• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No seeding this past week but there’s one less bunch to feed as of today.

We got the yearlings moved out a couple days ago and hopefully the next couple of days we can get the rest of the pairs out. The grass is actually pathetically short since it’s been so cold. Timothy with heads at 4” tall and ample moisture is odd for us.

On a brighter note home schooling has now added drivers training to the curriculum.

I’m now the coolest guy ever when I head out to check cows. 😎

My brother is headed out with the corn planter to some sandy ground of ours tonight. The clay hills around home will take some sun before anything can happen with them. Hopefully these grey skies don’t get any darker.............🤞

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
      No seeding this past week but there’s one less bunch to feed as of today.

We got the yearlings moved out a couple days ago and hopefully the next couple of days we can get the rest of the pairs out. The grass is actually pathetically short since it’s been so cold. Timothy with heads at 4” tall and ample moisture is odd for us.

On a brighter note home schooling has now added drivers training to the curriculum.

I’m now the coolest guy ever when I head out to check cows. 😎

My brother is headed out with the corn planter to some sandy ground of ours tonight. The clay hills around home will take some sun before anything can happen with them. Hopefully these grey skies don’t get any darker.............🤞
      Good for you! ChuckChuck, please take note.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post

Dust but the last two nights had showers. Total 1.3 since snow went.
        We’re at that much since Monday. Probably ten times that much since the snow left. Combined with below normal temps have the sloughs fuller than ever. There’s ones running over that nobody remembers doing so. We’ve been unloading stock trailers on the road since the approaches and fields are way to wet.

Wearing rubber boots and a toque is growing old ............. it’s almost June isn’t it????

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
          Even Prosper is working this year, they must have decided to put the active in after all the Lumiderm claims last year. [ATTACH]6111[/ATTACH]
          I think its a volunteer canola and you emptied the flea beetle trap beside it! Or picked them off a sticky trap.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
            I think its a volunteer canola and you emptied the flea beetle trap beside it! Or picked them off a sticky trap.
            he is a fat one!

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
              he is a fat one!
              Lol, look at all the dead ones to the right of the canolie seedlink.

You only get kuntroll like dat on da Culuny.

Comment

Lol, look at all the dead ones to the right of the canolie seedlink.

You only get kuntroll like dat on da Culuny.
                holyshit , i missed the dead ones , lol
                too much sambuca

Comment

Comon next you'll accuse me of working for BASF. Does look odd I'll give you that but that's exactly how I came across it.

Comment

Some pictures from last night on a buddies field...

They very lethargic . There was lots there but lumiderm seems to be holding off . One more day will tell the tail . 100% striped seen so far.
                    Beggars are aggressive, the even did some stem feeding on that windy day a few days ago
                    Mostly field edges

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	BF57E338-8FF3-415C-9391-FDFCB19044AF.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	769753

Wheat up nice

Comment

Going to be an issue in many areas possibly

Comment

Got guys reseeding in the area due to the 70-80 km winds on Wednesday. Neighbour with the planter is redoing all his. Wind just sheared it off with no real furrows to protect it. Some flea beetle damage but nothing like other years. They must have actually put the treatment in this year. Wheat and peas are coming good but Fababeans are slow as all hell. Some rain would help with there progress. Hopefully a little rain and heat will help us all.

Comment

Originally posted by FarmJunkie View Post
                            Got guys reseeding in the area due to the 70-80 km winds on Wednesday. Neighbour with the planter is redoing all his. Wind just sheared it off with no real furrows to protect it. Some flea beetle damage but nothing like other years. They must have actually put the treatment in this year. Wheat and peas are coming good but Fababeans are slow as all hell. Some rain would help with there progress. Hopefully a little rain and heat will help us all.
                            Yes , wind shear can be an issue with a planter but less with rain
                            The good bad and ugly of all lol
                            Our Fabas were very slow as well , but the ground temp cool off so much with those continuous frosts in mid May , that did not help
                            Last edited by furrowtickler; May 29, 2020, 12:57.

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
                              Never leave $500,000 sprayer idling. Many hours are put on those things sitting there while filling or worse yet somebody is scribbling on a chemical box trying to figure out a tank mix while the hours click off
                              my damn viper pro takes 8 mins to work , pisses me off
                              would shut it off more

Comment

Always have issues Last days of seeding today it was the local Fert dealers turn. Shoot stuck wide open.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.