Stormy Sunday

Commodity Marketing

Tools

Stormy Sunday

Blaithin's Avatar May 31, 2020 | 18:26 1 I have not ventured outside yet to check the rain gauge. It’s not pretty out. Sounds like at least half an inch east of me, near Trochu.

Tornado touched down an hour south. Have heard some reports of hail. Haven’t seen that myself, yet, just rain and wind and more wind. I’d be happy with a little less wind and a bit more rain.

How’s everyone else in the area handling it? Radar has made it look brutal but it didn’t deliver quite that much here. Reply With Quote
GDR
May 31, 2020 | 18:34 2
Quote Originally Posted by Blaithin View Post
I have not ventured outside yet to check the rain gauge. It’s not pretty out. Sounds like at least half an inch east of me, near Trochu.

Tornado touched down an hour south. Have heard some reports of hail. Haven’t seen that myself, yet, just rain and wind and more wind. I’d be happy with a little less wind and a bit more rain.

How’s everyone else in the area handling it? Radar has made it look brutal but it didn’t deliver quite that much here.
Still struggling seeding out west, this ain't helping. Those were some good light shows overnight but we only got a couple tenths so thought we squeaked by too till this afternoon. Sure way muggy this morning, not surprising the storms popping up. Reply With Quote
Blaithin's Avatar May 31, 2020 | 18:42 3 I was just told 8” at Acme.

Most around here are done seeding so that’s alright, but 8” is just.... Waayyyyy overkill. Fight to get it in the ground so that it can drown. Reply With Quote
helmsdale's Avatar May 31, 2020 | 19:09 4 No rain, but the SW wind is biblical! Dirt in the air everywhere! Reply With Quote
GDR
May 31, 2020 | 19:16 5
I was just told 8” at Acme.

Most around here are done seeding so that’s alright, but 8” is just.... Waayyyyy overkill. Fight to get it in the ground so that it can drown.

Sounds like they needed an Acme Umbrella! Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• Blaithin's Avatar May 31, 2020 | 19:19 6 Now they’ll need a fan.

May 31, 2020 | 19:20 7
    Quote Originally Posted by helmsdale View Post
    No rain, but the SW wind is biblical! Dirt in the air everywhere!
    Apocalyptic?

The first good rain will be rapturous...... Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• May 31, 2020 | 19:21 8
    Now they’ll need a fan.

They can borrow mine, for free! Reply With Quote
    May 31, 2020 | 19:22 9 Wind just shifted here
    Sky full of dust all of a sudden Reply With Quote
    May 31, 2020 | 19:28 10
    Quote Originally Posted by furrowtickler View Post
    Wind just shifted here
    Sky full of dust all of a sudden
    If it smells of despair and poverty that's Ghetto dust. Reply With Quote

• May 31, 2020 | 20:40 11 Certainly wet. Lousana area relatives have 4 inches still raining. I am north of there, 6 miles south of me 2 1/4 inches and still raining. I am just past an inch and still raining. Good for pastures and hay. Going to fill some sloughs back up. Reply With Quote
    May 31, 2020 | 20:59 12 Severe thunderstorm watch for Regina announced. Hope it is a wet one. Reply With Quote
    May 31, 2020 | 21:06 13
    Quote Originally Posted by sumdumguy View Post
    Severe thunderstorm watch for Regina announced. Hope it is a wet one.
    Montana looks pretty quiet
    Name:  Screenshot_20200531-210222.jpg
Views: 585
Size:  16.9 KB

Bethune radar looks quiet
    Name:  Screenshot_20200531-210404.jpg
Views: 586
Size:  19.9 KB

What are the odds? I guess if it's a one in a hundred chance.....they can say they warned us!!!

I'm such an external optometrist.... Reply With Quote
    May 31, 2020 | 21:14 14
    Quote Originally Posted by farmaholic View Post
    If it smells of despair and poverty that's Ghetto dust.
    And it smells of wet musty dreams sinking into the muskeg here. Another inch and it’s still coming down. Got four hours of cultivating and spinning in the mud here today before it started. I think we’re done seeding even if half of the seed is still in bins and bags.

Next year country here.

The eternal optimist in me says the half crop that’s in looks great at least. 😉 Reply With Quote
    May 31, 2020 | 21:23 15 The land of extremes, it can wear you down. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• May 31, 2020 | 21:41 16
    Quote Originally Posted by farmaholic View Post
    I'm such an external optometrist....
    Clever words.....

Are you looking outside the box? Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Jun 1, 2020 | 03:45 17
    Quote Originally Posted by woodland View Post
    Clever words.....

Are you looking outside the box?
    If life hands you melons you might just be dyslexic..... Reply With Quote

• Jun 1, 2020 | 06:47 18 It is so sonofabitching windy here in the NE this morning. I am not sure I have ever seen it this windy. Walked into the kitchen in time to see the grandkids trampoline take off and end up in the bush. I would think that I will have some canaryseed to re sow on some lighter land I rented this year. It survived the -2 the other night but not sure it will survive this sansblasting. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like