• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The "shallowest" thinking ever????

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The "shallowest" thinking ever????

This is catching on province wide..

Comment

Me thinks that every neighboring RM, town and village, (less those fact checked) and those "down south" should have a lot to answer for.
      As everyone should be able to admit, even the Ombudsman's reports can (and do) get the third finger salute.
      Watch the protests in the US.

I submit the problems stem from lack of leadership and justice. History isn't goong to be kind to irresponsinle councils, reeves, mayors, advisors and elected officials who don't want to change their bad habits (or worse)

Comment

Our RM intended to post meeting minutes to their website. But I still don't see them.
        The minutes are only as good as what was actually recorded. Recorded minutes, the condensed version of motions, voting and results, are void of detailed discussion. Video recorded meetings made available on RM websites would solve that problem but still wouldn't capture the "meetings and private discussions before the recorded meeting".

My local Village council meeting minutes are available online.

Maybe a resolution to have meeting minutes posted online should be brought forward and passed at SARM, or maybe Government can mandate it.

May as well remove the shroud of secrecy once and for all and mandate in camera meetings and get it over with.

Comment

Not sure that that is what "in camera" means.

Video'd and broadcast meetings, for sure.

Our municipality posts the agenda and the minutes online. Sounds liek you've got a bunch of self-centered jerk running the show there.

If our municipality would ever try top charge me for the stuff that I have already paid for, there would be hell to pay personally for the councillors.

But, what did you think - that government is actually 'responsible" to the people?

The reality is that at every level, it's a club and you're not in it. It's a club of the bureaucrats and the council, parliament, whatever. essentially, it's a glorified committee.

You just pay the bills they raise and the election is intended to project a thin veneer of legality - "the people have spoken", LOL!

The problem is that there are too few people who even care anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
            Not sure that that is what "in camera" means.
            Took the keystrokes right out from under my fingers. For some bizarre reason "in camera" actually means that not only can nobody outside of the group in question see/hear the debate, there is no record made of that debate so nobody can ever see what was said.

Comment

Originally posted by bobofthenorth View Post
              Took the keystrokes right out from under my fingers. For some bizarre reason "in camera" actually means that not only can nobody outside of the group in question see/hear the debate, there is no record made of that debate so nobody can ever see what was said.
              " in camera " means it can't be brought out or developed for others to see.

Sounds better than saying "old boys club" or "in secret"....

Comment

Poor choice of words I guess, my apologies(didn't know it was exclusionary, I took it as being captured for all to see). "Videoed" would have been a better option, because that is what I meant.

Comment

The previous comment about SARM doing something about leading their members in a positive direction is a good one.

But not much chance with councillor peers standing up to outright disregard to at least providing access to minutes for at most,any actual additional costs.

That certainly isn't too much to ask to happen.

But could we ecpect any more action than the 3 bystander cops who didn't/daren't do a thing, even after 3 minutes of a handcuffed man being dead.

Comment

Well I could show you an email (which specically states that it would not be put to pen) thaat the provincial government is entertaining the thought of creating a web portal for counil minutes.
                    No date announced and my guess is that it would be voluntary; so the same bad actors would continue to do as they please. Not to mention the real effort that will be made by some to create minutes that aren't worth reading.

Comment

Should there be term limits? 6, 8 or 10 years, unless maybe you are defeated then run again and win, which resets the term limit.
                      People aren't lining up to serve in a thankless position!

Comment

Where is the support from the SARM attendees? Too cowardly to say what they think?

From past experience, it is known that many do follow agriville. But unfortunately just about every last person would be just as silent at the twice yearly meetings; as they manage to be on this site when challenged to speak up.

Such a total waste of tax dollars; with next to nothing to be shown for public benefit.
                        And for that reason it could very well be a case of not being a thankless job for many who haven't the first clue about public representaion.

Comment

I’ve been to a few sarm conventions but never as an acting councillor, I truly believe the sarm conventions are a huge waste of tax payers money. As for meeting minutes I’d like to see them posted on line if not for anything else I could try and figure out what the meeting was all about.

Oops I was at one sarm convention as a councillor for one day about 19 years ago.
                          I had to many questions for the people speaking and probably was a good idea I didn’t come back.

Comment

SARM is just a bunch of drunken farmers ....Phuck sakes they are arguing over a name change with SUMA...

Comment

And the self-proclaimed "community builders" and those who obviously value potentially offending their acqaintences who have disgraced themselves.

Doing it so they don't become "involved"?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.