• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wind/dust

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wind/dust

Drove to tobin lake , nothing hardly seeded , ruts, mud, water everywhere
    Then to candle lake , some seeded nipawin to choiceland, then nothing done choiceland to macdowell , then seeded after to saskatoon but dust blowing so hard around osler warman saskatoon can hardly see road in places
    These vt machines should be taken away from some people
    Gonna be lots of reseeding from wind
    Last edited by caseih; May 31, 2020, 15:16.

Comment

....its all too schtoopit.

Comment

I posted this in another thread, but it is blowing so hard here this morning in the NE, not sure I have ever seen it this windy. I am sure I will have some CS to reseed on some lighter land I rented.

Comment

Its sickening already, wind forecast for the next two days but not as bad as yesterday.

It wears you down.

Comment

Yes , thirty year shingles laying in yard after 5 years on roof

Comment

60' spruce = freight train day and night outside the window! Moisture? None left now, less plants, broken leaves, dehydrated...

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                Yes , thirty year shingles laying in yard after 5 years on roof
                In spite of persistent strong wind, sky has stayed fairly clear of blowing dust. Do not see soil coming off any local fields. Not saying it will not happen but a credit to local growers to resist excessive tillage that left soil prone to drifting in past.

Comment

Funny but not ....
                  isn’t this farming sooooo easy eh ?
                  Nothing to it , seed a crop , take summer off , collect government subsidies, harvest and make nothin but money 👎👎👎👎.
                  Reality is so far from that it’s ridiculous

Comment

It would take quite a six pack to be able to do that.

But my keg gets more looks from the ladies.

Comment

Which direction are the hurricanes coming from today?

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                        Which direction are the hurricanes coming from today?
                        At least it died down overnight, here anyway 👍

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                          At least it died down overnight, here anyway 👍
                          Up to 40 Kph today
                          40-60 tomorrow

Peas getting close to spraying. I have 80 acres that I can hardly justify spraying, CLEAN. Dare me not to. The other 240, not so much, the Imazethapyr and Authority I applied post seeding pre emerge could have used a rain to activate and move it down.
                          Can't go back with Odyssey, would be double rating the Imazethapyr in the same year. Will have to be Viper.
                          Why is Bentazon alone so expensive? To me Metribuzin is a waste of time and money.

Comment

Yep, the wind is starting to get to me. Blew off my glasses twice yesterday just about stepped on them. Eyes sore from dust on back roads. Today is a great spray morning but the wind will be 60 km plus again today. Friday is another insane day ahead of the storm that is supposed to come. One custom guy going yesterday all day. Come on people this has to stop your not doing anyone any good.

Comment

If peas are clean I would leave them as well 👍
                              Not worth the potential crop injury

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.