• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As rent comes due, restaurants call for aid

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moe grabbed 6% of the restaurant business a while back. If you notice a couple of laser dots on your forehead tomorrow morning when shaving ,the red one is Treudos and the green one is Moes.
    After all who else takes CO2 and water and turns it into money.
    Last edited by 6V53; Apr 1, 2020, 18:53.

Comment

Riddle me this one : 600 milk producers in Ontario have been told they’ll be dumping their last pickup of milk this week due to reduced demand for cream, etc while restaurants are closed and there will be more dumping to come. While consumers aren’t able to find enough milk and butter in the stores to fill their shopping lists.

Comment

I'm sorry but I think I must be the original dumb ****led farmer. I certainly dont pretend to think I know how every or even most farmers are doing but I have never felt so fortunate in my sixty some years to be where I am and in the profession I am. I have had many Thanksgivings and have never been so thankful. I have three almost adult children and a wife who are more important to me than squabbling about who gets what from the government. I have my own opinion of what is being said and done by politicians in both Canada and the United States but I will be damned if I will let that suck the life out of me when what is really important is right in front of my face.

Comment

I would tend to agree grefer, but there could well be an economic sobering day of reckoning coming from this.

Hopefully we'll all be around to witness and experience it, because the alternative to being here to see it makes the possible bleak outcome irrelevant.

Comment

Sad for our farm as we worked hard to get into supplying several with lamb. Just when we made some great strides, this virus came along. Direct sales and the stores are doing great, but no restaurant orders any more for who knows how long? It won’t kill us, we just got going, but it is still frustrating when you work for a year or two to get into the business and jump through the hoops, only to have that side collapse.

I feel terrible for our restaurants. They are in a real pickle for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
              Sad for our farm as we worked hard to get into supplying several with lamb. Just when we made some great strides, this virus came along. Direct sales and the stores are doing great, but no restaurant orders any more for who knows how long? It won’t kill us, we just got going, but it is still frustrating when you work for a year or two to get into the business and jump through the hoops, only to have that side collapse.

I feel terrible for our restaurants. They are in a real pickle for sure!

And in the years I have read your posts....it seems you have worn their shoes...

And what did any government do for you over the years...

Do they need help? Yup....but never forget how little they did for you...

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                And in the years I have read your posts....it seems you have worn their shoes...

And what did any government do for you over the years...

Do they need help? Yup....but never forget how little they did for you...
                I guess I am not even saying I expect them to get government help. I don’t. Just like I don’t wish for or expect government help personally. I’ll fight my own way along thank you very much! I am just saying I feel badly for them personally, as I know how tight margins are and how hard they worked to get this far, without the benefit of their main source of equity, (which they usually actually don’t have in the first place), increasing by two and three times.

Restaurant owners I have found are extremely and ridiculously hard working, not seasonally like a grain farmer. I mean they are at it ALL THE TIME. They go hard all the time! My best wishes are with the forward thinking, local food sourcing, independently owned restaurants around the province.

Comment

I am serioulsy looking at the entire landscape of canadian business and I only see two or three industrys still functioning. Liquor and pot, forestry and fishery and ag. Lets see if they can lead us out of a depression and like no politician even acknowledging this. Be lucky if there isnt a famine at the end of all this.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                    Air Canada made good money last year. ...and already have the talks started directly with Moroneau. ..
                    Wife and a bunch of other whinoes cancelled a trip for middle of April and Air Canada put their airplane money in a 2 year trust fund.
                    Money could be better spent on pork and beans and a gas mask.
                    Last edited by 6V53; Apr 2, 2020, 00:15.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                      I guess I am not even saying I expect them to get government help. I don’t. Just like I don’t wish for or expect government help personally. I’ll fight my own way along thank you very much! I am just saying I feel badly for them personally, as I know how tight margins are and how hard they worked to get this far, without the benefit of their main source of equity, (which they usually actually don’t have in the first place), increasing by two and three times.

Restaurant owners I have found are extremely and ridiculously hard working, not seasonally like a grain farmer. I mean they are at it ALL THE TIME. They go hard all the time! My best wishes are with the forward thinking, local food sourcing, independently owned restaurants around the province.
                      So absolutely full of shit as usual!!!!
                      Implying grain farmers don’t work? Hey unstable genius #2 look in the mirror you were
                      Just laughing at the rest of us grain farmers proclaiming how smart chasing *** sheep in The pasture even when so many in here told you Exactly what would happen and it’s starting for you. Maybe when canola hits 15 you ll jump back and tell us all how smart you were then?
                      Grain farmers don’t work hard? Don’t have tight margins? Only restaurant owners that you’re trying to sell to and it’s affecting you? You know the virus that you and stable genius #1 hero downplayed and ridiculed the efforts to stop it?
                      Remember be happy your in the bush somewhere safe with all that mutton to chomp on!!!!

The same thing that will destroy those restaurants,us grain farmers and you idiot is that the system whether you like it or not created by conservative and liberal politicians is rigged against us all at the bottom. The only way to be stable is getting the help that all the bombardier
                      Morris, snc, pulse king people get. And that would only come if us idiots stopped the bulkshit
                      You promote on here with your blind unearned
                      Vote.

Couldn’t grow wheat didn’t even grow wheat but was an expert in the cwb, can’t grow canola our biggest cash crop, and now sheep??? Lmao
                      Get with the program and realize government affects you whether they do something or not.
                      If they are supporting someone else its not gonna help you the most.

Let’s start pumping that 5 dollar crude???? Lmao

How about supporting individuals like yourself grow sheep instead? It’s the only way in a bigger
                      Sense than any individual in any sector survive.
                      Unless of course you can fend off the Chinese, saudis,Russians etc yourself???

What a fool if you aren’t bought off to post your stupidity. What a stable genius if you are.

Comment

Geez, 🙈💥 Got up on the wrong side of the bed Big Flat Tire?
                        Last edited by sumdumguy; Apr 2, 2020, 06:55.

Comment

Quite the rant. Feel better now wheelie bin?

Cuz you sure don't look any better.

Hope somebody dumps the trash.

Comment

Wow, big wheel. I am curious what I did to you that made you so upset whenever I chat about things on here? I hope your ok. I have no idea what I did or said to set you off, but I am truly sorry that you seem to be struggling in some way.

I never said grain farmers don’t work hard. And once again, putting words in others mouths, and thoughts in heir heads is not usually very beneficial to truth.

Anyhow, I hope your day gets better.

Comment

Wheel phoning the terminal to take your canola or wheat is a far different world than getting down and dirty with retail outlets and customers. How much time did you spend marketing last year? Meet any of your customers face to face and have to sell your product?

Try crossing the line to being a price maker and you might find that a little harder work that you think.

I will give you a little tip in case nobody ever told you. There is no way out of this without our oil industry so bash them if you like, that's like punching yourself in the face.
                              Last edited by jazz; Apr 2, 2020, 08:11.

Comment

Milk dumping has begun in Canada - but they will be fully compensated for it.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...