14 day forecast

Commodity Marketing

Tools

14 day forecast

Apr 7, 2020 | 07:32 1 Looks on the colder side for now
Still looks like mid winter here , and in many areas. Had about 4-5 in yesterday again, heavy wet snow . Reply With Quote
Apr 7, 2020 | 07:36 2 Not a good spring for the guys looking to get an early start on the spring harvest.
Geezus, I hope I never have to say that again Reply With Quote

• Apr 7, 2020 | 07:56 3 Yeah pretty rough looking forecast. If true it will cause trouble. Highest temp for us in the two week is plus 4. About half the days show highs of below zero. So by the 21st of April, we will have not been above plus five. That is plain crazy.

While not shocking to be cold in April, the difference is that absolutely ZERO melting has occurred. That is what makes this so strange. Tough when you are kind of relying on overwintered crop/crop insurance funds to help prep for spring, and you can’t get at it even.

Yeah we got a five inch really wet dump yesterday too. Pretty bad looking.

But, forecasts have been wrong before! Reply With Quote
    Apr 7, 2020 | 08:09 4 Can you guys in alberts still change your coverage late April? Reply With Quote
    Apr 7, 2020 | 08:25 5 Yes we have till end of april Reply With Quote
    Apr 7, 2020 | 10:20 6
    Quote Originally Posted by katoe View Post
    Yes we have till end of april
    I sure wish we d get smarter here and vote these Ndp ers our and elect a Sask party government soon. I heard they re backed by farmers and really do good things on the side of farmers.

Like having an extra month to decide whether or not to take this *** shit crap insurance sure would be nice. Or lowering premiums. Or fix the agristability the other guys fkd up what was the name of that party I forget? The one that said they couldn’t fund a better ag program so they gutted it. Then backed friends that started owning farmers land. Reply With Quote
    GDR
    Apr 7, 2020 | 10:27 7 Well our "chance of flurries" turned into full on heavy wet snow this am. Reply With Quote
    Apr 7, 2020 | 16:42 8 6 more inches of wet shit here last few days Reply With Quote
    Apr 7, 2020 | 17:29 9 First Daughter born April 13 in 1991. Sunny warm day with all the snow gone. Around 20 degrees the day we brought her home from town. Second Daughter born April 8 1993 Most of the snow gone just l little cooler than 91. My Mother always says the water would run here between April 7-10th.

Last couple year those dates aren't even chose to showing spring. Yet it will be hottest year ever! Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• Apr 7, 2020 | 18:48 10 Name:  E88331EA-EFB1-48CB-B160-A32B727E8005.jpg
Views: 1345
Size:  19.8 KB
    The last three springs like this and no summers , its just weather , right chuck ? Reply With Quote

• LEP
    Apr 7, 2020 | 18:58 11 Climate Newsletter out of Winnipeg is calling for a very cold spring and summer.

Usually a cool summer means a delayed harvest. If I have to combine snow flattened crop again. Not sure if I have it in me. That would be 4 out of 5 years.
    Last edited by LEP; Apr 7, 2020 at 19:14.
  • 3 Likes

• Apr 7, 2020 | 23:28 12 6 in of heavy snow yesterday on top of the 2ft we already have, forecast for next 7 days is about 7 degrees below average, we're going to need some warm weather soon if we want to get going by mid May. Looking at my crop insurance and thinking about insuring for too wet to seed acres. Has anyone heard Drew's pridiction's for this spring and summer?

Apr 8, 2020 | 07:17 13 Feels like mid March here instead of mid April and the trend looks to continue.

This trail had been plowed out yesterday and could hardly get the feed truck through. Only been adding to the snowpack instead of shrinking it. The ground was fully saturated before freeze up so seeding will most likely be interesting......... again.

Good luck everyone 🍀 Reply With Quote
    Apr 8, 2020 | 07:23 14

Oops 😬
    Forgot the other picture. Reply With Quote
    biglentil's Avatar Apr 8, 2020 | 08:01 15
    Quote Originally Posted by woodland View Post

Oops 😬
    Forgot the other picture.
    What kinda truck is that sort of looks like a Jeep J10 hood but side hinges have me baffled? Reply With Quote
    Apr 8, 2020 | 08:37 16 No snow in Regina. We can seed as soon as the ice breaker comes through to make the furrow. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Apr 8, 2020 | 09:16 17
    Quote Originally Posted by biglentil View Post
    What kinda truck is that sort of looks like a Jeep J10 hood but side hinges have me baffled?
    Looks like a Ford L series, but don't recognize the side door at all. Reply With Quote
    Washout's Avatar Apr 8, 2020 | 09:25 18
    Quote Originally Posted by biglentil View Post
    What kinda truck is that sort of looks like a Jeep J10 hood but side hinges have me baffled?
    To me it looks like the hood of one of those old international 3 tons. The ones with the 345 gas engine. But, i don't think it is cause they opened by pulling the whole hood forwards Reply With Quote
    Apr 8, 2020 | 10:02 19
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
    Looks like a Ford L series, but don't recognize the side door at all.
    Good eye😎

It’s an ‘84 8000 with a smokey gutless 3208 in it. Those little side doors serve no purpose and I’m not sure why they’re in it. Reply With Quote
    Apr 8, 2020 | 11:17 20 whats that brown stuff under the truck ?
    carbon tax not working there? Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• fjlip's Avatar Apr 8, 2020 | 11:41 21 Just for us backwoods farmers, SNOW/COLD...

Name:  SK SNOW COVER APR 07 2020.jpg
Views: 892
Size:  96.9 KB Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Apr 8, 2020 | 18:57 22
    Quote Originally Posted by caseih View Post
    whats that brown stuff under the truck ?
    carbon tax not working there?
    That tax is highly effective here too. The county just gravelled the road😉 Reply With Quote
    Apr 11, 2020 | 13:02 23 Name:  B372C368-9FE9-4060-AE76-881293FF7107.jpg
Views: 601
Size:  9.4 KB
    I know , i know , its just weather , but a carbon tax , here ? , now ?
    Snowing right now Reply With Quote
    Apr 13, 2020 | 07:48 24 -18 here this morning. Looked up the nearest city to me on Environment Canada which is Red Deer. -15.4 in Red Deer at the moment. Lowest temperature according to environment Canada for Red Deer for this date was -14.1 in 1981. So yes it is #+#+ing nippy out there this morning. Reply With Quote
    Apr 13, 2020 | 07:59 25

Same here , and will be again tomorrow Reply With Quote
    Apr 13, 2020 | 08:03 26 This Quick Dick is for you guys. Ha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTjJ-5WLatE Reply With Quote

• Apr 13, 2020 | 08:52 27
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamloc View Post
    -18 here this morning. Looked up the nearest city to me on Environment Canada which is Red Deer. -15.4 in Red Deer at the moment. Lowest temperature according to environment Canada for Red Deer for this date was -14.1 in 1981. So yes it is #+#+ing nippy out there this morning.
    OMG , that broken record will be all over the news, and posted all over climate change weather channel joke Reply With Quote

• fjlip's Avatar Apr 13, 2020 | 08:56 28 Peer reviewed...YUP Climate is changing...Now I am terrified of burning up, maybe a few days could get over 30C! Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Apr 13, 2020 | 09:16 29 -18 at both closest Environment Canada sites here. That only breaks the record low for today by 5 degrees.

Which would all be quite amusing, except I am drying grain, way too cold for natural air drying, as we should be doing this time of year, and I get to pay CO2 tax on the gas and the electricity to make heat because Chuck et al at the NFU supported the CO2 tax on our behalf.

Thanks. Reply With Quote
    GDR
    Apr 13, 2020 | 09:23 30
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
    -18 at both closest Environment Canada sites here. That only breaks the record low for today by 5 degrees.

Which would all be quite amusing, except I am drying grain, way too cold for natural air drying, as we should be doing this time of year, and I get to pay CO2 tax on the gas and the electricity to make heat because Chuck et al at the NFU supported the CO2 tax on our behalf.

Thanks.
    Drying grain from last fall I assume? Comments like that and SF3's pictures dont help the stress level when I'm looking at snow cause I still cant see the crop that is underneath! Reply With Quote