• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unifor

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unifor

Apparently Unifor has the bulk fuel plant in Elfros blocked today.

Breadwinner check out the Elfros Cardlock, maybe take a few RCMP along. You must need fuel.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200519_135459.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	769711

Name:	20200519_135546(0).jpg
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	769712Click image for larger version

Name:	20200519_135606.jpg
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	769713

One police car,they brought their own security guards, mostly Alberta Plates.
      was picking stones ,but figure they will still be here when i get back. so went for a drive.

Comment

I phoned our fuel guy, they are letting him pass after a 23 minute delay. If it goes too long we will go and move them off.

Comment

Could use our septic tank pumped out to fertilizer around the plant

Comment

Name:	20200519_135639.jpg
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	769714

talked to this fella after we all got done taking pictures of each other. kinda gruff like his boss but mellowed when i mentioned Justin and the vest.
            Last edited by 6V53; May 19, 2020, 22:35.

Comment

Haven't these tards figured out they need a new union? It's been a complete clusterfcck from the start. They aren't going to get what they want and the public thinks they are a bunch of greedy asholes.

Comment

I hope 1/3 to half the FCC refinery employees see a pink slip when this is over. Obviously don't need them all. Place is still operating without all of them now. I wonder what the gas pump attendants get paid to pump gas, check oil and wash windows.....and if they have any sympathy for their rich "relatives" with their gold plated pensions, benefits package and lofty salaries.

NO ONE IS INDESPENEIBLE...... Unifor needs to be taught that lesson.

The longer the Union is out on strike, the more qualified the replacement workers become.

Who knows what was happening behind the scenes, if job action or working at a snail's pace wasn't happening and Federated needed to put their foot down to up hold the integrity of the operation and maintain production and safety.....and lock them out.
                Last edited by farmaholic; May 19, 2020, 21:25.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                  I hope 1/3 to half the FCC refinery employees see a pink slip when this is over. Obviously don't need them all. Place is still operating without all of them now. I wonder what the gas pump attendants get paid to pump gas, check oil and wash windows.....and if they have any sympathy for their rich "relatives" with their gold plated pensions, benefits package and lofty salaries.

NO ONE IS INDESPENEIBLE...... Unifor needs to be taught that lesson.

The longer the Union is out on strike, the more qualified the replacement workers become.

Who knows what was happening behind the scenes, if job action or working at a snail's pace wasn't happening and Federated needed to put their foot down to up hold the integrity of the operation and maintain production and safety.....and lock them out.
                  FCL doesn’t need Unifor as well. Apparently the refinery is more productive, safer, cleaner with a smaller non-unionized staff.

Comment

One HELL of a wake up call....NOBODY is essential and can be REPLACED!

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                      Like I said in a previous post, it must be an awakening when they themselves realize they aren't needed, but it must be sobering when they realize their employer knows as well they're not needed.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                        This all started in the old days. Rail blockades and rampaging hereditary chiefs. You shouldn't kill the goose that laid the Golden egg. A lot of liberals are going to find that out the hard way.
                        Last edited by 6V53; May 20, 2020, 07:36.

Comment

When this strike is over it will be interesting to hear the word choice Mr. Jerry will use to put his spin on the outcome, words like, proud, determination, solidarity, united, and family.

We'll see if he has been taking notes from our morning Ottawa orator.

Comment

With such a vitriol group, along with the illegal blockades and damage to trucks hauling out of the refinery,,, how can any of them expect to be hired back and allowed on refinery grounds,,, ever?

Comment

The rumour is that if hired back they will be fired. You cant have terrorists running a refinery in a big city. Unifor 594 has done allot of illegal things during this strike and some employees have acquired a criminal record. Not the kink of people you need to trust in a hazardous workplace. Go get a new job at walmart

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.