• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A report Card on Justin Trudeau and the Liberals with economy and Covid-19

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A report Card on Justin Trudeau and the Liberals with economy and Covid-19

I have never been a fan of the kid and make no bones about it. I don't like him I believe he is an actor and that's all that's happening he comes out says his lines and answeres no questions then back into his hole.

This isn't leadership but a well run scripted tv show.

So ok let's look at what he has done how the liberals are running this thing and how well it is working out for Canada.

1. the borders and flights remain open. Was this a good idea. I say no all flights should have stopped between china from day one. Why were flights allowed to remain going? Yes give a date and get Canadians home then quarantine with checks and balance at home. Big fines if they didn't comply.

2. Stop all illegal border crossers. They aren't Canadian and arent in dire need for life-saving help from the USA. Simply don't care your crossing illegally it's our Canadian border. Wake up.

3. Tell all Canadians this is serious and its time to get home. Insurance companies text each one or phone and tell them they have till a certain date to get home. It's up to them. Yes, that would have included me who was down south. Yes, ours did tell us Monday at midnight our insurance was done. If these measures were done then self-quarantine in the early days. Now as USA numbers are up a full Quarantine same as china and Italy etc.

4. Gee ever go to other countries in the world where shit goes south with a disease etc. Masks are worn to protect others if you're sick. Most wear when they don't feel right. Maybe that's why some are ahead of the curb than Canada.

5. Start social distance and washing hands day one.

6. Close schools and universities etc first sign of action and go-to online classes.

7. Yes I know it hurts but stops all big events and sports, trade shows gatherings.

8. Have people that really do jack shit in life stay home and work from home.

9. Shut down construction projects and have everyone stay home.

10. Fire the Canadian top DR. She has been wrong on every single thing she has advised.

11. Put in a tax that is costing every Canadian more money today and a $45 dollar rebate isn't going to cut it.

12. Drop all the Carbon tax etc and get back to basics.

13. Shut down hot spots like Toronto and Montreal and Vancouver. Now.

14. Outline essential services and keep Canada going.

So yea he is a couple of weeks late on all same as usual since the liverals are making things up as they go and are hoping it will all go away.

The economy is the one thing that is going to hurt and hurt bad. Unemployment is going to skyrocket.

This will last well into July and then we will have round two next fall.

Canada will be done if an adult doesn't take over.

My grade is -F on all fronts.

What are others feeling?

If this would be Andrew and he played games like this and had flunkies at all turns i would criticise him just as bad maybe worse.

Canada needs a strong Federal Canadian gov.

not weak pathetic pussies running the show;

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
      My grade is -F on all fronts.

What are others feeling?
      Trudeau is the face of a much bigger failure imo. A failure of our media, a failure of our voting system, a failure of our confederation and a failure of our electorate who know nothing about the country and how its wealth is created. He is the poster boy for all that.

Comment

As far as I know every country has dropped the ball on this virus including USA. South Korea may be the only exception and maybe China but I doubt China are showing the real numbers. As far as fiscal stimulus in Canada, we’re going to be broke with some of the packages our PM is announcing. Feds announce up to $834 per week for 75% coverage of wages which works out to $20.85 a hour, with the 25% top up that equals $27.80 a hour based on 40 hours. These programs are way to rich, when you consider a lot of the population gets by on minimum wages. Program should cover your basic needs food and shelter not to pay for your toys and cabin at the lake.

Comment

I think the ball was dropped first by China. Yes, China it started there not here let's all eat rats and bats and dogs and cats and mice etc. China is the problem first. And second, as does anyone believe they had min deaths and it's all ok to resume life again.

Two Europe, USA, Canada all failed with the response and how to handle.

WHO is not doing its job. BS is all they spew.

So yea its a total cluster **** and it still is.

Then throw a wage increase to Skippy and a huge jump in a useless tax that will cost all unemployed Canadians.

Comment

Originally posted by Sodbuster View Post
            As far as I know every country has dropped the ball on this virus including USA. South Korea may be the only exception and maybe China but I doubt China are showing the real numbers. As far as fiscal stimulus in Canada, we’re going to be broke with some of the packages our PM is announcing. Feds announce up to $834 per week for 75% coverage of wages which works out to $20.85 a hour, with the 25% top up that equals $27.80 a hour based on 40 hours. These programs are way to rich, when you consider a lot of the population gets by on minimum wages. Program should cover your basic needs food and shelter not to pay for your toys and cabin at the lake.

That's not how it works

It's up to that amount.

And it's actually not enough because a lot of wages are in the $28-35/hr range... And that's not counting overtime

If your employees are at $15/hr you only get 75% of that $15.

Comment

Originally posted by Zephyr View Post
              That's not how it works

It's up to that amount.

And it's actually not enough because a lot of wages are in the $28-35/hr range... And that's not counting overtime

If your employees are at $15/hr you only get 75% of that $15.
              Agree with what your saying but the that $834 a week should be no more $600 or less, lots of minimum wage jobs out there, why should we throw more money at employees that are making far more than minimum wage.

Comment

a total failure in Canada. take a look at Taiwan. 24 million people packed on a tiny island and yet only 329 total cases and 5 deaths as of today, with the economy working. they slammed the door on china the day it was announced and started testing everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by canolacrazy View Post
                  a total failure in Canada. take a look at Taiwan. 24 million people packed on a tiny island and yet only 329 total cases and 5 deaths as of today, with the economy working. they slammed the door on china the day it was announced and started testing everyone.
                  And told the WHO that they were full of shit
                  Sent private investigators to china immediately to get real story
                  Told everyone to wear masks, etc., etc

Comment

And no one on MSM is asking the WHO why in fu ck they lied to everyone and were kissing chinas ass

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                      I think the ball was dropped first by China. Yes, China it started there not here let's all eat rats and bats and dogs and cats and mice etc. China is the problem first. And second, as does anyone believe they had min deaths and it's all ok to resume life again.

Two Europe, USA, Canada all failed with the response and how to handle.

WHO is not doing its job. BS is all they spew.

So yea its a total cluster **** and it still is.

Then throw a wage increase to Skippy and a huge jump in a useless tax that will cost all unemployed Canadians.
                      "WHO is not doing its job. BS is all they spew." that's the biggest understatement of this whole thread.

The U.N.'s W.H.O, completely failed the people of this world. Once it became know, of this virus's ability to spread so readily, the pandemic should have been declared(a month earlier), and flights should have been stopped at that time. Any repatriating of citizens after that, should have been forced quarantine, either that, or stay put in the country you're visiting.

Comment

Originally posted by Sodbuster View Post
                        Agree with what your saying but the that $834 a week should be no more $600 or less, lots of minimum wage jobs out there, why should we throw more money at employees that are making far more than minimum wage.

I get what you are saying...

But consider this, you're a welder in a machine shop, your wife works as an accountant.

She makes $26/hr you make $32 an hour.

You have a mortgage, two vehicles.

Getting paid $15 an hour won't really pay for your expenses...

The reason you make more is because you're skilled... That's why the program is there.

What scares me is there are a lot of businesses that have significant overhead, not in wages, and if they can't sell or service, thus no cash flow, how will they survive?

Businesses don't have an asset base to rely on and borrow against fairly often.

This disaster will be far worse financially than it seems right now.

Trudeau may not have done everything right, but neither did Trump or anyone else. Hindsight is 20/20 and partisanship is the last thing we need right now.

For the record, we haven't applied for a wage subsidy and don't plan on doing so unless we need to keep workers home more than 90 days...

Talk is now the current situation will persist till July.

Comment

Next time if there is one, ALL travelling out of country must be told there is always a RISK we won't let you back in. Want to play, TAKE the chance. Doors slam shut immediately till what ever the f*ck is happening is safe for those in Canada! This is a monumental tragedy, people dying here from a VIRUS started elsewhere, from extremely questionable eating/cleanliness practices in SHITHOLE places! We never had ONE local infection...think about that!

Comment

When this is all over there is going to a postmortem done and we will be probably shocked but nto suprised at the findings.

https://news.yahoo.com/suspected-sars-virus-and-flu-found-in-luggage-fbi-report-describes-chinas-biosecurity-risk-144526820.html Suspected SARS virus and flu samples found in luggage: FBI report describes China's 'biosecurity risk'

“Inspection of the writing on the vials and the stated recipient led inspection personnel to believe the materials contained within the vials may be viable Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) materials,” says an unclassified FBI tactical intelligence report obtained by Yahoo News.
                            Last edited by jazz; Apr 1, 2020, 11:46.

Comment

"Dozens of cruise ships are either lined up at Port Miami and Port Everglades or waiting offshore due to the coronavirus pandemic. Most have only crew aboard, but Carnival Corp., which owns nine cruise lines with a total of 105 ships, notified the SEC Tuesday that it has more than 6,000 passengers still at sea, on three ships that will soon arrive in Fort Civitavecchia, Italy, and Southampton, England, as well as Fort Lauderdale."

All total idiots...

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...