• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Letter From Jason Kenny

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Letter From Jason Kenny

I wrote to the premier in Feb. ahead of the teck mine decision
    ---

Dear Mr Kenny, I am just puzzled how long we are going to take these abuses from Ottawa? The panel is studying everything and in the meantime, Trudeau keeps putting the screws to Ab and Sk and we just take it. Some angry letters get published in the papers and then everyone moves on to the next slight from Ottawa.

Are you aware of the effects of the carbon tax on farmers trying to dry their grains this year? Many are getting insane bills all while trying to feed the country and the world and no way to pass the costs along to consumers.

I urge you to read the work from Peter Zeihan who has predicted that Ottawa will have to bleed the west dry just to keep up with their social spending, equalization and regional buyoffs. Oil and gas and ag and potash and mining and everything else we do here will be dead. AB and Sk will empty out and this will become a giant wasteland just feeding whatever it can to the east.

The Teck Mine is going to be rejected or so overloaded with conditions that it gets killed anyway. The protesters are waiting for TMX. Go cut a deal with Trump so that Ab oil can get to tidewater through the American system. Start that discussion as it will lead to further talks about Ab joining the US in the future if it comes to that. Announce the referendum for Oct 2020. Don't wait and hope Trudeau leaves his post. There are more people like him waiting in the wings. You wont turn this around at the ballet box.

Trudeau has been given 4 months of relative peace and he has made no overtures to the west and is basically doubling down. Please for the love of god, do something.
    ----

His response, 4 months later, basically, expect more of the same
    -----

Thank you for your email, and please accept my sincere apologies for the delay in responding. I hope you and your family are staying healthy and safe during this challenging time.

I have heard from countless Albertans who are worried about their family’s future. Albertans are going through a tough time, no less so because our federal government has allowed our province’s key industry to be blocked and pinned down at every turn.

Like many Albertans, I was disappointed by Teck Resources’ decision to withdraw its application to build the Frontier project. The project would have created 7,000 Alberta jobs and provided Canada with $70 billion in new tax and royalty that could have funded our social services over the next four decades. The decision only deepens our government's resolve to use every tool available to fight for greater control and autonomy for Alberta within Canada, including reinforcing our constitutional right to develop our natural resources, ensuring a sustainable future for our oil and gas industries, and restoring Canada’s reputation as a reliable place to do business.

Every indication is that the Saudi-Russian price war, which is responsible for placing our energy under its current extreme financial stress, could continue for as long as 18 months. In addition to which, there is a precipitous decline in demand for energy and an overall shutdown of the global economy coming from the COVID-19 pandemic.

During tough times such as these, our actions as a provincial government are designed to ensure that our domestic energy industry gets through the price collapse and will ensure Canada's security of supply in the long term.

I understand your concerns regarding pipelines and other energy infrastructure. I believe Albertans have every reason for optimism as construction for the Trans Mountain pipeline expansion continues. Our recently announced partnership with TC Energy Corporation to get the Keystone XL pipeline built is another hopeful sign. It is a bold project to retake control of our province's economic destiny, and put it firmly back in the hands of the people of Alberta. This year alone, the project will create an estimated 1,400 direct high-paying jobs here in Alberta, 1,200 in Saskatchewan, and 300 elsewhere in Canada, for a total of nearly 3,000 jobs.

At the same time, we have launched the Economic Recovery Council to guide Alberta through the downturn that comes as a result of the COVID-19 crisis and the energy price crash.

Meanwhile, we remain steadfast in our rejection of the federal carbon tax, and are calling on Ottawa to support market access for our energy by completing the Trans Mountain pipeline expansion, building resource corridors, and repealing bills C-69 (the “no more pipelines bill”) and C-48 (the Alberta tanker ban on the West Coast). All are critical to growing the national economy, creating good jobs, and protecting our reputation as a good place to invest.

Thank you again for writing. I am proud to be an advocate for the people of Alberta and a defender of the world’s most responsibly developed energy. I will not stand by idly while our economic interests are threatened. Our government will never stop working to protect our families and their way of life, and we will never hesitate to do what is right for our economy.

Best wishes for good health.

Sincerely,
    Hon Jason Kenney
    Premier of Alberta

Looks like Kenney is turning into one of trudo's littles *******!

https://calgarysun.com/opinion/columnists/bell-alberta-screwed-muzzled-ucp-mla-speaks

Comment

Unfortunately premier Kenney still believe that canuckistan can work despite a rocky mountain worth of evidence to the contrary. Unfortunately, canuckistan will not work so he better get on with separation or he will get replaced by someone who will. People of Alberta, we are getting the bill for the ottawa shit show, so we have to get on with separation. There are no alternatives. If people realize how much of the total tax take in canuckistan originates in AB, separation is a done deal. I wager over 40%. This includes the outsize contributions that AB makes to CPP and EI. In addition, if AB was to introduce a provincial sales tax consumer prices will rise in other provinces since like a tariff, producers absorb a portion of a sales tax.
      Last edited by ajl; Jun 12, 2020, 21:32.

Comment

Albertans pay the same federal tax rate as other Canadians. Provinces don't make equalization payments to other provinces. Its a federal program paid for by all federal tax payers. Alberta has been asking for more federal help recently.

Steve and Jason had 10 years to reform stabilization. They did bugger all. Its a convenient west vs east political tool to make sure the "hard done by" faithful keep donating to the cause.

It sucks to be well off with a high per capita GDP and high incomes. When times get tough the boom ends, drilling stops and the workers migrate to other jobs. We have seen this boom and bust cycle before.

Comment

Like usual Chuck you miss the point. A hugely disproportionate amount of the real GDP, which is where tax revenue come from, of this country is generated in one province: AB. And one industry: energy. One of the problems with canuckistan is that a lot of its GDP comes from government activity. Some is useful such as life saving surgery, but much is not useful such as work on the climate change file. The later is not wealth that you can tax. The rest of the canuckistanian economy is financial services and related real estate speculation which also drives the construction industry. As soon as fakenomics stops, most of that disappears. Nobody needs a wealth manager once the value of the loon is zero. Bottom line is if Alberta keeps its wealth inside of Alberta, it can be a sovereign nation. Canuckistan is no longer solvent even with AB.

Question for you: how much does being a lieberal party of canuckistan hack pay? Looking at all the flood damage we have, I need to upgrade my off farm job.
          Last edited by ajl; Jun 13, 2020, 08:24.

Comment

The take away from that letter and all of Kennys talks is dont expect what you think from his administration.

This is a take it in the a** strategy hoping to outlast Trudeau and hope the lights are still on at the end. Simple as that.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...