Unifor

Commodity Marketing

Tools

Unifor

May 19, 2020 | 11:38 1 Apparently Unifor has the bulk fuel plant in Elfros blocked today. Reply With Quote
fjlip's Avatar May 19, 2020 | 12:58 2 Breadwinner check out the Elfros Cardlock, maybe take a few RCMP along. You must need fuel. Reply With Quote
May 19, 2020 | 16:46 3 Name:  20200519_135459.jpg
Views: 1304
Size:  93.6 KB

Name:  20200519_135546(0).jpg
Views: 1303
Size:  93.6 KBName:  20200519_135606.jpg
Views: 1301
Size:  95.8 KB

One police car,they brought their own security guards, mostly Alberta Plates.
was picking stones ,but figure they will still be here when i get back. so went for a drive. Reply With Quote
May 19, 2020 | 16:57 4 I phoned our fuel guy, they are letting him pass after a 23 minute delay. If it goes too long we will go and move them off. Reply With Quote
May 19, 2020 | 16:58 5 Could use our septic tank pumped out to fertilizer around the plant Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes


  • May 19, 2020 | 17:24 6 Name:  20200519_135639.jpg
Views: 1276
Size:  93.2 KB

    talked to this fella after we all got done taking pictures of each other. kinda gruff like his boss but mellowed when i mentioned Justin and the vest.
    Last edited by 6V53; May 19, 2020 at 22:35.
    Reply With Quote
    May 19, 2020 | 18:00 7 Haven't these tards figured out they need a new union? It's been a complete clusterfcck from the start. They aren't going to get what they want and the public thinks they are a bunch of greedy asholes. Reply With Quote
  • 3 Likes


  • May 19, 2020 | 21:10 8 I hope 1/3 to half the FCC refinery employees see a pink slip when this is over. Obviously don't need them all. Place is still operating without all of them now. I wonder what the gas pump attendants get paid to pump gas, check oil and wash windows.....and if they have any sympathy for their rich "relatives" with their gold plated pensions, benefits package and lofty salaries.

    NO ONE IS INDESPENEIBLE...... Unifor needs to be taught that lesson.

    The longer the Union is out on strike, the more qualified the replacement workers become.

    Who knows what was happening behind the scenes, if job action or working at a snail's pace wasn't happening and Federated needed to put their foot down to up hold the integrity of the operation and maintain production and safety.....and lock them out.
    Last edited by farmaholic; May 19, 2020 at 21:25.
    Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes


  • May 19, 2020 | 21:37 9
    Quote Originally Posted by farmaholic View Post
    I hope 1/3 to half the FCC refinery employees see a pink slip when this is over. Obviously don't need them all. Place is still operating without all of them now. I wonder what the gas pump attendants get paid to pump gas, check oil and wash windows.....and if they have any sympathy for their rich "relatives" with their gold plated pensions, benefits package and lofty salaries.

    NO ONE IS INDESPENEIBLE...... Unifor needs to be taught that lesson.

    The longer the Union is out on strike, the more qualified the replacement workers become.

    Who knows what was happening behind the scenes, if job action or working at a snail's pace wasn't happening and Federated needed to put their foot down to up hold the integrity of the operation and maintain production and safety.....and lock them out.
    FCL doesn’t need Unifor as well. Apparently the refinery is more productive, safer, cleaner with a smaller non-unionized staff. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • fjlip's Avatar May 19, 2020 | 21:58 10 One HELL of a wake up call....NOBODY is essential and can be REPLACED! Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • May 19, 2020 | 22:04 11
    Quote Originally Posted by fjlip View Post
    One HELL of a wake up call....NOBODY is essential and can be REPLACED!
    Like I said in a previous post, it must be an awakening when they themselves realize they aren't needed, but it must be sobering when they realize their employer knows as well they're not needed. Reply With Quote
    May 19, 2020 | 22:21 12
    Quote Originally Posted by fjlip View Post
    One HELL of a wake up call....NOBODY is essential and can be REPLACED!
    This all started in the old days. Rail blockades and rampaging hereditary chiefs. You shouldn't kill the goose that laid the Golden egg. A lot of liberals are going to find that out the hard way.
    Last edited by 6V53; May 20, 2020 at 07:36.
    Reply With Quote
    May 19, 2020 | 23:04 13 When this strike is over it will be interesting to hear the word choice Mr. Jerry will use to put his spin on the outcome, words like, proud, determination, solidarity, united, and family.

    We'll see if he has been taking notes from our morning Ottawa orator. Reply With Quote
    May 20, 2020 | 00:15 14 With such a vitriol group, along with the illegal blockades and damage to trucks hauling out of the refinery,,, how can any of them expect to be hired back and allowed on refinery grounds,,, ever? Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes


  • May 20, 2020 | 10:25 15 The rumour is that if hired back they will be fired. You cant have terrorists running a refinery in a big city. Unifor 594 has done allot of illegal things during this strike and some employees have acquired a criminal record. Not the kink of people you need to trust in a hazardous workplace. Go get a new job at walmart Reply With Quote

  • May 20, 2020 | 12:42 16 I am not a union supporter but it is important to remember that the last few contracts have been signed by two parties...

    Cause and effect....maybe management should shoulder some blame in what they agreed to years ago...

    those contracts have an end date....people on both sides did not do their job in getting a new contract done by the end date.

    my two cents...

    AND the union doesnt set the price of fuel that we are being gouged on ... Reply With Quote
    LEP
    May 20, 2020 | 13:37 17
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadWinner View Post
    The rumour is that if hired back they will be fired. You cant have terrorists running a refinery in a big city. Unifor 594 has done allot of illegal things during this strike and some employees have acquired a criminal record. Not the kink of people you need to trust in a hazardous workplace. Go get a new job at walmart
    Exactly. They are due severance, but it will probably be cheaper to dump and rehire than have this crew running the place. Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes


  • May 21, 2020 | 16:26 18 Made a tour past the elfros Fuel depot several times today, about 30 picketers walking up and down the highway. Unifor security, federated security, 7 rcmp cruisers and officers. Lots of video taping going on. I complained to the rcmp member on site that we should be concerned about the covid spread with all these big city and alberta protestors in our community. He said they were letting health officials know but were not about to do anything. For f$&& sakes the rcmp broke up a Indian sun dance up in the north for having more than 10 people. Looks like a double standard to me. Our kids can’t even have a ball game without the cops breaking it up. Reply With Quote

  • May 21, 2020 | 22:10 19 why are the cops scared of these fu-k faced losers????????????????????????
    they are redundant POS assholes that are of no use anymore
    dont they know how stupid they look
    they need to research pineland co-op strike , to see what happens to someone that no-one needs Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes


  • May 26, 2020 | 00:35 20 So unifor blows up up a superb. And there is nothing in the news. Reply With Quote
    May 26, 2020 | 06:53 21 That's a bit of over exaggeration, but it looks like they did slash airbags and flattened tires with home made spike belts. Your right, the Global news article was dated Jan 1/2020 almost six months ago how come nobody ran with the story then. Unifor was pissed over a fake bomb threat, but they were actually doing things that literally put truckers lives at risk, time for them to go. Jerry Diaz just might pull a Jimmy Hoffa. Reply With Quote
    May 26, 2020 | 07:53 22
    Quote Originally Posted by Misterjade9 View Post
    That's a bit of over exaggeration, but it looks like they did slash airbags and flattened tires with home made spike belts. Your right, the Global news article was dated Jan 1/2020 almost six months ago how come nobody ran with the story then. Unifor was pissed over a fake bomb threat, but they were actually doing things that literally put truckers lives at risk, time for them to go. Jerry Diaz just might pull a Jimmy Hoffa.
    The front of the trailer is gone and there is nothing left of the truck. Reply With Quote
    AllisWD45's Avatar May 26, 2020 | 07:57 23 C...suckers set up at bulk plant north of Canora this morning. That’s close to chuck’s. At least they will have coffee and doughnuts delivered!!! Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • May 26, 2020 | 08:07 24 Shit, I didn't see that article are saying it was a bulker? Reply With Quote
    May 26, 2020 | 08:10 25 Fuel bulker I mean. Reply With Quote
    May 26, 2020 | 08:11 26 Where did this happen? Reply With Quote
    May 26, 2020 | 13:07 27 Your gonna have to provide me some who,what,where,when,why and how or I am calling BS on your claim, because there is absolutely nothing about it on the radio News. Reply With Quote
    fjlip's Avatar May 26, 2020 | 19:36 28 MSM can't bad mouth a union... Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • May 26, 2020 | 22:20 29
    Quote Originally Posted by Misterjade9 View Post
    Where did this happen?
    Regina. Reply With Quote
    May 26, 2020 | 22:44 30 Seriously if any one of these guys keep their job I will never buy a single thing from the co -op ever again .who do they think they are ??? Gods gift to the earth ?? Everyone is replaceable , in this situation with so many qualified workers ready to work What are they thinking???
    Last edited by furrowtickler; May 27, 2020 at 07:00.
    Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like