• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breaking the law: How the state weaponizes an unjust criminal justice system

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
    No issue? Tell that to the black and indigenous people who are often stopped and harassed by police for little reason except they are a visible minority.
    It all sounds so simple. If there was no crime then there would be no racism. And the police never break the law or commit crimes against minorities. We just saw it in several videos! There will be more and more videos.
    I must of been off white when i was young and in trouble quite frequently because the cops stopped me all the time for no reason at all , funny thing is they usually found something wrong
    Anyways i grew up quick and now that i am pure white , they never stop me anymore
    Fu-k, you are a piece of work !

Comment

Thanks Furrow.

We should be providing as much quality education and supports as possible so that we can get first nations off the government support and living productive, independent satisfying lives. Its the only way out.

Spend the money early to make their lives and education better and we will get results that will save a lot more money later. We can't fix all their social problems in the criminal justice system. It won't work and its too late.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
        I must of been off white when i was young and in trouble quite frequently because the cops stopped me all the time for no reason at all , funny thing is they usually found something wrong
        Anyways i grew up quick and now that i am pure white , they never stop me anymore
        Fu-k, you are a piece of work !
        What do I have to do with the issue at hand? So if you disagree explain why. And how would you know what it is like to be black or indigenous?

Its obvious why you were stopped so many time. Because you were a trouble maker! hahahhah

Comment

Free money does not solve issues , it creates more problems

Earned money gives one a much different perspective
          That’s goes for anyone regardless of age , sex , race whatever..

Comment

First Nations students get 30 per cent less funding than other children, economist says

First Nations children living on reserve receive at least 30 per cent less funding for their education as children under provincial jurisdiction, according to a former chief economist with the TD Bank.

Don Drummond's assertion runs counter to testimony from a senior official with the department of Indigenous Affairs last week during an inquest into the deaths of seven First Nations students in Thunder Bay, Ont.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/thunder-bay/first-nations-education-funding-gap-1.3487822

Comment

Ottawa still failing to provide adequate health care on reserves: report

An assessment of First Nations health care produced by the federal health department early last year shows the government is aware that it is failing in almost every respect to deliver adequate treatment and medical services to people living on reserves.

The review was conducted for Health Minister Jane Philpott after the Canadian Human Rights Tribunal found the government is discriminating against vulnerable indigenous children on reserves by providing them with less money for welfare than is available elsewhere in Canada. It points to significant gaps for First Nations in primary care, health promotion and prevention, child development, infrastructure, non-insured health benefits and environmental health.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/ottawa-still-failing-to-provide-adequate-health-care-on-reserves-report/article33746065/

Comment

The Liberal have nearly 5 years to make the changes . What have they done other than lip service ???

Comment

I didn’t say that, but you seemed convinced racism is not a problem and blacks and indigenous people must be the cause of their own problems?

There are racists and haters of all types all around the world. Denying it is an issue is pretty stupid!
                  I didn’t say racism isn’t a problem. But it isn’t racism that is the cause for the plight of these groups you speak of. All the programs are already in place for the FN people to climb the social ladder. I have been a victim of racism as well. Do I sit at home and wait for handouts because of it? No I go to work to support my family.

I know of a FN guy that got his ear pulled in a resident school. He got over $100,000 because of that. A guy I went to school with got picked up by both ears and hauled out of class by his ears. Does he deserve that same $100,000? Or double because it was by both ears? Was it racism or because the kid was acting out in class and needed to be reprimanded?

I know another FN that wasn’t even a resident at the school. He got over $250,000. His brother was mad because he was an actual resident, and still hasn’t received anything. Why are non-residents getting paid?

Comment

Originally posted by FarmJunkie View Post
                    Misery loves company. Many of the 2 races u worry about resent it when one of their own gets ahead so they try and drag them back down to their level.
                    That is likely the biggest factor according to all of the FN who I know. It seems it is hard to perpetuate the vicitm status when your next door neighbor with the exact same background is running a successful business, or has a well paying career, or productive farm, etc etc. So the easiest solution is to ruin the opportunities for the successful neighbor, rather than aspire to the same things yourself. I don't know what the solution is to that, but it seems it needs to come from within the community, not from outside.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                      That is likely the biggest factor according to all of the FN who I know. It seems it is hard to perpetuate the vicitm status when your next door neighbor with the exact same background is running a successful business, or has a well paying career, or productive farm, etc etc. So the easiest solution is to ruin the opportunities for the successful neighbor, rather than aspire to the same things yourself. I don't know what the solution is to that, but it seems it needs to come from within the community, not from outside.
                      Chuck will just say that the FN people you talked to don’t speak for the problems across the whole country. Funny I am a few hundred miles away from you and you got the same story. Maybe there is a theme here?

Comment

What do I have to do with the issue at hand? So if you disagree explain why. And how would you know what it is like to be black or indigenous?

Its obvious why you were stopped so many time. Because you were a trouble maker! hahahhah
                        No offence, but you just made his point with your last paragraph.

Comment

One of chucks oppressed children broke into my truck last night in a nice yard in an upscale nieghborhood
                          Had some welding and shop supplies for working , never even took them, lol
                          Hopefully he never cut himself crawling through broken window or i might get sued
                          Cops just laughed and said we will just add it to the other 20 or 30 last night in the city

Comment

Originally posted by flea beetle View Post
                            Chuck will just say that the FN people you talked to don’t speak for the problems across the whole country. Funny I am a few hundred miles away from you and you got the same story. Maybe there is a theme here?
                            Speaking of which, Chuck, what is your vast experience in this field that makes you such an expert? Did you co-author some of these studies? Part native yourself? Live on or next to a reserve? Employ FN on your farm? Or just watch lots of CBC?
                            By the way, how successful have you been in implementing your NFU initiative to give your farmland back to the FN peoples?

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                              One of chucks oppressed children broke into my truck last night in a nice yard in an upscale nieghborhood
                              Had some welding and shop supplies for working , never even took them, lol
                              Hopefully he never cut himself crawling through broken window or i might get sued
                              Cops just laughed and said we will just add it to the other 20 or 30 last night in the city
                              The BLM looters aren't stealing work boots and coveralls. Just saying.

Comment

Liberals

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                                The Liberal have nearly 5 years to make the changes . What have they done other than lip service ???
                                Here is what they did they took accountability away that does nothing to cure the problem.wake the hell up people just have to cure there own problems.they have plenty of funding! I know a RCMP in a dry reservation he says it’s boring there is no criminal activity image that !! Think of cures instead of calling out rasist rasist getting very sick of that word .defunding police seriously !!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...