• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canadian federation of agriculture warning of food shortage

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canadian federation of agriculture warning of food shortage

Canadian federation of ag warns if no aid to sea rhe 2020 crop there will be large areas of land not seeded. Banks devaluing assets of farmers not providing funds none of rhe programs apply to farmers.

Interesting!!! If these guys are warning then there definately is a problem as they usually sugar coat things.

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
    Canadian federation of ag warns if no aid to sea rhe 2020 crop there will be large areas of land not seeded. Banks devaluing assets of farmers not providing funds none of rhe programs apply to farmers.

Interesting!!! If these guys are warning then there definately is a problem as they usually sugar coat things.
    Like the immortal btofarmalll would have said

Eff it yooz can get your food from chine!!

Comment

Had to go to Regina tonight to get something for my Dad. Went to Superstore as well.
      The entry doors were locked, got there at 8:00, at closing time. "Snuck"in through the exit doors when someone was leaving the store.

Bit of an eye opener tonight, the usual shelves were bare or poorly stocked , TP and bleach and certain cleaning supplies.
      Flour and yeast are scarce, sugar too sometimes. But boy was the produce section well picked over. Lots of empty space and shelves.

Would have been nice to browse around more but got the essentials, management reminded us the store closed 20 minutes ago.

I don't think I've ever seen the produce section so depleted, makes ya think.

Comment

Anyone think this is bearish for meats and grains?

Comment

Originally posted by macdon02 View Post
          Anyone think this is bearish for meats and grains?
          On which end of the supply chain?

Probably bullish for speculators, but can that translate into farmgate prices? Or does basis eat that up?

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post

Probably bullish for speculators, but can that translate into farmgate prices? Or does basis eat that up?
            Basis will be going the other direction when farmers say fk it. When banks foreclose on farmers. It was embarrassing to hear our premier partting his own back. For what? he has no packing plants to watch his group and the ones before let them all go to Alberta and the states. No new processing here nothing but man we need another oil line. What does oil taste like anyway? Any protein in it?

It’s scarey how dumb our leaders are handling this and approaching it. Someone better clue them in.

Livestock has dropped like a rock for producers the price in the store is going up processing plants are running slow capacity. Don’t have people to work but paying people to stay home????then wanting foreigners???

Grain side acres won’t be planted 2 guys got turned down last week bank is worried land will depreciate grain won’t move was the excise???
            Acres won’t get seeded. This is gonna be potentially huge we feed much if the world when the other places have no food never mind us what comes next? Usually war??? Not trying to sound alarmist just realistic. We all can see except our leaders federal and provincial.
            Guarantee loans to seed guarantee livestock producers money to keep producing get mega testing at the processors we have and all the way through to the store. Stop the price gouging if rhe producer. That’s where the emphasis has to go.

Comment

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-17/australia-food-secure-despite-dorught-coronavirus/12155222 https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-17/australia-food-secure-despite-dorught-coronavirus/12155222 . Re food shortages
              Last edited by malleefarmer; Apr 17, 2020, 05:32.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post

The producer must give it away or he will be charge with the new price gouging law.

Comment

Sad part Canada will run a 121 billion dollar deficit and AG gets a ****ing loan.

Comment

I can't see large areas of land not being seeded, certainly not this year. It will take time for the collapse of the debt bubble to really have an effect. Next year will probably be the year in which the pain really sets in.

Comment

I dont see price issues right now with anything but meat. I swear it's the most expensive I've ever seen it. Bread, flour, and pasta mostly sold out everywhere. The price of meat still keeps creeping up. The grocery stores and packing plants are making sure they make hay while the sun shines, while at the same time looking like they are heroic!

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                        Had to go to Regina tonight to get something for my Dad. Went to Superstore as well.
                        The entry doors were locked, got there at 8:00, at closing time. "Snuck"in through the exit doors when someone was leaving the store.

Bit of an eye opener tonight, the usual shelves were bare or poorly stocked , TP and bleach and certain cleaning supplies.
                        Flour and yeast are scarce, sugar too sometimes. But boy was the produce section well picked over. Lots of empty space and shelves.

Would have been nice to browse around more but got the essentials, management reminded us the store closed 20 minutes ago.

A lot depends on what day of the week the shelves get restocked. Sobeys here is always Tuesday night. Wednesday morning the shelves are always overloaded. Evening before the store is half empty.

Comment

Poloz sees parts of Canadian economy beginning to restart in 'late May'

There is a multi billion dollar project about to begin in the next couple weeks....

Always nice to be ignored....

This is what is wrong with this country....people like Poloz , Morneau and Trudeau

Comment

Then you have Scheer who wants the Government to give aid to the Oil Companies. Where did all the billions$$$ go when they were profiting just a few months ago? Not to mention the hay days of 2010-2014.

It all boils down to which sector has the best lobbyists, and we all know how well us farmers are at working together.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post

No shortage of anything around here except lysol , peroxide and hand sanitizer
                              Was getting produce in tisdale yesterday , looks real nice
                              The price gouging is in full force though

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...