• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canadian Dollar History Refresher

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canadian Dollar History Refresher

Given the importance of the Canadian Dollar to our industry I wanted to provide a quick recap of history in case we are in for a repeat.

October 1, 2008 saw the Can$ open at $.9432 with things about to get real. At the peak of the selling, the low for the month of October was $.7686, down $.1746.

If this is as bad as 2008, and in many ways it could end up much worse, from a starting point of $.7438 to begin March, a similar move would leave us at $.5692.

Given the Australian Dollar hit $.5510 last week after starting the year at $.7024, it is not out of the question (for us to dip below $.60).

This is not a forecast for such a move, merely a heads up.

That said, the monthly continuation chart has had a signal that I follow suggesting an initial target of $.5920 with a secondary target at $.54 (triggered in November 2017). I didn't put much weight in it given the magnitude of the move (other than to have a weak bias to the Can$ in the short term). Given today's realities, who knows?

I would take his charts and opinion ahead of CBC or CNN

And thanks for the refresher, I thought .60 was a realistic target with skippy as the under the influence PM, before the last 4 weeks.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...