• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chicken Littles

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ajl View Post
    Your likely right Jazz, the numbers do not support the hyper levels of paranoia out there but you will have to accept that the damage is already done. If you want to go about your business in full Hazmat gear, knock yourself out. Picking up the pieces is what to focus on now. If your over 50 and out of a job, you are likely researching suicide methods now as you will never hold one again. At least not one with any quality. The economy was already headed down and the Covid just put that in process into overdrive. As another pointed out an economic restart oversight committee for canuckistan would need God himself on it as the situation is hopeless.
    The economy was largely fake and on a steady drip of manipulation. The problems weren't dealt with long ago and now no dose of medicine can resuscitate the patient. In palliative on morphine....

Comment

I'm an immunocompromised individual due to being on an immunosuppressing drug for a neuro disease. My spouse is in frontline healthcare and is in contact with 500+ people per day. I feel like maybe I've got more skin in the game than a lot of folks on here. That said I think this whole covid19 thing has been blown so far out of proportion its sickening (more that the damn virus). I appreciate people like Jazz bringing different numbers/charts to the narrative being shoved down our throats. At times like this skepticism and critical thinking are more important than ever. I'm not seeing that anywhere. When Ontario brings out worse case stats saying that 15,000 will die that sounds bad, but their population is over 14.5 million so thats a death rate of .1%. SFA. Of those 15,000 many will be knocking on deaths door due to comorbitities and/or old age. I just don't see how this is worth destroying the world over. If it takes me out so be it but the numbers say that won't happen. When this is all over, and a few people have died, most of you will pat yourselves on the back and say you did what you had to do to keep the old folks breathing a few more years, but you won't acknowledge the repercussions of this path you wanted to take. Repercussions being massive increase in bankruptcy, suicide, terminal diagnoses not being caught in time due to the focus on covid, massive increase in crime, government getting increasing and unlimited power to control our everyday lives, etc which will in time dwarf the negative consequences this virus physically caused. Though well intentioned and noble, there are some very short sited viewpoints on this site. Wake up and look at the big, long term picture!
      Last edited by OvernOut; Apr 6, 2020, 11:18.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
        Latest report today said 4 in hospitals? Out of 246 positive, some recovered, 14000 tests, still 98.3% negative, what were those sick of if they had Corona symptoms bad enough a Dr. decide to test? Never an answer to that.
        We are doing well not overloading the hospital system which I believe is what the goal is.
        For Saskatchewan 60-70 from that amount have recovered.
        3 deaths
        1 currently in ICU, 3 others in hospital.

Small towns seem like ghost towns and there is hardly any traffic on any roads or highways.
        People are being very sanitary and some people in Moose Jaw are walking around in hazmat suits....one guy even made his German Shepherd wear one. (I’m not joking)

Comment

In Ontario one nursing home with 65 residents has had a shocking 23 deaths.

I wonder how many have DNR/ DNI requests in place?

I'm betting most.

I know most come to a point they don't fear death.

IF that is the case where does that fit with these scary reports of not enough ventilators for the oldest?

The media's reporting on this is sometimes outright scare mongering.

Maybe that's what they think we need?

Stay safe.

Comment

We have two 95 year old moms in full-time care. We have been locked out for about three weeks. Our concern is the fact that they won’t have their supports advocating for them should they need us. Kinda uncomfortable feeling. Fingers crossed and hoping this will be over soon..... but prolly not.

Comment

Overnout,

I've stated, "financially, who and what business/industry will be left to pay for all the money the gov is handing out like its worthless and accruing debt like its meaningless....."

There will be economic casualties. I've instructed my kids to use up any gift cards to small ma and pa shops. The repercussions are going to be mind boggling.

I also stated as many people will likely die whether we flatten the curve or let it spread rampantly, flattening it only makes it more manageable....therefore maybe enabling us to save afew more lives.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Very difficult situation to manage.

Comment

Jazz is not claiming that the coronavirus is harmless. Merely pointing out that the worst case scenario models are just that: models. The mainstream media, on the other hand, routinely parades them as if they seamlessly reflect the current state of affairs.

I have to agree that a lot of leaders are taking a page from the climate change playbook.

Comment

Correctimundo Austrian! Actors act and Modellers muddle. I don’t buy into all the hype generated by the “system” of paid-off prophets of doom.

Comment

What about the EYES? Masks no help there. No comments, what do others think? Viruses enter there too...

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                      What about the EYES? Masks no help there. No comments, what do others think? Viruses enter there too...
                      Masks keep upwards of 95% of the particles out of the air, but yes you're right eye protection is a good idea.
                      Last edited by biglentil; Apr 6, 2020, 09:34.

Comment

As soon as society starts going back to "normal'" the numbers will once again sky rocket. This will go on for months.

Comment

Many who comment on the present covid-19 situation say the authorities were listening to scientists and health organizations and then forming policy. I think that is true.

Many lament that the authority's choice and implementation of policy has seemingly got many nations behind the curve and in danger of having their hospital facilities overtaxed and unable to give the best care possible to the sick.

What could or should have been done to get ahead of the curve? Any comments?

Just a thought, while we may not see ICU's all across the world overflowing with covid-19 cases, really is that a bad thing? How exactly could the spread of a contagious disease be managed so that just the right amount of admissions into ICU's were maintained? This is not something that can be managed with precision in an open society with individual rights.

Unrelated but I will add it here: This situation is exactly why an individual should draw up a health care directive. It relieves the system from going all out to try save someone with an incurable or terminal disease/illness.

Comment

"What could or should have been done to get ahead of the curve? Any comments?"

I said way back, anyone travelling out of country should be clearly informed that they MIGHT not get back in if something like this shows up else where. All flights and entry points will be SLAMMED shut till we understand WTF is out there. We had ZERO cases domestically, ALL were imported and spread here later.

Yes us and parents have all directives in order...

Comment

Sorry guys, but the argument is over. CDC dropped all the projections in half today. There is nothing left to debate.

Did some people die, unfortunately yes. Flus have hot spots every year and yes young people die too. Those hot spots may be exacerbated by unsrestriced travel from and to major metro areas. We have stuffed a lot of people in more cities. The MSM just never told you about every hour before like this.

Comment

Originally posted by wd9 View Post
                                I feel bad for you Jazz. No one in your life, or at least no one that matters. You're a victim of careful social engineering with cognitive science. We all are.
                                Its called being around the block a few times wd9. I have lots of people who matter to me and a lot who have died from all causes include almost 10 to cancer, but I am sure as hell not going to concede my freedoms and my rights for this or anything, nor will I risk my kids economic future for slim evidence.

I am not sure how you grew up wd9, but my family has been down in the pits many times and we don't cower from anything and all the older people in my family would say the same.
                                Last edited by jazz; Apr 6, 2020, 11:57.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...