• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

53% of farmers APAS survey!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

53% of farmers APAS survey!

53% of farmers of the survey say immediate cash for seeding is a huge concern. May not represent 53% of all farmers but there were over 250 surveyed so there is a major problem
    How could rhere not be. Delayed deliveries drought spring harvest virus etc etc.

Meanwhile land and rent remains steady or higher!

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
      53% of farmers of the survey say immediate cash for seeding is a huge concern. May not represent 53% of all farmers but there were over 250 surveyed so there is a major problem
      How could rhere not be. Delayed deliveries drought spring harvest virus etc etc.
      they needed a fu king survey for that ????????????????
      now they will have to do a study

Comment

Originally posted by DaneG View Post
        Meanwhile land and rent remains steady or higher!
        Yes because there are some backed by outside money. It’s what’s happenning here, there is a false narrative in this neck of rhe woods.

Main lender backing the farmers that don t need the money to take over the rest. Foreigners etc

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
          Yes because there are some backed by outside money. It’s what’s happenning here, there is a false narrative in this neck of rhe woods.

Main lender backing the farmers that don t need the money to take over the rest. Foreigners etc
          So a burning question is , what do they (money lenders) know that we don’t ??

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
            So a burning question is , what do they (money lenders) know that we don’t ??
            Is it they know what we don’t know or is it that they know what we all know? Agristsbility has become useless crop insurance formula to handle droughts and then that yield stays with you too long, trade deals, poor rail system, higher seed costs, higher inputs taxes I could go on and then of course the virus has added uncertainty that out government should be backing us through also.
            They are uncertain who will buy our product.

So I think they’re saying they’ll back guys that have outside money all the way phuk the rest.

Comment

Lots of input credit farmers around here. When that well dries up and all that rented land hits the market....look out below!
              How willing are lenders going to be to extend more credit in these uncertain times?
              I've had good luck moving the crop so far, but there is still crop in fields out there and probably less of it will be harvested and cheaper priced in some cases. Extra cash?....I see credit tightening up.

Is this going to lead to even bigger farm consolidation?

Comment

Most Ag input retailers have passed the high risk customers to FCC and Banks.

Comment

maybe smaller farmers , who knows, the trend on everything else seems to be backtracking with this china flu?

Comment

G-Loom and Doooom, GN

Comment

I don’t know about you guys but my lender will still gladly lend me enough to sink myself. Are these folks with credit issues the same perennial ones every year? Just asking .......

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
                        I don’t know about you guys but my lender will still gladly lend me enough to sink myself. Are these folks with credit issues the same perennial ones every year? Just asking .......
                        I wonder that too, not sure what's worse a bank willing to give you more than you can pay back or a bank not giving you money when you need it to keep operating.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                          maybe smaller farmers , who knows, the trend on everything else seems to be backtracking with this china flu?
                          I’ve been thinking about that exact same thing. Seems everyone is talking about larger gardens, shop local at small shops, mind set in general seems to be going back to be more self sustaining? Will that mind set last long past the end of Covid.....who knows?

Comment

I could use government handout cash for seeding. Why is the number only 53%?

47% of the farmers not familiar with economics?

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                              Lots of input credit farmers around here. When that well dries up and all that rented land hits the market....look out below!
                              How willing are lenders going to be to extend more credit in these uncertain times?
                              I've had good luck moving the crop so far, but there is still crop in fields out there and probably less of it will be harvested and cheaper priced in some cases. Extra cash?....I see credit tightening up.

Is this going to lead to even bigger farm consolidation?
                              I could also see this going another way with no more credit available for a lot renting land. There may not be any takers for this land, some rented for taxes or not farmed at all. Land prices will plummet and with no buyers it will be bought for the taxes with cash only. Cash is king! History seems to repeat so are we going to see the “30s” again. Sure hope not but time will tell!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...