• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seriously...What are the farm groups doing?????

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seriously...What are the farm groups doing?????

The last thing I heard was they were patting the federal government on the back for more loans if you qualify and thanking them for a loan extension which should have been done last Novemeber...

Nothing the liberals announced wasn't already in the works during the last election..

So while businesses are getting 2 years to pay back an interest free loan and getting a 25 percent grant at the end ....what the phuck are farmers getting to help them ?

Why is every farm group so silent ?

Why is the carbon tax still the flavour of the day for some?

Why doesnt the province step up and fight on behalf of farmers or support them?

Why are the conservative MPs not making more noise on behalf of western Canadian farmers while there is a chance to get things straightened out or would that be like admitting they phucked it all up in the first place?

When i hear farmers and others say farmers have to be businessmen and forget about it being a lifestyle.....

It sure seems like everyone has defaulted to " its a lifestyle not a business " when it shit hits the fan...

And business that shit on farms 99 days out of 100 sure couldn't act like a business very long when shit hit the fan.... tell those businessmen their business is a lifestyle....and find a banker that will lend on nothing because that is what their are worth...because banks wouldn't do the loans without the government backing...

Just in a really pissed off mood today ....the cu ckoo bird will be out at 9:15 to repeat himself...

Parliament in session on Saturday and the MPs that should be representing us are silent....

And gas is still posted 79.9 locally....

And since when is c u c k o o a bad word that it has to be edited ??????? Censoring is beginning to piss me off as well as making up a new language because of it.
    Last edited by bucket; Apr 10, 2020, 07:39.

Originally posted by wiseguy
    They do **** all but tweet on twitter !
    I suppose....I am not on facebook or tweeter...

Comment

The problem with farm groups compared to other business like bombardier and SNC is they have lawyers instead of some group representing them!

Comment

The real problem is the farm groups are just like politicians, they all have great ideas and then the corrupt/ignorant old ones that have been on the kitty for awhile tell the new ones to shut it and go along with the flow. Pretty soon the new ones get their little brown bag or perks and say this ain’t too bad.

SNC and bombardier get perks because they employ thousands of people. We as farmers are like 25000 bombardier employing one person. And we all cannot get along long enough to act like we have our crap together to get any funding.

Also, I agree bucket about the businesses not being able to run for a month or two without govt cash! when this is all over and when you see all the Facebook crap about buy local etc etc. I am pretty sure I am buying local with my tax dollars so they can sit on their asses right now.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
          Bucket they ain't given nothing !

Your stuck with sask crop insurance an agstab and the local coop !

Remember they re there for you !
          Agristabilty. ..called them the other day because they hadn't sent the premium notice. ...they haven't started working on 2018....it's been there since September 2019 and the fee has been paid for 15 days short of two years...

The excuses....1. They haven't started yet.
          2 so many applications come in September
          3. I quit listening

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
            The last thing I heard was they were patting the federal government on the back for more loans if you qualify and thanking them for a loan extension which should have been done last Novemeber...

Nothing the liberals announced wasn't already in the works during the last election..

So while businesses are getting 2 years to pay back an interest free loan and getting a 25 percent grant at the end ....what the phuck are farmers getting to help them ?

Why is every farm group so silent ?

Why is the carbon tax still the flavour of the day for some?

Why doesnt the province step up and fight on behalf of farmers or support them?

Why are the conservative MPs not making more noise on behalf of western Canadian farmers while there is a chance to get things straightened out or would that be like admitting they phucked it all up in the first place?

When i hear farmers and others say farmers have to be businessmen and forget about it being a lifestyle.....

It sure seems like everyone has defaulted to " its a lifestyle not a business " when it shit hits the fan...

And business that shit on farms 99 days out of 100 sure couldn't act like a business very long when shit hit the fan.... tell those businessmen their business is a lifestyle....and find a banker that will lend on nothing because that is what their are worth...because banks wouldn't do the loans without the government backing...

Just in a really pissed off mood today ....the cu ckoo bird will be out at 9:15 to repeat himself...

Parliament in session on Saturday and the MPs that should be representing us are silent....

And gas is still posted 79.9 locally....

And since when is c u c k o o a bad word that it has to be edited ??????? Censoring is beginning to piss me off as well as making up a new language because of it.
            It is unreal how in areas farms are surviving with half of the crop out for what is shaping up to be 7 months....no help from FCC etc with better interest rates or anything. Some of these businesses are going on week 2 and already going broke and getting loans...it is pretty sad.

Comment

Geez bucket they are busy
              Spending your checkoff dollars on socks.

Comment

i know what i am doing about it . I have set alarms on my phone so i don't miss the application date to get MY fu king money back. thats what they want you to do , thats why most of their dates are when i am busy.
                i am getting every god damn cent back and hopefully someone will come up with a real farmer representative group that is voluntary , not forced like these commy outfits
                i am also telling RM reps to vote out APAS also
                a few years back ,a local person tried to get on one of the commissions , and the incumbents all got together and supported each other to discredit local person , and it was effective. the trough feeding time is over for me . they all showed their true colours last two years
                Last edited by caseih; Apr 10, 2020, 10:39.

Comment

You do not have to wait until the deadline to submit the refund forms. As long as they receive it during the crop year, you will be put on the list for a cheque. Submit away. Thank me later....

Comment

FCC is busy giving away your money to “worthy” urban projects.

Comment

Aida was run pretty good in Regina, that’s before it was “improved” in Winnipeg, now Melville, I can’t quite put my finger on a description —— can you? Maybe the computers don’t run north of #1.

Comment

The day they start to care about producers is the day the shelves are empty. Then programs won’t be needed just straight cash deposits to give the farmers more incentive to keep trying!

Comment

Originally posted by FarmJunkie View Post
                          The day they start to care about producers is the day the shelves are empty. Then programs won’t be needed just straight cash deposits to give the farmers more incentive to keep trying!
                          There are a lot of stupid people and they will ask,did the trucks stop delivery to the stores. You can’t fix stupid!

Comment

This will make you all happy, cant imagine why all the machinery is so good at sales this spring.

It will be the 4th time in 2 or 3 years US farmers have received big direct subsidies.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump said on Thursday he has directed his agriculture secretary to expedite help to farmers, especially small farmers, hurt by the economic disruption caused by the new coronavirus outbreak.

On Twitter, Trump also said he expects Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue “to use all of the funds and authorities at his disposal to make sure that our food supply is stable, strong, and safe.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Trump did not specify what he expected Perdue to do, but farmers are waiting for the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) to announce how it will disburse $9.5 billion Congress set aside for the industry in the coronavirus relief bill signed by Trump last month.

Farmers are an important part of Republican Trump’s political base as he seeks re-election in November.

ADVERTISEMENT

Also on Twitter, Perdue said the USDA “is using all financial resources we have been given to develop a program that will include direct payments to farmers & ranchers hurt by COVID-19 & other procurement methods to help solidify the supply chain from producers to consumers.”

The American Farm Bureau Federation said last week that farmers need immediate help and it urged the USDA to make special direct payments to dairy and cotton producers, livestock farmers and cattle ranchers, among others.

The group said certain sectors have been particularly hard-hit, including dairy farmers and specialty crop producers, such as vegetable and fruit farms.

Comment

They must be at 40 billion USD by now ....

Even a tenth of that would be good for Canadian farmers....
                              Last edited by bucket; Apr 10, 2020, 19:16.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.