The coronavirus doesn’t spread easily through contaminated surfaces

Commodity Marketing

Tools

The coronavirus doesn’t spread easily through contaminated surfaces

May 22, 2020 | 12:14 31 The death rate and the imposed economic and societal lockdown response is the issue with the Wu-flu, aka Kung-flu, aka Chinese Virus.

I don’t hear much about this other pandemic:
Reply With Quote
May 22, 2020 | 12:55 32
Quote Originally Posted by tweety View Post
And if that's too difficult to understand, it means HCQ did nothing, except people had more heart problems and died because of it a bit more from taking it.
Can you provide some survival stats for people with stage 4 cancer taking chemotherapy?

That's what the fools in the medical research community studied regarding HCQ. Giving it to people once the viral load has reached its apex. If course it doesn't fing work at that stage. Just like Penicillin wont work on a bacterial infection if you treat it too late. Have you never had an infection that they had to switch to a stronger medication halfway in? Happens all the time and yes people still die from bacterial infections.

HCQ meant to be taken early in the diagnosis or even as a prophylactic because it interferes with replication. Any numbskull can figure out the time to fight such a disease is when that phase is just starting out.

But not our ivory tower big pharma eggheads because they want remdesivir out there because its $1000 for a round, not $5.
Last edited by jazz; May 22, 2020 at 13:28.
Reply With Quote

  • May 22, 2020 | 16:41 33 Jazz=Q!! They are looking for you. Reply With Quote
    May 22, 2020 | 18:06 34
    Quote Originally Posted by jazz View Post
    Can you provide some survival stats for people with stage 4 cancer taking chemotherapy?

    That's what the fools in the medical research community studied regarding HCQ. Giving it to people once the viral load has reached its apex. If course it doesn't fing work at that stage. Just like Penicillin wont work on a bacterial infection if you treat it too late. Have you never had an infection that they had to switch to a stronger medication halfway in? Happens all the time and yes people still die from bacterial infections.

    HCQ meant to be taken early in the diagnosis or even as a prophylactic because it interferes with replication. Any numbskull can figure out the time to fight such a disease is when that phase is just starting out.

    But not our ivory tower big pharma eggheads because they want remdesivir out there because its $1000 for a round, not $5.
    You're such an idiot. Reply With Quote
    May 22, 2020 | 18:13 35 Jazz I take it you volunteered and better yet volunteer your kids for rhe quick study for a vaccine. Or since you think it’s fake just volunteer and get it with no treatment.
    If it gets bad make sure you have a gallon of Lysol or 2. Just in case. Lmao. Reply With Quote
    May 22, 2020 | 19:41 36 https://youtu.be/2DDXG-dHugc Reply With Quote
    May 22, 2020 | 22:27 37
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckChuck View Post
    Doug Ford has a message for the Covid skeptics and conspiracy therorists. “ you are a bunch of yahoos!”
    Damn, it bugs me when you ignore some one and his deranged comments slip through the crack. SCREAM Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes


  • May 23, 2020 | 05:30 38
    Quote Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
    https://youtu.be/2DDXG-dHugc
    Great find. Kind of tired of some of my PC sibling's gatherings anyway so I'[m circulating it to them.

    This vid deserves easiest access possible -





    WARNING: If you are a MSM beleiver, it will make your head explode. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • May 23, 2020 | 06:39 39 I dub this good entertainment -



    Reply With Quote
    May 23, 2020 | 07:38 40 If the hydrooxychloroquine is so dangerous why are rh suffers on it.I have taken 400 mg a day for over 15 years.maybe its a no profit drug you think Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • fjlip's Avatar May 23, 2020 | 07:43 41 Yes virtue signal, totally ineffective, like keeping mosquitoes out with a chain link fence! Even N95 lets 5% of virus in...now what? Reply With Quote
    May 23, 2020 | 11:09 42 However, just to be safe, you may want to carry this amazing product in your purse - or your murse, whichever suits your type:



    Reply With Quote
    May 27, 2020 | 08:40 43 Some people on this forum ( I won't mention any names ) have a very narrow view of the world.
    Just because the coronavirus doesn't doesn't affect you personally, doesn't mean that it is a bogus and inconsequential issue that should be ignored … or that its "fake"
    Have governments and decision makers responded perfectly to this situation? Probably not.
    But should they have ignored the threat completely and done nothing?
    I think some of the attitudes expressed on this site would change dramatically if they were viewed from a different perspective.
    What if you had an 90 year old parent in a long term care home in Ontario or Quebec?
    What if you had a son a daughter working as a federal meat inspector for CFIA?
    What if your wife was a healthcare worker who got infected?
    What if your family was trying to make a living in the feedlot industry?
    What if you were an immigrant who was working in an infected meat plant to support your family?
    The point is, it's all about perspective.
    Look beyond your own circumstances and try to think for a minute about what other people are going through.
    Spending billions of dollars to keep elderly people alive might seem like a stupid economic decision to you.
    But remember, one day you'll be 85 years old yourself. And when you are, your views on the importance of protecting the elderly from a potentially deadly virus will probably be a bit different than they are today.
    Old age is not a legitimate reason to write off members of an entire generation — a generation that helped to build this country.
    If you think spending money to prolong life expectancy is such a bad idea, then get yourself elected and run on a platform of dismantling the public healthcare system. Just think of how much money you could save (that's sarcasm, in case you didn't recognize it).
    Some incredibly selfish, narrow and dangerous views on display on this forum, presumably motivated by greed and egotism. In some cases, bordering on naziism.
    And in case you are wondering, no, I don't vote Liberal or NDP. Reply With Quote

  • May 27, 2020 | 09:13 44
    Quote Originally Posted by HITTGrapevine View Post
    Some people on this forum ( I won't mention any names ) have a very narrow view of the world.
    Just because the coronavirus doesn't doesn't affect you personally, doesn't mean that it is a bogus and inconsequential issue that should be ignored … or that its "fake"
    Have governments and decision makers responded perfectly to this situation? Probably not.
    But should they have ignored the threat completely and done nothing?
    I think some of the attitudes expressed on this site would change dramatically if they were viewed from a different perspective.
    What if you had an 90 year old parent in a long term care home in Ontario or Quebec?
    What if you had a son a daughter working as a federal meat inspector for CFIA?
    What if your wife was a healthcare worker who got infected?
    What if your family was trying to make a living in the feedlot industry?
    What if you were an immigrant who was working in an infected meat plant to support your family?
    The point is, it's all about perspective.
    Look beyond your own circumstances and try to think for a minute about what other people are going through.
    Spending billions of dollars to keep elderly people alive might seem like a stupid economic decision to you.
    But remember, one day you'll be 85 years old yourself. And when you are, your views on the importance of protecting the elderly from a potentially deadly virus will probably be a bit different than they are today.
    Old age is not a legitimate reason to write off members of an entire generation — a generation that helped to build this country.
    If you think spending money to prolong life expectancy is such a bad idea, then get yourself elected and run on a platform of dismantling the public healthcare system. Just think of how much money you could save (that's sarcasm, in case you didn't recognize it).
    Some incredibly selfish, narrow and dangerous views on display on this forum, presumably motivated by greed and egotism. In some cases, bordering on naziism.
    And in case you are wondering, no, I don't vote Liberal or NDP.
    Allow me to provide some direct answers to the questions you posed:

    My parents are both gone, so cannot speak to that. However, as a mid-sixty year old with compromised respiratory system, I say that I would be extremely selfish to try to extend my own life at the cost of my children's' and my grandchildren's future well-being.

    I have a daughter who happens to be the primary Covid response coordinator in the hospital where she works - what's your question??

    Spending billions and sacrificing my progeny's future to keep 90 year-olds alive?? What's your question??

    Sacrificing a generation of 75 - 95 year olds is too much to endure? Did anyone ask the 16 -30 year olds if enlisting and walking into German machine gun nests was too much to ask? And then telling veterans that "they are asking for more than we can give..." - they knew who the real Nazis were/are.

    The road to socialist hell is paved with "what ifs" such as you listed. And there is a shade of gray where it becomes difficult to distinguish between sarcasm and sheer stupidity, so thanks for the heads up.

    Your post typifies the kind of thinking that will indelibly mark our boomer generation as the most selfish, entitled and greedy generation of privileged pricks that ever walked the face of this earth.

    And if it prevails, you might as well vote for the pretty hair and themed sock and welcome to a Liberal hell.

    Name:  flames.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  32.1 KB
    Last edited by burnt; May 27, 2020 at 09:17.
    Reply With Quote

  • May 27, 2020 | 09:29 45 @vivian Bercovici
    @VivianBercovici
    ·
    21h
    I don't doubt your sincerity for a moment @fordnation
    . It is gut wrenching. My mom is in a good LTC facility. Today is her 92nd birthday. She has not been permitted outdoor walks since mid March. There is no reason her mental and physical health needs could not be accommodated.
    Vivian Bercovici
    @VivianBercovici
    And done so safely and responsibly. All Canadians but the elderly are permitted outdoors. It's cruel, inhuman and I've been tweeting you and others directly about this. Fixes are easy. Despair and isolation will kill her before Covid does. "This is no life." My mom said that. Reply With Quote
    May 27, 2020 | 10:02 46
    Quote Originally Posted by burnt View Post
    @vivian Bercovici
    @VivianBercovici
    ·
    21h
    I don't doubt your sincerity for a moment @fordnation
    . It is gut wrenching. My mom is in a good LTC facility. Today is her 92nd birthday. She has not been permitted outdoor walks since mid March. There is no reason her mental and physical health needs could not be accommodated.
    Vivian Bercovici
    @VivianBercovici
    And done so safely and responsibly. All Canadians but the elderly are permitted outdoors. It's cruel, inhuman and I've been tweeting you and others directly about this. Fixes are easy. Despair and isolation will kill her before Covid does. "This is no life." My mom said that.
    Couldnt agree more that keeping our elderly cooped up inside in unsanitary conditions is inhumane and wrong.
    Thats a problem that would not exist if we were more committed to ensuring their well-being, staffing homes properly and equipping them with better facilities.
    That doesnt happen for free. Someone has to pay, be it the families themselves or our society, as a whole. Reply With Quote
    May 27, 2020 | 11:19 47
    Quote Originally Posted by burnt View Post
    Allow me to provide some direct answers to the questions you posed:

    My parents are both gone, so cannot speak to that. However, as a mid-sixty year old with compromised respiratory system, I say that I would be extremely selfish to try to extend my own life at the cost of my children's' and my grandchildren's future well-being.

    I have a daughter who happens to be the primary Covid response coordinator in the hospital where she works - what's your question??

    Spending billions and sacrificing my progeny's future to keep 90 year-olds alive?? What's your question??

    Sacrificing a generation of 75 - 95 year olds is too much to endure? Did anyone ask the 16 -30 year olds if enlisting and walking into German machine gun nests was too much to ask? And then telling veterans that "they are asking for more than we can give..." - they knew who the real Nazis were/are...
    Covid is not just killing 90 year olds. The steps taken were not just to protect elderly. The major reason was to ensure the health system did not collapse. On another thread I posted the following:
    CANADA’S HEALTH CARE WORKERS WHO HAVE DIED OF COVID-19
    As of May 1, 2020 a list of health care workers in Canada who have died of Covid19. Tell their families it was just the flu. We expect health care workers to treat the sick but then reward them by down playing the seriousness of this disease.

    Agary Akaekpuchionwa, personal support worker (CUPE), Ottawa, ON
    Arlene Reid, 51, personal support worker (SEIU Healthcare), Peel Region, ON
    Brian Beattie, 57, registered nurse (ONA/CFNU), London, ON
    Christine Mandegarian, 54, personal support worker (SEIU Healthcare), Scarborough, ON
    Laurence Ménard, 33, social worker (APTS), Drummondville, QC
    Leonard Rodriques, 61, personal support worker (Unifor), Toronto, ON
    Marcelin François, 40, personal support worker, Montréal, QC
    Marina Thenor, 45, orderly, Montreal, QC
    Sharon Roberts, 59, personal support worker (SEIU Healthcare), Toronto, ON
    Stéphanie Tessier, 31, personal support worker (union for health care workers in the Laurentians), Saint-Jérôme, QC
    Unknown name, 58, environmental services worker (CUPE), Brampton, ON
    Unknown name, personal support worker (CUPE), Ottawa, ON
    Unknown name, residence administrative support (SQEES), Montreal, QC
    Victoria Salvan, 64, orderly (CUPE), Montreal, QC
    Warlito Valdez, 47, residential support worker, Richmond, BC

    ABC NEWS May 27,2020 "3:32 a.m.: COVID-19 cases among US health care workers top 62,000
    More than 62,000 doctors, nurses and other health care professionals in the United States have contracted the novel coronavirus and at least 291 have died, according to data released Tuesday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
    The true numbers may be much higher, as less than a quarter of the more than 1.3 million people whose data the CDC analyzed disclosed whether they worked in the health care industry. Moreover, out of the estimated 62,344 cases of COVID-19 among health care personnel in the country, death status was only available for about 57%.

    The number of reported COVID-19 cases in the profession was at 9,282 just six weeks ago. At that time, the median age of infected workers was 42 and nearly three-quarters were women.
    Although most weren't hospitalized for the disease, severe outcomes -- including death -- were reported among all age groups. That information was not made available in the CDC's latest report.



    And the only reply to my post was from 15444 who posted: "...So just like soldiers, they (health care workers) are expendable...."

    Just wondering Burnt - Do you agree? Do you consider your daughter to be expendable? Is the death of a health care worker who contracts Covid from a patient any less noble than that of the death of a soldier in a war? At least in a war there are less people running around claiming the war is a hoax and the risk is minimal.
    Last edited by dmlfarmer; May 27, 2020 at 12:33.
    Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • May 27, 2020 | 15:36 48 Why should we kill so many to give the next generation more of everything they don't need? The me generation does not need more trips around the world and more cottages. We may come out poorer but maybe healthier with less eating at restaurants. Reply With Quote
    May 28, 2020 | 08:02 49 Reply With Quote
    May 28, 2020 | 09:23 50
    Quote Originally Posted by HITTGrapevine View Post
    Some people on this forum ( I won't mention any names ) have a very narrow view of the world.
    Just because the coronavirus doesn't doesn't affect you personally, doesn't mean that it is a bogus and inconsequential issue that should be ignored … or that its "fake"
    Have governments and decision makers responded perfectly to this situation? Probably not.
    But should they have ignored the threat completely and done nothing?
    I think some of the attitudes expressed on this site would change dramatically if they were viewed from a different perspective.
    What if you had an 90 year old parent in a long term care home in Ontario or Quebec?
    What if you had a son a daughter working as a federal meat inspector for CFIA?
    What if your wife was a healthcare worker who got infected?
    What if your family was trying to make a living in the feedlot industry?
    What if you were an immigrant who was working in an infected meat plant to support your family?
    The point is, it's all about perspective.
    Look beyond your own circumstances and try to think for a minute about what other people are going through.
    Spending billions of dollars to keep elderly people alive might seem like a stupid economic decision to you.
    But remember, one day you'll be 85 years old yourself. And when you are, your views on the importance of protecting the elderly from a potentially deadly virus will probably be a bit different than they are today.
    Old age is not a legitimate reason to write off members of an entire generation — a generation that helped to build this country.
    If you think spending money to prolong life expectancy is such a bad idea, then get yourself elected and run on a platform of dismantling the public healthcare system. Just think of how much money you could save (that's sarcasm, in case you didn't recognize it).
    Some incredibly selfish, narrow and dangerous views on display on this forum, presumably motivated by greed and egotism. In some cases, bordering on naziism.
    And in case you are wondering, no, I don't vote Liberal or NDP.
    Do you have a narrow view of the world? You forgot to point out the negative effects of a lockdown.

    We all want 0 deaths to occur during this Chinese virus but what is the best way to deal with it is the question. The point of “flattening the curve” is to not overload the healthcare system not eradicate the virus and lockdown society until there is a vaccine.)

    You fail to mention negative effects of a lockdowns such as:
    -Unemployment (Which increase suicides)
    -Business bankruptcies, many won’t reopen now.
    -Depression
    -Murders (Crazy people are no longer getting counseling and convicts are being released from prison)
    -A generation of lazy 15-30 year olds who would rather collect $2000 at home than go to work.
    -Cancelled surgeries, heart/pacemaker surgeries and cancer treatments which hurt old people disproportionately
    -Debt. Trudeau is going to run $250-300 billion deficit this year, every province will lose billions.

    You accuse people of having a narrow view of the world but seem to not factor in the consequences and hardship currently going on. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • May 28, 2020 | 10:30 51
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliver88 View Post
    Do you have a narrow view of the world? You forgot to point out the negative effects of a lockdown.

    We all want 0 deaths to occur during this Chinese virus but what is the best way to deal with it is the question. The point of “flattening the curve” is to not overload the healthcare system not eradicate the virus and lockdown society until there is a vaccine.)

    You fail to mention negative effects of a lockdowns such as:
    -Unemployment (Which increase suicides)
    -Business bankruptcies, many won’t reopen now.
    -Depression
    -Murders (Crazy people are no longer getting counseling and convicts are being released from prison)
    -A generation of lazy 15-30 year olds who would rather collect $2000 at home than go to work.
    -Cancelled surgeries, heart/pacemaker surgeries and cancer treatments which hurt old people disproportionately
    -Debt. Trudeau is going to run $250-300 billion deficit this year, every province will lose billions.

    You accuse people of having a narrow view of the world but seem to not factor in the consequences and hardship currently going on.
    While I have tried to highlight that this flu is serious and the restrictions were good, there is the other side of the issue. That is that there is no vaccine and there is not even a highly effective medication to fight it.

    So, you live with it. Once new cases are less than 1% of daily total tests you have to think that you have a handle on this thing. Fight it, contain it, and move on.
    We have been dealing with hantavirus which is much more lethal for years.
    *I should add that hantavirus is apparently not contagious.
    Last edited by farming101; May 28, 2020 at 10:45.
    Reply With Quote

  • May 28, 2020 | 21:13 52
    Quote Originally Posted by HITTGrapevine View Post
    Couldnt agree more that keeping our elderly cooped up inside in unsanitary conditions is inhumane and wrong.
    Thats a problem that would not exist if we were more committed to ensuring their well-being, staffing homes properly and equipping them with better facilities.
    That doesnt happen for free. Someone has to pay, be it the families themselves or our society, as a whole.
    well Sask has done a pretty good job on the nursing home front
    for a bunch of red neck knuckle dragging racist rednecks ?
    isn't that what toronto , quebec calls us ??
    saw a woman crying on libtard newscast news about inhumane conditions at her fathers nursing home in keebek ????? excuse me, where the ***-k has she been for the last 5 years he was in there ?????
    if one of my parents were living like that ,they wouldn't be
    maybe its time these useless pricks wake up ? Reply With Quote

  • May 28, 2020 | 22:26 53 Jason Kenney is in trouble for stating what is becoming the obvious:

    In a legislature debate on the pandemic Wednesday, Premier Jason Kenney stressed that the disease has a low mortality rate among young people, and a high rate for those over 80.

    “The average age of death from COVID in Alberta is 83, and I’ll remind the house that the average life expectancy in the province is 82,” he said.

    I’m not sure what to make of that, but it suggests that if you make it to 83 before dying of COVID-19 you’ve already beaten the odds, so, congratulations.

    Kenney went on about the age split:

    “In Canada, 95 per cent of fatalities from COVID are from those over the age of 60, 80 per cent are in care facilities, and the risk of death from COVID for people under 65 is 0.006 per cent.

    also:

    He added that while there will be more outbreaks, hospitalizations and deaths, “I challenge our public health experts and our officials to ensure that our policy response is predicated on protecting the most vulnerable in the strongest and most discrete ways possible.”


    “Perhaps the most important strategy as we move forward is building a wall of defense around the most vulnerable, seniors in particular.”



    0.006 per cent and we are waiting for a vaccine?
    Last edited by shtferbrains; May 28, 2020 at 22:33.
    Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes


  • May 29, 2020 | 06:16 54 It's not just about the death rate. An uncontrolled pandemic would overwhelm the health care system, run rampant through nursing homes, shut down many workplaces anyway, causing just as much disruption or more than what we have now. Quebec has seen 40 cases of covid in their school system since reopening.

    Just think how much work gets done when you have a flu.

    "Coronavirus has killed almost 16,000 people in Lombardy and infected more than 87,000 – the highest number per capita in Italy. By comparison, just next door in Piedmont and Veneto, the disease has killed 3,838 and 1,898 people, respectively, as of Thursday. Even as the number of deaths and infections subside, Lombardy still glaringly stands out from the other 19 Italian regions in the daily figures."

    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/29/why-was-lombardy-hit-harder-covid-19-than-italys-other-regions Reply With Quote
    May 29, 2020 | 06:23 55
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckChuck View Post
    It's not just about the death rate. An uncontrolled pandemic would overwhelm the health care system, run rampant through nursing homes, shut down many workplaces anyway, causing just as much disruption or more than what we have now. Quebec has seen 40 cases of covid in their school system since reopening.

    Just think how much work gets done when you have a flu.

    "Coronavirus has killed almost 16,000 people in Lombardy and infected more than 87,000 – the highest number per capita in Italy. By comparison, just next door in Piedmont and Veneto, the disease has killed 3,838 and 1,898 people, respectively, as of Thursday. Even as the number of deaths and infections subside, Lombardy still glaringly stands out from the other 19 Italian regions in the daily figures."

    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/29/why-was-lombardy-hit-harder-covid-19-than-italys-other-regions
    Ever ask why such a hot spot ?? Reply With Quote
    May 29, 2020 | 06:41 56
    Quote Originally Posted by furrowtickler View Post
    Ever ask why such a hot spot ??
    Quebec has one of the highest Covid death rates in the world which is mainly concentrated in Montreal senior citizen LTC units. They need to focus on keeping these vulnerable people virus free. Reply With Quote
    May 29, 2020 | 08:11 57 Case, there has not been a public nursing home built in Regina since the seventies. At one in the south end, there were mice running around - mouse traps behind the beds. Staff said there were mice in the sugar and oatmeal in the kitchen. I called public health. What came of it? Who knows, my mother has moved up to decent care. Reply With Quote
    fjlip's Avatar May 29, 2020 | 13:16 58 Kenny is correct, more evidence and data coming out, looks more like a SCAM everyday...
    Lots of reading here, data overload, peer review for us CC!

    https://swprs.org/a-swiss-doctor-on-covid-19/ Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • May 29, 2020 | 13:30 59
    Quote Originally Posted by sumdumguy View Post
    Case, there has not been a public nursing home built in Regina since the seventies. At one in the south end, there were mice running around - mouse traps behind the beds. Staff said there were mice in the sugar and oatmeal in the kitchen. I called public health. What came of it? Who knows, my mother has moved up to decent care.
    we sure are lucky in the rural then , have a real good one here Reply With Quote
    May 29, 2020 | 15:04 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
    The death rate and the imposed economic and societal lockdown response is the issue with the Wu-flu, aka Kung-flu, aka Chinese Virus.

    I don’t hear much about this other pandemic:

    Already a cure for that, it's called a condom. Too stupid to use one, then you're too stupid to live. Reply With Quote