• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rain All Around

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
    I'm really not that old am I?
    At least I never saw any field work done with horses!
    But we did have a cantankerous old nag that I hauled square bales to the cows with and hauled manure out of the barn to the field with using a stoneboat.

Yikes, I'm either older than I think or we were just real slow to adapt, lol.
    Anyone want to challenge my deserved right to have new machinery.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
      There is no humidity around. Its like Arizona around here. Hot in the daytime and gets cold right after sundown, almost freeze over night.
      There's a bit of standing water around the Ghetto but you could see them getting smaller the last couple of days.
      Jazz, we might have to wait for the usual June monsoon season in the Regina area, and then the thundershower lottery after that. Yup, bury hundreds of thousands of dollars and "hope" for the best! Only the insane....lol.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
        Yup, bury hundreds of thousands of dollars and "hope" for the best! Only the insane....lol.
        Yeah hoping for an earlier take on the canola. I seeded it a week earlier this year. Cant take another November harvest.

I told dad the real numbers of the fertilizer and the cost of the bags as they went into the drill. About 50 acres in I could see him shaking his head.

Comment

Had a neighbor who bragged he had windows before Bill Gates, referring to his tractor cab which was a game changer for all.

Comment

Sad part is that’s possible where our kids may be ....
            society want food security but expect it to come from peasants....
            Last edited by furrowtickler; May 19, 2020, 04:04.

Comment

They see this ...

But expect the same level of food security if we live like this ..

And like a few here get upset if we all are not the later. .....
              is what it is now a days

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                They see this ...

s
                Is that Jazz in number 25? Hard to get a good look 4 miles back

Iceman out

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                  We just gotta be thankful we are not filling discers with 5- gallon pails. That ugly memory of winds swirling grain and fertilizer dust in our faces and eyes while viciously trying to rip us off the gang plank. Those were the days my friend, so glad they did end. Just saying.
                  I still use a set of Massey 360's . Cheapest seeding tool on the farm. I don't fill them with pails however.

Comment

how about a set of JD 9350's. the thing would plug even if it looked at a knot of straw. when we got a 4430 with a/c I thought i'd died and gone to heaven.

Comment

Originally posted by iceman View Post
                      Is that Jazz in number 25? Hard to get a good look 4 miles back

Iceman out
                      The only certain thing about my farming career is I will never get to drive anything like that until I rent it all out and work for the neighbor.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                        The only certain thing about my farming career is I will never get to drive anything like that until I rent it all out and work for the neighbor.
                        You never know. I'm running equipment I could only dream about 10 years ago.
                        Im not sure how much longer u plan to farm but 10 years from now, one of those seeding rigs will be pretty cheap. It's amazing how fast the big stuff depreciates, big farms can't/won't run 10 yr old equipment

Comment

Originally posted by Maver View Post
                          Im not sure how much longer u plan to farm but 10 years from now, one of those seeding rigs will be pretty cheap. It's amazing how fast the big stuff depreciates, big farms can't/won't run 10 yr old equipment
                          Makes you wonder with all these 60+ foot drills and class 10 combines who will have enough ground to justify buying that big. It’d be nice to have a 60 footer and massive combine for 1500 acres but even used the cost of maintenance on top of large payments doesn’t pencil. Out my way large horsepower is needed to pull even 40 foot stuff so to make a jump up to even a 50 would require more tractor. Currently run a 40 foot machine and a 425 hp tractor and it’s a good combo. Anything much over 50 I’d need closer to 500 as most bigger units have bigger carts. Could do with a bit more combine power though.

Comment

Originally posted by Maver View Post
                            True but not all
                            One big farm in the area still runs 2 big ole 1150 Versy’s on their seed hawks . Still seed the same as a $700,000 new Quad .
                            Looks kinda cool watching those big ole girls out there

Comment

We worship the Steiger Tiger. Change oil every 2 years, charge the battery and not a stop- nada.

Comment

5-10, maybe 3 years from now, we will dial in the field from our cel phone and the tractor will seed for 12 hours non-stop. Vive le square section, sans les sloughs.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.