjlip View Post
    Absolutely NO end to the STUPIDITY of the LEFTIST/ANARCHIST/RACE card promoting bastards!

    Hey Columbus evil WHITE guy, need to cancel "America" Amerigo Vespuci evil white guy after which our continent is named!
    Huge backlash needed by sane reasoning majority, SOON!
    I think the backlash by the silent majority of law abiding, responsible, hard working citizens will come at election time. And the result will surprise all the pundits again. Which will remove the impetus for the rioting, looting, and desecration/perversion of history in the first place.
    Not quite as hopeful here in Canada, the voters already declined 2 opportunities Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Jun 30, 2020 | 13:21 200
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
    I think the backlash by the silent majority of law abiding, responsible, hard working citizens will come at election time. And the result will surprise all the pundits again. Which will remove the impetus for the rioting, looting, and desecration/perversion of history in the first place.
    Not quite as hopeful here in Canada, the voters already declined 2 opportunities
    Get your Bud Light ready!

    "Rioting and Looting, perversion of history"? Huh? LMAO

    The majority of protests worldwide were peaceful!

    How do you explain the massive corporate and institutional support against racism?

    Push back A5 style! hahahaah Reply With Quote
    Jun 30, 2020 | 13:29 201
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckChuck View Post
    How do you explain the massive corporate and institutional support against racism?
    Simple - don't wreck my store or ostracize my brand and I will bend the knee. Reply With Quote
    Jun 30, 2020 | 13:30 202 The NFL, NASCAR. The list goes on an on. Try again!

    Jazz, dont forget to replace your confederate flag window coverings with curtains. NASCAR no longer will alow the the c. flag to be flown! LOL
    Last edited by chuckChuck; Jun 30, 2020 at 13:33.
    Reply With Quote
    Jun 30, 2020 | 14:01 203
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckChuck View Post
    The NFL, NASCAR. The list goes on an on. Try again!

    Jazz, dont forget to replace your confederate flag window coverings with curtains. NASCAR no longer will alow the the c. flag to be flown! LOL
    Good optics make for good business. There’s a certain razor blade company whom produced an ad about toxic masculinity. I’m all for progressive issues but that took it too far. A virtue signalling pile of crap. Companies can go too far and lose sight. Reply With Quote

  • wd9
    Jun 30, 2020 | 16:42 204
    Quote Originally Posted by flea beetle View Post
    Anybody want to comment on the family of the Aunt jemima lady coming out and saying that they are against the rebranding? Seems to have conveniently been skipped over, since it didn't fit the narrative.
    Quaker says there is no Aunt Jemima. Aunt Jemima is a brand, a logo and character based in racism. It is their brand and is the only narrative. Their brand, their decision. Reply With Quote
    Jun 30, 2020 | 16:54 205
    Quote Originally Posted by wd9 View Post
    Quaker says there is no Aunt Jemima. Aunt Jemima is a brand, a logo and character based in racism. It is their brand and is the only narrative. Their brand, their decision.
    It is their product, their logo, and their choice. They made their decision, and justified it in their press release. Now the public can vote with their wallets and let them know if they made the right decision. What little I know about the advertising and marketing world, rebranding a successful brand after spending decades and millions promoting it is very risky, and often ends badly. It will be interesting to see how this turns out. Reply With Quote
    wd9
    Jun 30, 2020 | 17:22 206
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
    It is their product, their logo, and their choice. They made their decision, and justified it in their press release. Now the public can vote with their wallets and let them know if they made the right decision. What little I know about the advertising and marketing world, rebranding a successful brand after spending decades and millions promoting it is very risky, and often ends badly. It will be interesting to see how this turns out.
    Well it should be a pretty easy decision, it should have gone long ago.

    https://www.ferris.edu/jimcrow/mammies/

    It is a very informative read and goes into detail about mammies, breaking down the difference between fictional (like Aunt Jemima) and real and realities. Reply With Quote
    Blaithin's Avatar Jun 30, 2020 | 17:47 207 We want so much diversity in life these days that in one fell swoop we made all food brand figureheads old white men. Can't think of any others left standing.

    One step forward, two steps back. Reply With Quote

  • Jun 30, 2020 | 17:49 208
    Quote Originally Posted by wd9 View Post
    Well it should be a pretty easy decision, it should have gone long ago.

    https://www.ferris.edu/jimcrow/mammies/

    It is a very informative read and goes into detail about mammies, breaking down the difference between fictional (like Aunt Jemima) and real and realities.
    Not disagreeing with you, just stating that the business decision is not one that is taken lightly. History is not on their side on the success of rebranding. Reply With Quote
    Jun 30, 2020 | 18:39 209
    Quote Originally Posted by wd9 View Post
    Quaker says there is no Aunt Jemima. Aunt Jemima is a brand, a logo and character based in racism. It is their brand and is the only narrative. Their brand, their decision.
    It can’t be all that racist if the family of the person on the bottle/box don’t seem to mind her being there.

    I agree with you though that in the end it is quakers decision. Reply With Quote
    wd9
    Jun 30, 2020 | 22:15 210
    Quote Originally Posted by flea beetle View Post
    It can’t be all that racist if the family of the person on the bottle/box don’t seem to mind her being there.

    I agree with you though that in the end it is quakers decision.
    As they say, always follow the money, in this case 2 billion. From 2014.

    https://time.com/3477983/aunt-jemima...e-mix-lawsuit/

    Oddly in 2014 Quaker said:

    The brand’s owner, Quaker Oats, a subsidiary of PepsiCo, denies that any such contract existed or that the iconic figurehead was meant to resemble any living person. “The image symbolizes a sense of caring, warmth, hospitality and comfort,” said a statement from Quaker Oats, “and is neither based on, nor meant to depict any one person.” Reply With Quote