• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stormy Sunday

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stormy Sunday

I have not ventured outside yet to check the rain gauge. It’s not pretty out. Sounds like at least half an inch east of me, near Trochu.

Tornado touched down an hour south. Have heard some reports of hail. Haven’t seen that myself, yet, just rain and wind and more wind. I’d be happy with a little less wind and a bit more rain.

How’s everyone else in the area handling it? Radar has made it look brutal but it didn’t deliver quite that much here.

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
    I have not ventured outside yet to check the rain gauge. It’s not pretty out. Sounds like at least half an inch east of me, near Trochu.

Tornado touched down an hour south. Have heard some reports of hail. Haven’t seen that myself, yet, just rain and wind and more wind. I’d be happy with a little less wind and a bit more rain.

How’s everyone else in the area handling it? Radar has made it look brutal but it didn’t deliver quite that much here.
    Still struggling seeding out west, this ain't helping. Those were some good light shows overnight but we only got a couple tenths so thought we squeaked by too till this afternoon. Sure way muggy this morning, not surprising the storms popping up.

Comment

I was just told 8” at Acme.

Most around here are done seeding so that’s alright, but 8” is just.... Waayyyyy overkill. Fight to get it in the ground so that it can drown.

Comment

No rain, but the SW wind is biblical! Dirt in the air everywhere!

Comment

I was just told 8” at Acme.

Most around here are done seeding so that’s alright, but 8” is just.... Waayyyyy overkill. Fight to get it in the ground so that it can drown.

Sounds like they needed an Acme Umbrella!

Comment

Now they’ll need a fan.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
              No rain, but the SW wind is biblical! Dirt in the air everywhere!
              Apocalyptic?

The first good rain will be rapturous......

Comment

Now they’ll need a fan.

They can borrow mine, for free!

Comment

Wind just shifted here
                  Sky full of dust all of a sudden

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                    Wind just shifted here
                    Sky full of dust all of a sudden
                    If it smells of despair and poverty that's Ghetto dust.

Comment

Certainly wet. Lousana area relatives have 4 inches still raining. I am north of there, 6 miles south of me 2 1/4 inches and still raining. I am just past an inch and still raining. Good for pastures and hay. Going to fill some sloughs back up.

Comment

Severe thunderstorm watch for Regina announced. Hope it is a wet one.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                          Severe thunderstorm watch for Regina announced. Hope it is a wet one.
                          Montana looks pretty quiet
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200531-210222.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	769759

Bethune radar looks quiet
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200531-210404.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	769760

What are the odds? I guess if it's a one in a hundred chance.....they can say they warned us!!!

I'm such an external optometrist....

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                            If it smells of despair and poverty that's Ghetto dust.
                            And it smells of wet musty dreams sinking into the muskeg here. Another inch and it’s still coming down. Got four hours of cultivating and spinning in the mud here today before it started. I think we’re done seeding even if half of the seed is still in bins and bags.

Next year country here.

The eternal optimist in me says the half crop that’s in looks great at least. 😉

Comment

The land of extremes, it can wear you down.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.