• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rain All Around

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rain All Around

Satellite shows systems surrounding us. How can the SZe wind blow like the devil for 2 days and not bring rain Farma. Get that darn flax in nice and shallow. 👍

Sprayers will be busy after this rain ...

Comment

Wind is my nemesis.
      There won't be fire in my hell, it will be strong strong winds, relentless winds....day and night for eternity.
      I warned my kids that if they scatter my earthly ashes into the wind after I'm dead, I will haunt them forever from the hurricane hell where I'll be.....

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
        Wind is my nemesis.
        There won't be fire in my hell, it will be strong strong winds, relentless winds....day and night for eternity.
        I warned my kids that if they scatter my earthly ashes into the wind after I'm dead, I will haunt them forever from the hurricane hell where I'll be.....
        You gotta quit praying for blowjobs farma...

Comment

Clouds Precip misty half of one MM so far, it's looking just like 2019, NO measurable RAIN till June 21!
          Still hope, but forecast changes by the minute.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
            Clouds Precip misty half of one MM so far, it's looking just like 2019, NO measurable RAIN till June 21!
            Still hope, but forecast changes by the minute.
            True , in this day in age when they are predicting global warming catastrophe 5 years out but can’t predict the weather 1 to 3 days out it makes one scramble for thoughts lol

Comment

We just gotta be thankful we are not filling discers with 5- gallon pails. That ugly memory of winds swirling grain and fertilizer dust in our faces and eyes while viciously trying to rip us off the gang plank. Those were the days my friend, so glad they did end. Just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                We just gotta be thankful we are not filling discers with 5- gallon pails. That ugly memory of winds swirling grain and fertilizer dust in our faces and eyes while viciously trying to rip us off the gang plank. Those were the days my friend, so glad they did end. Just saying.
                Alot of farms were built on that practice and grandpappy's money was depreciated on the new iron....

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                  True , in this day in age when they are predicting global warming catastrophe 5 years out but can’t predict the weather 1 to 3 days out it makes one scramble for thoughts lol
                  Good example, liberal voters don't see a problem with a low accuracy rate on predictions a few days into the future, but believe the same people can predict with high accuracy years into the future.

When God was handing out logic, the liberals were in a meeting.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                    Now that brings back memories. Didn’t want too big of a field or you would have to fill every round.

Dad used to talk about having dry seed treatment that they sprinkled on top and mix by hand. He said they always had a snoot full at the end of the day.

Some of these young’ uns have no clue.

Comment

I did the discers thing but did have drill fills. Yup and that pink dust crap....
                      I'm really not that old am I?
                      Here's a good one, I remember fertilizer in bags. Can you imagine doing that with the amount we use and the acres we seed today. I was thinking that is why farms got so big, what took days to do on a quarter or half section years ago is measured in hours today.

Comment

Dad filled a 12' Press drill with grain scoop and fertilizer with bags pulled with 730 JD. Seeded 800 acres or so. Usually on 16 gallons of diesel per day, 5 cents a litre stuff. A few years later Neighbor did same with a 4020 open station and 16' press drill, 1500 acres by himself. That was work! In sun and wind and DIRT! Plus hearing loss. Don't despair, Dad still here at 97. We do SFA labor today, mostly head work.
                        Last edited by fjlip; May 18, 2020, 22:31.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                          I did the discers thing but did have drill fills. Yup and that pink dust crap....
                          I'm really not that old am I?
                          Here's a good one, I remember fertilizer in bags. Can you imagine doing that with the amount we use and the acres we seed today. I was thinking that is why farms got so big, what took days to do on a quarter or half section years ago is measured in hours today.
                          But .... how in hell did it all get done ?

Comment

Yes remember goin to the wheat pool
                            Loading 50 lb bags by hand and then dumping them in the seed rite , a 13 foot

Comment

There is no humidity around. Its like Arizona around here. Hot in the daytime and gets cold right after sundown, almost freeze over night.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.