• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CO2 levels too low?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chuck, your graph encompasses a whopping 0.02% of the period where there has been life on earth, and is limited to the cold period of the Holocene and late pliestocene where we have been alternating between glacial and interglacial. We have proxy records for CO2 going back thousands of times further than that, so why did you cherry pick that insignificant sliver of time?

What you really need to do with that graph is overlay the temperature. Then you will see that while CO2 is "unprecedented" in this short cherry picked time frame, temperature is anything but, and in fact has stubbornly refused to comply with the greenhouse gas theory. And in fact, you would see that CO2 rises every time the temperature rises, during this glacial/interglacial era, with CO2 lagging temperature. However if you go back any further in time, you will find no corellation between the two. That one graph is all the thinking person really needs to see to disprove the CAGW theory.

Comment

We could discuss the details and history of the earths climate again and again but since neither you or I are climate scientists nor experts then the simple solution is find a credible scientific organization that says human caused climate change is not happening. Climate change denial activist organizations and individuals don't count.

Since you have never been able to do that then you have lost the debate. Game over.

I don't expect you to change your mind. The die hard flat earthers will stand by their unscientific claims till the end.
      Some will even go as far as to kill themselves in a homemade rocket. Logic and evidence in the face of over whelming evidence mean nothing to people like this.
      Last edited by chuckChuck; May 24, 2020, 09:46.

Comment

Tried the heavy breathing thing last night. Didn’t seem to budge it. But what can you expect after only 3 minutes I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
          We could discuss the details and history of the earths climate again and again but since neither you or I are climate scientists nor experts then the simple solution is find a credible scientific organization that says human caused climate change is not happening. Climate change denial activist organizations and individuals don't count.

Since you have never been able to do that then you have lost the debate. Game over.

I don't expect you to change your mind. The die hard flat earthers will stand by their unscientific claims till the end.
          Some will even go as far as to kill themselves in a homemade rocket. Logic and evidence in the face of over whelming evidence mean nothing to people like this.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	4C0E32FF-41FB-401C-9E7F-B751125CBD31.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	6.6 KB
ID:	769730
          Na , na , na, na
          Justine is my lord and my god

Comment

Cherry pick your data...

Name:	007.jpg
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	769731

Name:	008.jpg
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	769732

Name:	039.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	769733

Name:	039.JPG
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	769733

Name:	020.jpg
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	769734

Name:	036.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	769735

Comment

More yet...

Name:	IMG_6230.JPG
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	769736

Name:	CO2.jpg
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	769737

Name:	3m3u31.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	769738

Comment

Here is what amazes me Chuck, during the pandemic we have reduced our consumption of fossil fuels by 30%, shut down 90% of our air travel, drastically reduced passenger vehicle usage, electricity usage has went down roughly 10% but environmentalists say it is just a drop in the bucket and not sustainable. So in your world Chuck, you call us flat earth earthers instead of telling how we realistically can reach net zero. For every megawatt of renewable electricity generation you need a megawatt of either hydro, nuclear or fossil fuel generation to create electricity when it is dark and calm. If shutting down half of our society is just a drop in the bucket what is your solution? In my opinion renewables are certainly not the answer and that is what environmentalists are fixated on, when they come out with a realistic and doable plan I will support it, until then my opinions won’t change!!

One other question Chuck, is there any place in the world where windmills and solar panels are manufactured where the sole source of energy used in their manufacture is wind and solar?!?!

Comment

These windmills ☝️??

Comment

Classic Chuckchuck post. Checks all the boxes:
                    Call on the unquestionable authority of experts, Check
                    Confusion of consensus with science, check.
                    Pronounce all sources that don't agree with his views as unworthy, check.
                    Make the ridiculous accusation that anyone would deny that humans are having an influence on our climate(we have covered the various undeniable impacts on here before), check.
                    Mandatory derogatory flat earth comment, check.
                    Making outlandish (and so conveniently all encompassing as to be meaningless) claims, then incorrectly expecting that it is someone else's responsibility to disprove them, check.
                    Denigrate the intellect of all farmers, regardless of education, background or IQ, as being too stupid understand. ( Not hard to understand how you came to that conclusion after continually reveal your complete ignorance of even basic math and scientific principles) Check
                    Then declare yourself judge jury and executioner, and crown yourself winner under the kindergarten logic of I'm right, so you're wrong. Check
                    Only things missing are repeated inappropriate uses of the word believe in the context of science, and ending something that isn't the slightest bit funny with LOL or LMAO.
                    I really should just write your responses for you, they are cookie cutter every time.

Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; May 24, 2020, 18:07.

Comment

https://www.heartland.org/news-opinion/news/how-al-gore-built-the-global-warming-fraud

Comment

Still No one can come up with a scientific organization that says that human caused climate change isn’t happening? What a surprise. LMAO
                        Last edited by chuckChuck; May 25, 2020, 06:36.

Comment

Still No one can come up with a scientific organization that says that human caused global warming isn’t happening? What surprise. LMAO
                          Now you are back to global warming, what happened to climate change? I think you are a few catch phrases behind the cool kids.
                          Because the definition makes all the difference. There is undeniable evidence of human caused climate change on many scales, and by many measures and definitions, thanks to planting crops, deforestation, urbanization, pollution/particulates in the air, dams, irrigation, desertification, etc etc. Whereas global warming is a very specific and definable metric. Could you please be more consistent and confirm which you want to prove? Because if you are willing to narrow it down to just warming, rather than the meaningless catch-all of climate change then it becomes a much easier job.

Edit, good to see you got the LMAO after a statement that wasn't the slightest bit funny, you had me concerned that you had lost your sense of humor when you forgot it in the last post. Now you just need to discuss you belief system to make it complete.
                          Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; May 24, 2020, 18:04.

Comment

Chucky can't dismiss all the charts I posted as FAKE? Aw come on try harder!

Comment

Chuck are you still looking for your fix-it hat, if you can't find it you could borrow Katherine Mckenna's as hers has rarely been used.

You can''t use Justin's because he took his to India with his costume and left it there with his credibility.

Comment

I've never been able to authenticate that 97% survey.

Can you post that up for us Chuck?

It's referenced in millions of articles but I have never seen a link.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.