• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canola intra-day and daily charts....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canola intra-day and daily charts....

Is there any "technical" correlation between short(not sell) trends on an intra-day chart and movement on a daily futures price chart?

INTRA-DAY

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200423-065122.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	779364

DAILY

Name:	Screenshot_20200423-065224.jpg
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	779365

Does the activity on the intraday chart dictate movement on the daily going forward. When intraday has trouble maintaining upward momentum.......

If and when canola gets close to that $475 range again, I'm pricing the last 25%.

Can intra-day be used as a futures precursor?

Maybe the open-high-low-close of the daily is all thats needed? Especially candlestick?

Comment

The answer to all your questions would be a no IMHO.

Rule: The shorter the time frame you are monitoring, the more time you have to dedicate to watching the charts and prices, and also the greater the chance of making a decision based on some noise that will whipsaw you.

What is of some value is looking at the tail end of the trading day. What were the volumes, which way did the prices go in the last hour, which day of the week and month is it, what were the sizes of bids and asks and which direction were they taking prices?

To make intraday trading even begin to make sense you need access to bids and asks, bid/ask sizes, bid/ask spreads and volumes

Comment

It has been my anecdotal observation that canola never closes at, or even close to the daily high, as compared to soybeans, or soyoil. I've never verified if this is statistically true, but it seems that on a day when all grains are up, an everything else closes very close to the daily highs, canola will end the day closer to the middle of its range. Not sure it makes much difference for long term charting, but it seems to make target orders a necessary evil to get the last few pennies in a rising market.

Comment

So don't pay much attention to a 5-7 day span on a intraday chart?
          Do the same rules apply to it as a daily chart, higher highs etc, closing higher than the previous day's close, opening higher than the previous day's close, and all the other important stuff I know nothing about.

I realize the timeframe is a blink in a loooong stare!

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
            Do the same rules apply to it as a daily chart, higher highs etc, closing higher than the previous day's close, opening higher than the previous day's close, and all the other important stuff I know nothing about.

Have you studied fractals at all?

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
              Honestly, without googling that I have no idea what that is.

I've been production oriented my whole life under the CWB Mother Hen's wing. Lol.

Too old to study, my brain is full.

Ok. What are they?

Comment

Fractals in my own words;
                Same patterns will repeat as you zoom in or zoom out, in resolution, Or in time in this case. The classic example is a coastline, keep zooming out, or in, and the random patterns keep showing up.

Is that helpful at all? probably not. But if you are trading with monthly charts, and monthly time-frames, you should therefore be able to apply the same logic to a millisecond chart.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post

A 5-7 day span can easily be seen on a daily chart.
                  Intraday charts are for day traders or high frequency trading.
                  A lot of the charting indicators break down on an intraday chart

Comment

Ok yòu guys, so I did see the pattern in the daily, and I'm hoping July will make its way back to about 475.

Unless some fun-da-mental news takes it out of its range? Rhythmic technicals....?

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post

Name:	IMG_1091.JPG
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	769658

Kinda like this?

Comment

If you’re interested in fractals from a stocks and commodities point of view “Trading Chaos” by Bill Williams is pretty good. For a good introduction (not trading related) “Chaos” by James Gleick is worth a look. You’ll never look at a coastline the same. Both books a bit dated but very well written.

Comment

I sure don't like where canola seems to be flattening out. Where are we going?

Comment

JULY is approaching that 475 mark again.
                            Is there any news to propel it past and rally?
                            Might just pull the trigger on the last bit we have delivered but is unpriced.

Chart people and analysts?

Comment

JHC , farma , this is not a marketing forum *

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.