• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Same in canada

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same in canada

Nightly news reports.

They may as well can the sports section of it.

Last night we had some story about wrestling and another about swimming in bogs in Scotland not much happening in world of sport

Bog water. That could be the answer. Seems I herd that stuff can preserve you.

Comment

They make Scotch out of the best bog water.

Comment

Amazing how much free time people have when they don't waste it watching people play games. Neighbor has left his cabin in a mess the last number of years. Usually spends every evening and day off watching or playing team sports. Cleaned up a lot of it in the last couple of weeks and even doing some renovation.

It would do wonders to actual productivity in the world if sports never came back.

Comment

Except the healthcare system.

Comment

Does anyone believe there will be a full stadium or arena this year? We are even worried about shopping with physical distancing.Year of lost professional sports. Re alignment of priorities. We have season tickets for football. I don't see that happening.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
              Does anyone believe there will be a full stadium or arena this year? We are even worried about shopping with physical distancing.Year of lost professional sports. Re alignment of priorities. We have season tickets for football. I don't see that happening.
              that stadium still pisses me off, don't see why I have to pay for a stadium in regina that i won't even go in ?

Comment

My prediction is that people will not be allowed to attend either professional or amateur sporting events for months to come. If the players are allowed to play in professional leagues, it will be televised from empty stadiums. Maybe they can add crowd roar digitally?

On the cost side, almost all of these stadiums have been financed by civic and provincial taxpayers to some degree. They barely make ends meet even when the stadiums are full. Winnpeg Blue Bombers being a prime example.

Comment

I think sports are in for a rude awakening. Won’t be much disposable income for 150 dollar jets tickets and 10 dollar beers.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowerpower View Post
                    I think sports are in for a rude awakening. Won’t be much disposable income for 150 dollar jets tickets and 10 dollar beers.
                    1/3 of people losing their jobs, and hockey players getting $10 million per year. Think a reset is in order? I see lots of season tickets getting cancelled, lots of them held by small businesses that may not be around a year from now.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...