• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to deal with crop insurance

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to deal with crop insurance

So now that harvest is finally done and I to this day say on our farm was done last fall because of frost this is what's happening. We never had any canola off last fall because of no rain in spring, it all was established and finally rained end June. Of course was beautiful looking after rain but because of a month behind and no fricken sun all fall to finish it was pure green when frost hit or winter. So phoned Sask crop insurance and there was no way they come out till harvested. Wtf it's Froze solid green like everyone knows what happens to green plants! So now we have harvested it in spring and it was poor! Very poor worst shit canola I ever saw. Now samples taken in say poor# 3. It gray greens dry as hell.Every elevator says not interested at all because there to much shity stuff that's better but may not buy at any time.
    So since there are some bushels not sure exactly how Sask insurance comes up with there figures but they holy shit it ain't good! Now as far as I am concerned it's a Wipe out if can't sell?. So what's in bin is nothing should just dump in bush! How should a guy handle this?

Originally posted by Robertbarlage View Post
    So now that harvest is finally done and I to this day say on our farm was done last fall because of frost this is what's happening. We never had any canola off last fall because of no rain in spring, it all was established and finally rained end June. Of course was beautiful looking after rain but because of a month behind and no fricken sun all fall to finish it was pure green when frost hit or winter. So phoned Sask crop insurance and there was no way they come out till harvested. Wtf it's Froze solid green like everyone knows what happens to green plants! So now we have harvested it in spring and it was poor! Very poor worst shit canola I ever saw. Now samples taken in say poor# 3. It gray greens dry as hell.Every elevator says not interested at all because there to much shity stuff that's better but may not buy at any time.
    So since there are some bushels not sure exactly how Sask insurance comes up with there figures but they holy shit it ain't good! Now as far as I am concerned it's a Wipe out if can't sell?. So what's in bin is nothing should just dump in bush! How should a guy handle this?
    Grow another crop of canola....and blend it off. ...

Probes are farmers friend....

Comment

So they guaranty so many bushels at 10.66? That means nothing if you have nothing? Why

Comment

.....cancel contract.

wiseguy says they say and do anything to pay you less.

Not a smug or arrogant comment, but am I glad I don't need them or are forced to use them. That could change one day or wished I did have a contract but seems shitty to me....its insurance.

Comment

They weren't willing to give me a premium discount after 15 years of.AgStab numbers were used to calculate my own individual yeilds. They could see I would have likely never collected a dime....

The analysis and seeing I wouldnt have collected and no premium discount was enough to convince me to say screw it.

Everybody has to base their.decision on their own circumstances

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
            Don't waste time with appeal panels !
            I’ll second that.

When a panelist falls asleep in the middle of your presentation to AFSC it instills great confidence that your concerns are being heard and considered.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...