• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How we pay for this mess

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How we pay for this mess

Looks like we’re spiralling down to a depression, don’t know what the timeline is of recovery. Eventually we will have to pay our dues. Which way will they come at us? We have corporate tax, small business tax, income tax, death tax, GST, PST, capital gains, royalties and maybe a few more imaginative taxes they can think up. I see GST and PST leading the way and carbon tax not far behind if we can’t remove the existing cancer. Corporate tax will have to compete with other provinces and countries so I’m not sure that you want to be upsetting that boat. What do you all think?

I think we will go close to Nordic countries with 80-85 personal income tax. Maybe less. Depends if they go ahead with universal pharmacare and basic income. And also a big push on green energy to keep the useless peckers employed.

Comment

Originally posted by Sodbuster View Post
      Looks like we’re spiralling down to a depression, don’t know what the timeline is of recovery. Eventually we will have to pay our dues. Which way will they come at us? We have corporate tax, small business tax, income tax, death tax, GST, PST, capital gains, royalties and maybe a few more imaginative taxes they can think up. I see GST and PST leading the way and carbon tax not far behind if we can’t remove the existing cancer. Corporate tax will have to compete with other provinces and countries so I’m not sure that you want to be upsetting that boat. What do you all think?
      And Inheritance Tax. 👎

Comment

This crime minister will attempt to tax the makers in the country.
        Increase capital gains on everything and add it to sales of primary residence. Increase all carbon tax, inheritance tax, income tax on higher brackets.

Comment

The Globalists dream come true . Only the very wealthy elite will be unscathed..... be no different than why our forefathers left Europe over 100 years ago .
          Enter agenda 2030 .

Comment

Won't be oil, the price is now negative.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200419-201531_Twitter.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	769633
            Last edited by biglentil; Apr 19, 2020, 20:22.

Comment

How do we pay for this mess.....

Comment

Oh this sucks and we are going to pay and pay hard any one with real assets.

Death tax.

Capital gains gone or half for a year .

Personal income tax up.

Gst up.

Carbon tax if Trudeau still around up to insane.

Corporate tax boom kill the economy is coming.

We are ****ed.

I have a question if most companies even airlines have zero assets to leverage are most farm corporations same.

Comment

Argentina likely provides a road map to canuckistan's future. Once nobody will lend the loons, then you borrow in $USD and do the default routine. Argentina has defaulted some 4 or 5 times in its history with one of them happening right now. They seem to have kept at it for a long time. Money printing usually promotes inflation, but Japan has printed phenomenal amount of yen yet it has consumer price deflation as the norm so printing doesn't always create inflation if monetary velocity slows. Inflation being a stealth tax is certainly one of the way the government is thinking will pay for some of this mess.

Comment

The money pizzed away on climate change BS would sure come in handy now, wouldn’t it? Waste not-Want not.

Comment

Currently we have seen only price deflation. Restaurants in Europe now charging 25% of prior tourist prices.

Here everything on sale.

The aging baby boomers has brought massive deflationary pressure around the world and it has be countered with massive money printing. The CV has kicked things out of kilter and nobody knows by how much. If govts get it wrong and over juice the system then say hello to massive inflation and they will be forced to massively raise interst rates like the 1980s

Comment

Originally posted by Ache4Acres View Post
                        Currently we have seen only price deflation. Restaurants in Europe now charging 25% of prior tourist prices.

Here everything on sale.

The aging baby boomers has brought massive deflationary pressure around the world and it has be countered with massive money printing. The CV has kicked things out of kilter and nobody knows by how much. If govts get it wrong and over juice the system then say hello to massive inflation and they will be forced to massively raise interst rates like the 1980s
                        I highly doubt that even if they manage to convince the banks to lend, will people borrow, the hoarding gives an insight to the thoughts of the masses, they are in save mode now. Volocity of money drops and until the local govt defaults, the hoarding of cash will continue.

Comment

Macdon. What does a “local government defaults” mean to the general populous?

Governments will pour as much money into the system as they think is needed. No govt can or will default in the western world. We all designed the systems around our printing press. If they need more money they just print it. Other countries especially in the EU gave up this option years ago. They are screwed.

We are just as screwed but won’t realize it because the inflationary loss of value in currency is harder to see until it is too late

Comment

I would start by tapping into our entitled leaders trust fund. Justine keeps telling us we are in this together!

Comment

Originally posted by Ache4Acres View Post
                              Macdon. What does a “local government defaults” mean to the general populous?

Governments will pour as much money into the system as they think is needed. No govt can or will default in the western world. We all designed the systems around our printing press. If they need more money they just print it. Other countries especially in the EU gave up this option years ago. They are screwed.

We are just as screwed but won’t realize it because the inflationary loss of value in currency is harder to see until it is too late
                              I agree they will continue to print unprecedented supply, what im saying is there will need to be a trigger event to unleash the capital, we can't see inflation until that happens. It's going to take longer then we expect. It will come, but im thinking 3 years realistically. I know we need something optimistic in this molested sector we are in. The default occurs when the majority realize they have been screwed in exchange for money and they gave up their life's savings for protection from something they can't see. This might take a conservative govt taking power so we give up hope of change through democracy.

There's 3 types of inflation, asset, demand and currency. We saw currency inflation in land prices as the loonie dropped. Demand, like the 70's, which i assume you are referencing? Asset price appreciation would be US equities rising as their dollar appreciated. If the loonie keeps dropping we will be saved some pain on grain prices but i don't see huge gains till there's a currency reset, widescale across the world. The availability of credit also factors in on inflation as well. It's not a simple one sided reaction tied to printing.
                              Last edited by macdon02; Apr 20, 2020, 09:25.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...