• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breaking the law: How the state weaponizes an unjust criminal justice system

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Nations didn't write the Indian act nor put themselves on small reserves with few resources and dependent on the federal government What we have today was mostly created by non indigenous people.

First nations have to share in the responsibility for where they find themselves today.

But all Canadians have to take responsibility for what was forced upon indigenous people and all the well documented harm that occurred and racism that continues.

Improvement and moving forward is a shared responsibility.

What they don't need is more racist, ill informed attitudes like the kind often found on Agriville.

But I don't expect many of you to change. The next generations will move forward without you.

If you haven't noticed racism is no longer socially acceptable.

Remember what happened to the Sask. RM councilor who made violent racists statements about the Boushie shooting. He resigned in disgrace and apologized.

In 2008 Steve Harper who many of you voted for as Prime Minister apologized for the harm of residential schools.

Senator Lynn Beyak also embarrassed herself with racist letters about the "good" of residential schools. She got kicked out of the Conservative caucus and suspended from the senate and forced to take training on racism.

“I would like to unreservedly apologize for my actions,” she told the Senate.

“After deep and careful reflection, I have come to the view that the posting of offensive and hurtful letters to a Senate public website was wrong and ill-considered and my insistence on leaving them up was also wrong.”

“We are never too old to learn and to grow,” she said.

Comment

Was the RC church not in charge of the residential schools way back then ?

Comment

I used to think probably like most people that in having discussions on topics like this on public forums will actually enlighten other people and convince them to change their mind. But then I looked at how I react to as an example to Chucks posts and realized that instead of his opinions changing my mind they actually harden my position. I think overall this is why politics in Canada has become more partisan and divided. Being somewhat anonymous we can express views that we would be less likely to express in a face to face interaction.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
          First Nations didn't write the Indian act nor put themselves on small reserves with few resources and dependent on the federal government What we have today was mostly created by non indigenous people.

First nations have to share in the responsibility for where they find themselves today.

But all Canadians have to take responsibility for what was forced upon indigenous people and all the well documented harm that occurred and racism that continues.

Improvement and moving forward is a shared responsibility.

What they don't need is more racist, ill informed attitudes like the kind often found on Agriville.

But I don't expect many of you to change. The next generations will move forward without you.

If you haven't noticed racism is no longer socially acceptable.

Remember what happened to the Sask. RM councilor who made violent racists statements about the Boushie shooting. He resigned in disgrace and apologized.

In 2008 Steve Harper who many of you voted for as Prime Minister apologized for the harm of residential schools.

Senator Lynn Beyak also embarrassed herself with racist letters about the "good" of residential schools. She got kicked out of the Conservative caucus and suspended from the senate and forced to take training on racism.

“I would like to unreservedly apologize for my actions,” she told the Senate.

“After deep and careful reflection, I have come to the view that the posting of offensive and hurtful letters to a Senate public website was wrong and ill-considered and my insistence on leaving them up was also wrong.”

“We are never too old to learn and to grow,” she said.
          Once you get off your soap box, you can react to my responses in a pointed fashion, instead of dancing around with cut and paste, and trying not to answer them at all.
          Last edited by flea beetle; Jun 15, 2020, 15:52.

Comment

Whats the dollar figure chuck? What will it take to rectify this to your liking. Cause skippy just spent $400B like it was nothing. Would have $100B done it? Or just limitless?

If you have the solutions, then you need to have them costed out too. Who do you expect to pay?

No settler or pioneer had any say in those govt policies and neither should they have any responsibility for it as well. Do you think some broke ass immigrant from Europe who got shuffled here in the bottom of a boat and then train had any idea what was going on in the country. F sakes they were dropped on a patch of land and told to survive.
            Last edited by jazz; Jun 15, 2020, 13:47.

Comment

Yikes. Where do you start with dumb ass racist people like TSIPP?

TSIPP may live in the technological 21st century, but he thinks like someone from the stone age.
              What did I say that was “dumb ass racist “
              I’m pretty sure chuck is the racist one, a Racist against white people.

Working in the field I’ve found numerous Indian stone tools, hammer heads, arrow and Speer heads that was probably left behind by Indians, I’m pretty sure I’ve never found an iron tool that was left behind from an Indian.

Comment

Who cares anymore because it will never be enough.

Comment

Yikes. Where do you start with dumb ass racist people like TSIPP?

TSIPP may live in the technological 21st century, but he thinks like someone from the stone age.
                  If you cannot win the argument attack the presenter
                  Lefty, libtard, climatard , 101

Comment

Well i guess I will vote for Chucky as a Special Envoy to head out to Ottawa and he can come up with some non racist solutions for the native people. He knows that we are all wrong so that must mean he know what right to fix these problems.

Have at it Chucky. Oh and try not to bankrupt the country!

Comment

You always find the smartest things to say.
                      Reading between the lines, are you suggesting both parties are hostages? To documents and actions from generations ago, and policies still enacted and enforced ( or lack thereof) by inept and corrupt leaders on both sides?

Comment

So who gets past the blame and the bill ?
                        The rest of Canadians Or the RC church???
                        Canadians today had absolutely nothing to do with those schools... period .

Comment

Why even bother with a true SJW anymore.
                          Never once a solution presented.
                          Just a cry of injustice and a call to do more. Do more what?
                          Enough smug educated enlightenment.
                          Let's get the ball rolling.

Comment

i don't know about any one else but my family homesteaded on a piece of land in the hills and rocks and cactus that even the Indians wouldn't stay on full time.

Any they weren't in the original group of settlers so they had to buy the land from the first homesteaders that went broke on it.

We ain't talking bc ocean front here either.

Comment

Ya, and who's going to be crying for you when your family's off it in time.

Comment

Isn’t it ironic lol ...

Actually not funny , most people with any common sense seen this coming

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.