• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rain All Around

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
    5-10, maybe 3 years from now, we will dial in the field from our cel phone and the tractor will seed for 12 hours non-stop. Vive le square section, sans les sloughs.
    That would require cell service too ........ I strike out on all three counts. Back to old school seat time I guess😉

Comment

How many have good cell service at all your land locations?

Comment

We have cell every part of farm, Xplornet Satellite internet is EXTREMELY variable. Wireless line of sight is much better. Shelter belt ruins line of sight!

Comment

You guys must be sick of this but guaranteed you can't be as tired of it than I am.
          I don't know what it is about approaching rain(on radar imagery) that seems to dissipate before it reaches us.
          So disheartening to watch the system evaporate. Or churn 50-100 kms away but there seems to be an invisible wall holding it back or some giant "evaporator" that kills it before it can enter our area.

I need a real explanation.
          Sooner or later one has to reach us.
          We could use something already.
          Last year we had a third inch early to kick start things
          Last edited by farmaholic; May 26, 2020, 06:50.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
            You guys must be sick of this but guaranteed you can't be as tired of it than I am.
            I don't know what it is about approaching rain(on radar imagery) that seems to dissipate before it reaches us.
            So disheartening to watch the system evaporate. Or churn 50-100 kms away but there seems to be an invisible wall holding it back or some giant "evaporator" that kills it before it can enter our area.

You are one day closer to a rain....

Does that help?????

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
              You are one day closer to a rain....

Does that help?????
              A small consolation without a guarantee of when.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                Raining !
                Where???????????????

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                  Raining !
                  ........antagonizing. That's all.

Comment

It is the weird Regina Block. Dirty........

Comment

Raining here............. again So much for plans of hauling yearlings to grass today and possibly trying to plant some corn on some sandy ground. I guess we had a seeding window of five days with half the ground dry”ish” enough to seed in May and I should be happy with that.

The neighbourhood is in “next year country“ already. In between us and you dry guys there must be goldilocks farm where it’s just right.

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
                        Raining here............. again So much for plans of hauling yearlings to grass today and possibly trying to plant some corn on some sandy ground. I guess we had a seeding window of five days with half the ground dry”ish” enough to seed in May and I should be happy with that.

The neighbourhood is in “next year country“ already. In between us and you dry guys there must be goldilocks farm where it’s just right.
                        The Garden of Eden where SF3 farms....

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post

Know the feeling.

I've notched it up to river basins around here, but being that you're in the riverless ghetto, that one really doesnt hold up. Here at least, eastbound storms have a hell of a time getting over the Red Deer river. It seems to sheer them apart, or steer them south.

Perhaps we should check our lineage... Descendants of the great parter of seas Moses?

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
                            Know the feeling.

I've notched it up to river basins around here, but being that you're in the riverless ghetto, that one really doesnt hold up. Here at least, eastbound storms have a hell of a time getting over the Red Deer river. It seems to sheer them apart, or steer them south.

Perhaps we should check our lineage... Descendants of the great parter of seas Moses?
                            In spite of all my fretting it always seems to work out in the end, it's the journey to the final destination that isn't much fun sometimes.

Maybe its time for this comment again: "farming isn't for the faint of heart or anyone who knows better"

Comment

Dandelions sure like this weather.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                                Dandelions sure like this weather.
                                Not where preharvest Transorb was used or Prestige in wheat... near ZERO dandelions! Screwed up lots in 2019 but got that right?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...