Quaker gets woke

Commodity Marketing

Tools

Quaker gets woke

GDR
Jun 18, 2020 | 08:41 31
Quote Originally Posted by the big wheel View Post
When I buy that syrup I don’t see a black woman I see a person that must have had some kind of input into the making of that product. Don’t know rhe whole story and really don’t care. Someone that had enough pride to want to put her picture on the product. Isn’t this promoting black people! How is this a negative thing? Or is there more to the story.

This is so *** nuts!!!
I feel the same way about all the sports teams that are losing their names also. To me a message of honoring the people not a racist slur. Just dont get it? Reply With Quote

• Jun 18, 2020 | 09:14 32
    Quote Originally Posted by farmaholic View Post
    So is it ok to have that old Quaker dude pictured on their products?

Both feet are on the slippery slope.
    That's what I was wondering, isn't it offensive to old white Quakers? Reply With Quote
    Jun 18, 2020 | 09:18 33
    Quote Originally Posted by sumdumguy View Post
    Just plain box is best, no writing because it might offend someone. We can just put a number on it and then we could goto the internet, put the number into google to see what’s in the box. LOL Society has lost it.
    But what color should the box be? Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Jun 18, 2020 | 09:37 34 OH THE HORROR.....

Name:  download.jpeg
Views: 586
Size:  7.0 KB

American Gothic has to go!

It's offensive to today's sophisticated high tech farmers, err " Agricultural Food Producers". Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Jun 18, 2020 | 10:05 35 "The Handmaids Tale" society just around the corner. Now you know why they're prohibiting guns.

"Under his eye". Reply With Quote
    Jun 18, 2020 | 10:16 36 Name:  faceless-society-david-cordner.jpg
Views: 571
Size:  6.0 KB

Faceless society Reply With Quote
    Jun 18, 2020 | 10:52 37
    Quote Originally Posted by sumdumguy View Post
    Just plain box is best, no writing because it might offend someone. We can just put a number on it and then we could goto the internet, put the number into google to see what’s in the box. LOL Society has lost it.

Edit: Sorry, Misterjade9, I didn't see the second page with your comment on it before posting this.

Okay, but what colour is the box going to be?

And who gets to decide the colour?

You see, it's not just so simple as you think, LOL!!

You people will need to strike a committee or an investigative group to do a study and then appoint a special group to do a selection based on the findings.

Meanwhile the sale of food in "coloured" boxes will be banned and people will starve, but what the hairy, WE WILL HAVE JUSTICE!
    Last edited by burnt; Jun 18, 2020 at 10:55.
    Jun 18, 2020 | 12:26 38 Name:  de2af190b5364dde1c4caac90253c701--new-world-order-dollar-bills.jpg
Views: 553
Size:  22.7 KB

Remove any spiritual or religious affiliation with this symbol and this is exactly where we are today.

Our digital footprint is huge and the "all watching eye" constantly peers into our lives.
    No need to insert microchips into humans, we voluntarily carry them for the "all watching eye".

Notice the eye isn't in one of the bottom corners of the "Pyramid of Hierarchy"!

Ok, just another drizzly day in the Ghetto conspiracy theory.

Good day to haul wheat and vac out those ugly flat bottom bins with Helfer air ducts in them. At least it's cool for a miserable job like that. A look on the bright side. I think the crop is absorbing moisture through its leaves today....lol.
    Last edited by farmaholic; Jun 18, 2020 at 12:30.
    Jun 19, 2020 | 06:12 39 Some these brands haven't changed their marketing symbols in over a 100 years. Many brands and sports teams that had outdated and racists logos have dropped them. Businesses have figured out that its good for sales and image The free market at work folks. You are in favour of the free market aren't you? Reply With Quote
    SASKFARMER's Avatar Jun 19, 2020 | 06:18 40 Chuck the Atlanta Braves are still the Atlanta braves. Why does the left want history to be replaced?

I have said the left is on a mission and its to make robots out of the whole world. Slave number 67000001 reporting.

Get the follow around the app so Justin can track you 24-7.

See I don't see colour with people. Doesn't matter if your whatever race. If your a nice person I will hang with you to make friends talk etc. But if your a sick racist pig and hate life and people I will avoid you like the COVID plague.

we are all Saskatchewanians. Doesn't matter. Reply With Quote

• Jun 19, 2020 | 06:28 41 I suppose John Deere changed their logo a bit over time but when you see it there's no mistaking who it is.

Will the same be said for the Aunt Jemima branded of products? Reply With Quote
    Jun 19, 2020 | 06:37 42 Name:  20200619_063007.jpg
Views: 498
Size:  85.8 KB

I don't get it, would this be better.if it was named "Uncle Wang's"....... and would the name need to be changed? Reply With Quote
  • 3 Likes

• SASKFARMER's Avatar Jun 19, 2020 | 06:40 43 It's a name that has been around for what a hundred years and now in 2020 we have to wipe it out.

What's next change Regina because the royal family traded slaves to VAGINA.

Come on people history will be repeated if we don't learn from our mistakes. Reply With Quote
    Jun 19, 2020 | 13:19 44 So I am wondering what negative impact all these changes are going to have on your life?
    I can’t imagine that brands and logos on pancake mixes and rice are all that important in the scheme of things.
    White middle aged male farmers don’t really matter when it comes to selling most consumer items. Reply With Quote
    Jun 19, 2020 | 16:22 45 My wife suggested we should be buying up all these so called racist items.

Will be collectors items down the track.

A craft brewery sales have gone through the roof here, colonial brewing co.

Based in the Margaret River region in Western Australia, the craft beer brand was accused of “creating nostalgia” for a period in history when Indigenous people “were killed en masse”.

Some liquor chains bowed to pressure and stopped selling the beer.

Online sales booming and those stores still selling it booming.

The chains who dropped have less sales of everything kinda backfired.

Just really really stupid how this has all become.

So is Saskatchewan gonna have to change names of towns and or lakes etc that may be deemed racial or a bad part of your proud history. Reply With Quote

• Jun 19, 2020 | 20:20 46
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckChuck View Post
    So I am wondering what negative impact all these changes are going to have on your life?
    I can’t imagine that brands and logos on pancake mixes and rice are all that important in the scheme of things.
    White middle aged male farmers don’t really matter when it comes to selling most consumer items.
    What negative impact did aunt jemima have on anybody is the even bigger question here. Reply With Quote
  • 3 Likes

• LEP
    Jun 19, 2020 | 20:42 47 Things change over time. I remember when I was in Australia in 1983 Ford was running an ad about the Ford Bronco. “ Even an 18year old girl can drive it”. It stood out to me but never heard a ripple in Aus.

Every girl was a “Sheila”. Mallee can translate.

I don’t remember it being a complimentary name. Reply With Quote
    Jun 19, 2020 | 20:48 48 A lot of kids have good memories of eating pancakes, it's too bad the adults will tarnish that memory for them. Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• Jun 19, 2020 | 21:18 49
    Quote Originally Posted by LEP View Post
    Things change over time. I remember when I was in Australia in 1983 Ford was running an ad about the Ford Bronco. “ Even an 18year old girl can drive it”. It stood out to me but never heard a ripple in Aus.

Every girl was a “Sheila”. Mallee can translate.

I don’t remember it being a complimentary name.
    Shiela not derogatory at all just slang for girlfriend Reply With Quote
    LEP
    Jun 19, 2020 | 21:30 50
    Quote Originally Posted by malleefarmer View Post
    Shiela not derogatory at all just slang for girlfriend
    Ok. The way I remember it being used I thought it was more like ****?? Reply With Quote
    Jun 20, 2020 | 03:11 51
    Quote Originally Posted by LEP View Post
    Ok. The way I remember it being used I thought it was more like ****??
    Nah.u Reply With Quote
    Jun 20, 2020 | 07:21 52 "A lot of kids have good memories of eating pancakes, it's too bad the adults will tarnish that memory for them." LMAO

Really? you cant make pancakes without a pre-package mix with an african american woman on the package? LOL Wholly shit is this really important?

And you are not worried about all the black and indigenous kids who are scared of the police and are worried about being picked up, harassed, bullied, beaten up and perhaps shot without a good reason?

Get real! Reply With Quote
    Jun 20, 2020 | 07:46 53
    Quote Originally Posted by malleefarmer View Post
    My wife suggested we should be buying up all these so called racist items.

Will be collectors items down the track.

A craft brewery sales have gone through the roof here, colonial brewing co.

Based in the Margaret River region in Western Australia, the craft beer brand was accused of “creating nostalgia” for a period in history when Indigenous people “were killed en masse”.

Some liquor chains bowed to pressure and stopped selling the beer.

Online sales booming and those stores still selling it booming.

The chains who dropped have less sales of everything kinda backfired.
    Already change name of “squaw rapids” hydro electric dam to “e b cambell” a few years back
    E
    Just really really stupid how this has all become.

So is Saskatchewan gonna have to change names of towns and or lakes etc that may be deemed racial or a bad part of your proud history.
    Already change name of “squaw rapids” hydro electric dam to “e b cambell” a few years back
    Everyone still calls it squaw rapids Reply With Quote
    Jun 20, 2020 | 08:06 54
    "A lot of kids have good memories of eating pancakes, it's too bad the adults will tarnish that memory for them." LMAO

Really? you cant make pancakes without a pre-package mix with an african american woman on the package? LOL Wholly shit is this really important?

And you are not worried about all the black and indigenous kids who are scared of the police and are worried about being picked up, harassed, bullied, beaten up and perhaps shot without a good reason?

Get real!
    So answer me this. Were "minority" groups not pushing to get more ethnic diversity in advertising the last 10 years or so?

If so, then how is having aunt jemima on a syrup bottle racist? Was this not what they wanted? Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Jun 20, 2020 | 08:14 55 Just rename it to Aunt Jenny's and put a picture of a blonde blue eye'd woman on the label. problem solved? Reply With Quote
    Jun 20, 2020 | 08:39 56
    Quote Originally Posted by MBgrower View Post
    Just rename it to Aunt Jenny's and put a picture of a blonde blue eye'd woman on the label. problem solved?
    ......well now that's just sexist. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Jun 20, 2020 | 09:57 57
    "A lot of kids have good memories of eating pancakes, it's too bad the adults will tarnish that memory for them." LMAO

Get real!
    Like the guy in the video that shot at cops ?
    Sorry but a narrative is being pushed too far.
    Yes a few cops are bad , no different than any other professions or politicians regardless of race or gender.
    Where is the outrage of the violence against cops ???? The 98% that are good people , raising families in communities , helping local businesses and people kind stay safe ???
    This needs to be a two way street if any of this systemic racism is to be resolved. But unfortunately it’s being vastly overshadowed only one way for political grandstanding.
    Is it real , yup , but so is the attack on the vast majority just trying to do what’s best for their families and communities around them .
    Nothing is ever one sided only , two sides to every story .
    Coventry / CNN , the false hijab cutting and others come to mind that were blown way way out of proportion by msm and political grandstanding. CNN paid dearly for that massive blunder of trying to blow up a race issue that was not there . Trudeau should have been reprimanded as well for grandstanding the fake hijab cutting story way before the truth came out that it was all fake .
    It’s an odd one way street the past two years lol
    Last edited by furrowtickler; Jun 20, 2020 at 11:24.
  • 2 Likes

• Jun 20, 2020 | 11:26 58 Here is a story from the wife of a police officer that should be told as well , but it will not In this current narrative ...
    Last edited by furrowtickler; Jun 20, 2020 at 15:57.
    Jun 20, 2020 | 21:30 59
    Chuck I'm sorry to hear you lost your ass because some kids were happy to be eating pancakes.

I get the feeling finding replacement ass may be a challenge for you. Reply With Quote
    Jun 20, 2020 | 23:52 60
    Quote Originally Posted by rumrocks View Post
    Chuck I'm sorry to hear you lost your ass because some kids were happy to be eating pancakes.

I get the feeling finding replacement ass may be a challenge for you.
    After all, what donkey will be willing to tolerate him? Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like